FINALLY VR SUPPORT FOR ODYSSEY

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Never saw the appeal of VR myself, completely murders any awareness of the real world.

I'd have to live on a mountain with no populations centres within 400 miles before I tried it.
Sleeping tends to have the same effect. Do you travel to a remote mountain top to sleep, or just choose to not participate in that particular activity?

Ed may or may not support VR. But the news is encouraging at best. At least their looking at the possibility of it without us all throwing up etc.
Tough nut to crack. We've had lots of ideas from those that know better than I do.
So we can now hope they get it fixed so we can s
Use legs in whatever format, without taking headset off or being gimped.

VR for me has been the biggest gaming step up in many years. Unless I am playing something that I can play with the family or that doesn't fit well into VR I struggle now to play anything on screen.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
They are "looking at it" but it's not being worked on right now.

"Exploring options" is already definitely working on it. What is not guaranteed yet though is that the end result will be a happy one, which is what I presume you are actually referring to.

Last edited:
My take aways from the livestream..
  • Frontier have NOT changed their position that VR will not be in Odessey at launch.
  • They have not changed their position to commit to VR in Odessey. It may or may not be included at a later stage.
  • They have slightly clarified their position that they are intent on including VR at a later stage, but if, and only if they can achieve a reasonable experience. They hinted at this earlier, but this clarification was more clearly stated. (Personally, I believe they really are looking at this, I also believe there is a significant risk this will never bear fruit)
  • Bruce made a 'slightly woolly' statement that nobody will lose anything that they currently have in VR. Where I feel that statement lacks, is whether this will still require a switch out of the Odessey product level back to the Horizons product. In earlier statements the switch to Horizons seemed to be what they were saying... It's not clear if that point has shifted slightly (only reading the possibility of the shift as Bruce didn't mention the 'H' word!). (Personally, I'm torn if whether the omission of the 'H' word was a deliberate attempt to slightly rose tint the news, or just an accidental inclusion of that ambiguity).
All we can do is wait..... and hope...

"Exploring options" is already definitely working on it. What is not guaranteed yet though is that the end result will be a happy one, which is what I presume you are actually referring to.

Awesome! The next time my wife asks me to cook dinner, I can tell her I'm "working on it" whilst exploring for options on recipes. And certainly with me cooking, the end results may not be happy (and may not even happen). 😂😅

Something has changed for the VR community that they didn't know, but some suspected, highlighted. :)

Arthur literally told us that in his post last week. There was no new info in the livestream. :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom