Advanced Multi-cannons vs Thargoids and Multicrew

The SLF was able to keep the swarm busy. This has changed and does not work anymore. The swarm will focus on the main ship. Human SLF fighters can assist in fighting thargoids. This increases the fun factor. This t10 is more of a meme build. An impressive build but it will likely not survive a medusa or basilisk.

The SLF was able to keep the swarm busy. This has changed and does not work anymore.
so now the SLF doesn't stop us from destroying a swarm of FLAK guns?
Human SLF fighters can assist in fighting thargoids.
If there are people on the SLF, which SLF is better then? XG9 ?

Last edited:
Ok a few things:
The damage of advanced multicannons is so low you won't get any benefit out of them. However: Advanced Missiles engineered with Sturdy Mount | Overload Munitions deal a very good amount of damage.
All these weapons are fixed though, so no multicrew capability there.
Multicrew can control turrets: AX Multicannons, Guardian Plasma Chargers, Guardian Shard Cannons.
The damage of AX Multicannons is very low and it is hard to hit with them. Plasma Chargers have a super high distributor draw and also their damage-fall-off range makes them mostly useless, as you'll have to stay within lightning range to deal any meaningful damage and only to a cyclops. Shard Cannons can be a nice addition if one knows how to utilize them, but due to their low range and low armour piercing only really work against the lower variants. As all of these count towards the 4 weapons limit, it is a better idea to just stick with Gauss.
This leaves turreted Flak Launchers. The problem with those is: You don't get the proximity marker so your gunner will have no inidcation whatsoever when he should detonate the shells, which makes destroying the swarm via multicrew almost impossible.

Fighters: Only one answer here is the Guardian Lance. Everythign els eis pretty much useless and also only works if ther eis no swarm because the swarm will instantly kill any fighter.

Last but not least: The type 10 is a very bad ship for Thargoid Combat, do not use it!

I am curious to the idea though of 4x AX Multicannons and everything else being Advanced Multi's for scout combat though.... theoretically 9 multis firing on a scout should chew it up.

I am curious to the idea though of 4x AX Multicannons and everything else being Advanced Multi's for scout combat though.... theoretically 9 multis firing on a scout should chew it up.
As far as I remember, Advanced MC is only fixed. And when fighting with scouts, you need a lot of weapon nests and more maneuverability. The T10 is not suitable here, what else?
FGS ?

I personally think scout die really easy with just ax multis and an ax seeker missile on a krait 2. If you're just fighting scouts, thats a walk in the park

I personally think scout die really easy with just ax multis and an ax seeker missile on a krait 2. If you're just fighting scouts, thats a walk in the park
As far as I remember, haunted missiles cannot hit scouts. But since the Scouts are easily damaged, they can be easily hit with conventional weapons. I would simply add turret beam lasers to the 4 AX MC.

The definitive source for all things anti-xeno. Plenty of links to videos demonstrating builds, tactics etc too.

..This leaves turreted Flak Launchers. The problem with those is: You don't get the proximity marker so your gunner will have no indication whatsoever when he should detonate the shells, which makes destroying the swarm via multicrew almost impossible.

You've got to be kidding me. Is this for real??
Pffff, Mulicrew is even more garbage than I've come to realize. :(

Top Bottom