SPEAR have abandoned Deciat. Watch yourselves out there CMDRs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Lots of salt in this thread. Seems like a bitter attack on a group playing their own way, PvPing in Open.

Just play in group or solo if you want to avoid it, easy.

Oh my dear young thing, I could simply not disagree more.

After all, we were having a substantial side discussion about boil-in-the-bag Kumo burger sources, modern recruitment technologies for the cannibalistics amongst readers, and a wholly superb chat regarding types of stereotypical Italian foods that one could use as analogies for space combat idioms.

I do quite firmly believe that you, my dear fellow, may have committed the criminal act of not reading all that one is presented with.

It must also be noted that much of said salt you referred to, was mere seasoning for both the cheezy bread products, and the burgers, although I noticed you omitted the other types of seasoning of relevance, such as extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and of course peppery pepper.

This kind of slapdash thread speeding is simply not acceptable in a modern metrotypical forum environment, and I politely (yet sternly) suggest that you may need to do a shade better with your post-classroom coursework, say what?

Other than this, one hopes you're having a smashing Saturday.
Yours schizophrenically,

Henry Blofeld.

Oh my dear young thing, I could simply not disagree more.

After all, we were having a substantial side discussion about boil-in-the-bag Kumo burger sources, modern recruitment technologies for the cannibalistics amongst readers, and a wholly superb chat regarding types of stereotypical Italian foods that one could use as analogies for space combat idioms.

I do quite firmly believe that you, my dear fellow, may have committed the criminal act of not reading all that one is presented with.

It must also be noted that much of said salt you referred to, was mere seasoning for both the cheezy bread products, and the burgers, although I noticed you omitted the other types of seasoning of relevance, such as extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and of course peppery pepper.

This kind of slapdash thread speeding is simply not acceptable in a modern metrotypical forum environment, and I politely (yet sternly) suggest that you may need to do a shade better with your post-classroom coursework, say what?

Other than this, one hopes you're having a smashing Saturday.
Yours schizophrenically,

Henry Blofeld.

Post of the thread. Right here.

Unfortunately, I had missed the show's run. Probably watching Andromeda and Stargate SG1...or even some other rather low hanging garbage with Paris Hilton. I was young in the early 2000's

Might be on Netflix if you care about such things. Only 12 episodes. Serenity will make a bit more sense then.

Deleted member 110222

D
It's a shared galaxy, regardless of mode. ;)

Some days I think my mere continued existance is a gank to some people.
Just talking about face-2-face PvP.

RP still irrelevant.

BGS is basically irrelevant once you have your engineer unlocks.

Well you seem to be part of the 'salty' group I was referring to.

It's just a game, flying spaceships with guns on them. At some point somebody's probably going to shoot at you, for any reason or no reason at all. It's fun ;) And easily avoided.

There's a careful balance going on here. It is just a game, but the things that happen in game are not always devoid of out of game context.

A high profile member of SPEAR admitted to targeting the player behind a CMDR and not the CMDR itself. When criticized for this position, they offered no additional comment and were defended by additional high profile SPEAR members. My commenting was prolific and pointed.

That's all well and good. Adversarial debate is healthy for all of us.

However mere days later said high profile members and a significant amount of their allies were at my in-game doorstep specifically calling me out as the reason they are there. This is not embellishment. This is not twisting facts. This is a straight reading of what really happened. There is no other meaningful interpretation to this series of events. Of course, SPEAR is welcome to comment on a public thread but they fact they haven't is damning.

Considering the history of SPEAR and what they stand for I'm not surprised the OP was posted and that others have commented as they have. Of course many of them are my friends in game and out, but it's up to SPEAR to defend themselves. Not us.

Without equivocation Elite is a game and as far as our side of the conflict goes it's all for fun. Does that mean we won't call out toxic attitudes? Of course not. Darkness abhors the light. But at the end of the day we are in on the joke.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom