Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

Most of my squadron play on PC but I'm on PS4, when they set the fleet carrier to Friends and Squadron I cant dock, while the FC is cross platform it seems like the securities are not, which sucks. This makes squadron work wile doing BGS stuff impossible, like trading.

Todo esto me parece genial :(... Pero desde que han llegado los FC hay más problemas que nunca.- yo compré uno y lo devolví.. si no es para varias personas es un quebradero de cabeza. y te encadenas a él.. soy mas feliz jugando como antes de los Fc... solo han traído problemas, de Minería. .. de Comercio... de que se bloquea el juego o baja de FPS... todo son problemas.. y solo arreglais lo problemas de los FC.... ¿Y los problemas de siempre? tengo 2 cuentas y más de 5000 horas.. y jamás este juego ha tenido estos problemas.. En qué hora pusieron los FC (sin pensar en que iba a afectar...) Como lo de las piernas sea igual... se han cargado Elite Dangerous!

Greetings Commanders,

Thanks for your feedback on the latest patch! We understand that some of the changes had unexpected effects and want to address them:

Overlapping Hotspots Commodity Distribution
With Patch 3 we implemented a change that was primarily intended to bring down the effects of multiple overlapping hotspots, especially on rarer commodities (such as Low Temperature Diamonds). We're currently looking at data from the live game to determine the actual impact that it is having and will review this based on our projections. If the data does not meet our expectations we will be making changes accordingly.

Tritium
One of the most noted points of feedback we've seen so far is that the rarity of Tritium has been negatively impacted. We'd like to make it clear that any negative impact on locating and mining Tritium is unintentional and the intention is for Tritium to remain as accessible as it was prior to Patch 3.

Limited Purchasing on Fleet Carriers
Fleet Carrier purchase orders are now limited to a maximum order of 2bn Credits. This was omitted from the patch notes and we apologise for any confusion this has caused.

Console Players
A small update will take place tomorrow around midday for Xbox and Playstation users. This update won't contain any noticeable changes, but lays the groundwork for future bug fixes.

Finally, we would like to thank you all for your great feedback, we have been listening and watching and we appreciate your patience and support.

UPDATE: We are investigating the issues above, and are working on a patch. We will update you with the date for this patch as soon as we have it. Thank you for your continued patience.

o7 Commanders.
Hello everyone, I am writing via google translator so errors are possible.
After a long break, I went to the elite and went to mine, I noticed a strange thing that because I increased the collector drones by 3 pieces, my total mining did not change in time, but even increased, it turns out that when you scan an asteroid with a geological exploration drone, you see, for example, 15% Painite when you collect it, you do not get 15% as before, but generally randomly, but in most cases half of that value, that is, if 40%, then at best you will get 20-30% from one fragment of ore, which generally ed me off, according to normal, as before it should be that if you scan and see a concentration of 20%, then in each fragment it should be 20% ore and not a random amount ..
Otherwise, your mining turns into an infinite random "yesterday flew over asteroids in 30-40% and in 40 minutes mined only 192 tons

Greetings Commanders,

Thanks for your feedback on the latest patch! We understand that some of the changes had unexpected effects and want to address them:

With Patch 3 we implemented a change that was primarily intended to bring down the effects of multiple overlapping hotspots, especially on rarer commodities (such as Low Temperature Diamonds). We're currently looking at data from the live game to determine the actual impact that it is having and will review this based on our projections. If the data does not meet our expectations we will be making changes accordingly.

Tritium
One of the most noted points of feedback we've seen so far is that the rarity of Tritium has been negatively impacted. We'd like to make it clear that any negative impact on locating and mining Tritium is unintentional and the intention is for Tritium to remain as accessible as it was prior to Patch 3.

Fleet Carrier purchase orders are now limited to a maximum order of 2bn Credits. This was omitted from the patch notes and we apologise for any confusion this has caused.

Console Players
A small update will take place tomorrow around midday for Xbox and Playstation users. This update won't contain any noticeable changes, but lays the groundwork for future bug fixes.

Finally, we would like to thank you all for your great feedback, we have been listening and watching and we appreciate your patience and support.

UPDATE: We are investigating the issues above, and are working on a patch. We will update you with the date for this patch as soon as we have it. Thank you for your continued patience.

o7 Commanders.

I hope this will satisfy, guys :)

op

Attachments

• paini.jpeg
    paini.jpeg
    828.1 KB · Views: 253
old mining was good and prices right.
I now have to crush my eyes on the Forum, Inara, Google to buy trit because mining is weak. Hitting painite was risky but it's the best option to keep the new FC and yourself.
Information for players who have a problem with money, proposes mining Painite buy tritium and switch FC to a good HotSpot. Use INARA to search for a sell system to a minimum of 690K to get out of the hole.

We'd like to make it clear that any negative impact on locating and mining Tritium is unintentional and the intention is for Tritium to remain as accessible as it was prior to Patch 3.
Early indications are that this has not been achieved and that a significant decrease is still evident in the amount of tritium available in Tri2s and Tri3s as against Patch 3 - albeit better than it was yesterday. For carriers in the black who have been stranded for nearing a month, this looks like another let down. If the intention was to reduce Tritium mining availability, then please say that (as the above quote says completely the opposite). If not, then I'd ask you to urgently look into the issue. I'm sure more data will come from the players later today to evidence the problem.

The easiest fix for this is to have fleet carriers start passively scooping 200 tons of tritium per day.
Make those NPC's earn all the upkeep credits we throw at them.

If a CMDR wants to move their fleet carrier faster than ~1 jump per day, then they can go mine more.
At least with fleet carriers passively scooping roughly one jump of fuel per day, they wouldn't be currently stranded.

I like this idea, but my FC is out in the black with just my three CMDRs. Apart from the crew, there shouldn't be any NPCs around to scoop for me. If there are I will put them off the ship. If they're really lucky, I may read them some of my poetry first.

Greetings Commanders,

Tritium

Console Players

o7 Commanders.
Did the tritium issue get fixed? Or are the dssa carrier carrying tritium for deep space pilots? I cant find any solution to the weak yields mining tritium.

The final solution is at this thread, which was doubling the efficiency of tritium for FC jumps.
That doesn't help if you are going to somewhere like Beagle Point and need more Tritium than your FC can hold and there is nowhere to buy it. I just did a Colonia trip and on my way to Sagittarius A*. I tried mining triple overlap hotspots in icy rings and mined 4 Tritium in as many hours. It's a joke and I'm moving on to other games. (Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Top Bottom