Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

Once again the emoexaggeration, and completely inaccurate. Somehow, since carriers dropped, I've managed to earn 550+M in exploradata, put 1100+T of LTD in my hold and around twice that in other money minerals, log about 30 Codex entries for around 875K cred, and find 3 virgin ELWs, a Wolf-Rayet star, a Herbig Se/Be star, a nice little O-star cluster, and 5 types of interstellar life form, among other finds. According to you that's not possible, so "according to you" must be wrong, and you are.
and you had time to sleep?

Well, for me - and I'm certainly not saying we're all the same - it was fun making a lot of money. I've never been a hard core player so logging on for an hour or so a day and bagging 100mCR was excellent. It was during that LTD rush I'd make enough cash to get a carrier.

Given the current situation - from what I'm hearing at least - I certainly won't be getting one as mining the tritium needed is apparently a grindfest. I hope for other players' sake I'm completely off.

There is cash in non-mining activities, certainly (and that is probably what I'm going to be doing from now on), but it's nowhere near what mining used to be and is very much a hindrance for new players who's aim is a fleet carrier. It'll be longer than long-term now.

To be fair to me, I did state that it was the way I’m doing it, I did imply that I’ve not done a lot of mining, I did say that at my current rate it would take me a year, I perhaps should have added that I hope/expect to improve my methods.
Which I am sure will happen, as all types of mining except laser improve with practice. Just as a benchmark, I used a comparatively low yield rate of 100T/hr to calculate the Colonia to Sol trip, and there have been reports of double that.

One of the "side benefits" of FC travel if you take advantage of it is the many systems you can explore and possibly tag while simply looking for a tritium source. Now and then some remarkable finds may crop up, and having a UC module aboard makes the rewards quickly available.

SSDs, centre of a single Tritium hotspot in the black, not a mining deity (actually kinda suck at Elite in general), getting 200-300 tons per hour. The top end may have been a fluke, however...

I'm not saying those are ideal numbers by any means, but the folks who say they can get next to no Tritium at all (low tens of tons per hour)... are you sure you're not working to an out-dated set of optimum conditions?

Specifically, are you taking into account that the outer edges of hotspots have been vastly reduced in yield and thus narrow overlaps are usually no longer as effective? Are you focusing on SSDs and not laser (at least not exclusively)? Are you mining near the centres of hotspots?
335 meters away from hotspot center, sir.

I have only six thousand hours at this, so I'm a rookie. And, I've done every change-up to mining methods suggested.

I'm only a poodle, so I am not qualified to judge my betters.

Once again the emoexaggeration, and completely inaccurate. Somehow, since carriers dropped, I've managed to earn 550+M in exploradata, put 1100+T of LTD in my hold and around twice that in other money minerals, log about 30 Codex entries for around 875K cred, and find 3 virgin ELWs, a Wolf-Rayet star, a Herbig Ae/Be star, a nice little O-star cluster, and 5 types of interstellar life form, among other finds. According to you that's not possible, so "according to you" must be wrong, and you are.
Welcome to Beige Squadron.

Welcome to Beige Squadron.
Ah, attempted passive-aggressive ad hominem attacks, a common retort of the weak-minded.

TBH Comdr, beige is fine by me because I have through many years of dedicated meditation and mental discipline* extended my perceptions to include approximately 200 additional nm into the lower end of the spectrum and 350nm into the higher, so beige has a lot more to offer than what "dull cow eyes" can normally grasp.

*aka "imagination" -- try it some time

Last edited:
This should be fixed in the upcoming patch with the mining adjustment.
As it appears that the Tritium levels are no where near to those prior to Patch 3 as to my enquiry. This has not been fixed, also the not giving a direct answer just shows how even the CM's cannot get definite answers. The lack of honest answers from Frontier is getting very annoying and I can understand why so many people here are expressing themselves with negative posts.

I would ask Frontier in future when announcing a fix. Make sure it is fixed and do not announce fixes with statements such as "it should be Fixed" as this gives the impression that the developers have no clue about their own software.

Just saying
ODB

Just thought I'd share my experience. I'm not exactly a noob at mining; I've made over 20B in my time. Today I took my carrier out to a pristine single VO hotspot and dropped in to it dead centre in a Conda fitted with all 4 mining options. The results:

Time spent = 2.25 hours
Limpets used = 160
LTDs = 4
Grandidierite = 76
Tritium = 82
Void Opals = 0

Not impressed. Maybe I was just unlucky but I have a feeling not.

Once again the emoexaggeration, and completely inaccurate. Somehow, since carriers dropped, I've managed to earn 550+M in exploradata, put 1100+T of LTD in my hold and around twice that in other money minerals, log about 30 Codex entries for around 875K cred, and find 3 virgin ELWs, a Wolf-Rayet star, a Herbig Ae/Be star, a nice little O-star cluster, and 5 types of interstellar life form, among other finds. According to you that's not possible, so "according to you" must be wrong, and you are.
Somebody pay to orbit Moon 2-3 times and back 200 mill usd. That does not mean it is cheap. It means somebody have extra free money. That does not mean they can orbit Moon once a week for the rest too. And we need carrier for everyday use.

To heck with mining the stuff. They don't have much in the way of supplies at stations, despite anything Ian says. The locust horde cleans the stations out.

Somebody pay to orbit Moon 2-3 times and back 200 mill usd. That does not mean it is cheap. It means somebody have extra free money. That does not mean they can orbit Moon once a week for the rest too. And we need carrier for everyday use.
I'm trying to parse your non-sequitirs with only vague success. You seem to think using my carrier every day is costing me creds -- actually I am earning them. The 500+M cred I mention is after all carrier expenses, which are paid exclusively by exploration alone. The minerals in my hold are solely for financing the party I plan upon return to so-called civilization, but that's a ways down the road.

I'm trying to parse your non-sequitirs with only vague success. You seem to think using my carrier every day is costing me creds -- actually I am earning them. The 500+M cred I mention is after all carrier expenses, which are paid exclusively by exploration alone. The minerals in my hold are solely for financing the party I plan upon return to so-called civilization, but that's a ways down the road.
One word: Rates.
Weekly upkeep is about 9mil. 1 jump fuel is 9 mil too + 100k. Or 100 mins of mining.
All fixes together they did lately leads to this situation and it seems it will be worse in time.
So in projections, when all old cheap reserves will be gone - we will be playing to keep carrier move. Example, I want to go and fight thargoids, fine. It is 2 jumps. There and back. It is 18 mil just for fuel. It is 9 interceptors kill. Plain delivery of ship from bubble to station there 3 mil once. Then I can use long range ship which goes there in 5 jumps and swap ship.
FC becomes not even carrier.

One word: Rates.
Weekly upkeep is about 9mil. 1 jump fuel is 9 mil too + 100k. Or 100 mins of mining.
All fixes together they did lately leads to this situation and it seems it will be worse in time.
So in projections, when all old cheap reserves will be gone - we will be playing to keep carrier move. Example, I want to go and fight thargoids, fine. It is 2 jumps. There and back. It is 18 mil just for fuel. It is 9 interceptors kill. Plain delivery of ship from bubble to station there 3 mil once. Then I can use long range ship which goes there in 5 jumps and swap ship.
FC becomes not even carrier.
Why do you insist on misusing a carrier when you obviously dislike them so much? Masochistic streak lately? You need to

Decomm and prosper! 🖖

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Only with refund of ARX. Because I paid for different thing and want at least that thing and that rules back. I.e. 3 hours mining were funding 65000 trip.
Hahahahahaha! Here's a parable:
A man once heard of a wonderful magical pack mule that could carry all his provisions and equipment and tow a trailer full of his very fast horses and also let him communicate with people who paid him to make maps of uncharted territory. When he went to the pack mule dealership he was told that these very special pack mules require very special food that is not east to obtain, and because they can haul huge amounts of stuff for long distances they needed to be fed regularly. Now the man thought the pack mule was a fine-looking animal and was convinced (without evidence, just wishing it was so) that it should be able to run at least as fast as his horses, and eat no more than ordinary horses, and that its food would be easy to find everywhere. So, propped up by vague and insupportable assumptions, he bought the pack mule and also paid for beautiful gold ribbons to weave into its mane. It was everything he hoped for! At first.

When the man found that pack mule food was not as easy to come by as he expected (despite warnings to the contrary) he demanded that either the pack mule change or the food sources change -- or preferably both! -- to accommodate him. Neither could and neither did. So he stormed back to the dealership raging and ranting bout how he had been deceived (even though the pack mule, when treated intelligently, could do all that was said it could do), and even demanded that the dealership reimburse him for the optional pretty ribbons. The dealer had two words for him:

Caveat emptor.

Top Bottom