Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

MagicMau!
My Hue lights are seemingly broken again. I cannot get the companion to sync with my play bars again. Not sure if there was something broken with the last beta, but I am guessing that I need to remove and reinstall the app again.

I deleted and reinstalled the app (beta) and have refused the update it suggests. Hue works on the one in the forum, but not the update. Just a little troubleshooting for you sir

I've been unable to install the latest version for the last couple of weeks. tried to uninstall the previous version, which failed. Manually removed the registry key entries for anything containing "Elite G19s" and up to the "Product" registry folder where applicable. Unable to locate any log files in the location indicated in the manual. Removed files from APPDATA local and roaming. Still unable to install from the latest version. Even tried the beta, but no luck. I miss this gem of a program. Please advise. Thanks!

I've been unable to install the latest version for the last couple of weeks. tried to uninstall the previous version, which failed. Manually removed the registry key entries for anything containing "Elite G19s" and up to the "Product" registry folder where applicable. Unable to locate any log files in the location indicated in the manual. Removed files from APPDATA local and roaming. Still unable to install from the latest version. Even tried the beta, but no luck. I miss this gem of a program. Please advise. Thanks!

Managed to get this working. If anyone else is running into the same issue, I got around this by adding "Install as administrator" reg key for MSI packages. See this link
I was then able to right click on the installer, select "Install as administrator", and all was well.

But I have a little problem. Spotify works perfectly like always, but something happen with youtube music. My youtube playlist not work anymore. I need to change anything? I use it with VoiceAttack plugin, but if I select manually in the UI doesn't work either.

Well, Spotify plays well, but Something happens with volume control. I can't control it with Companion anymore.

Another minor bug I found is that the "dim music while transmitting" in space traffic options not work correctly. This option it's always on.

Edit: Ok, regarding youtube playlists: I see that all my youtube playlists are disappeared maybe "TVStations" label of options.json is not valid anymore?

You recommend me install beta version?

Hi Hoksilato! Sorry for the late reply, it looks like I'm not getting notifications from the forum anymore and I was away from the game for a bit.

Yes, thanks to your remark I noticed a bug that prevented saving the Youtube channels in the options.json file! I'm very embarrassed, I will immediately work on an update to fix this. Sorry for this!

My Hue lights are seemingly broken again. I cannot get the companion to sync with my play bars again. Not sure if there was something broken with the last beta, but I am guessing that I need to remove and reinstall the app again.

Hi Dahill, that's really odd, as I haven't really changed anything to those. In the update I will bring out soon I will update the Hue libraries to their latest version, perhaps that already resolves it. Over the weekend I will perform some additional tests to see if more changes are needed to get them back to work!

Managed to get this working. If anyone else is running into the same issue, I got around this by adding "Install as administrator" reg key for MSI packages. See this link
I was then able to right click on the installer, select "Install as administrator", and all was well.

That's a good tip. I don't know why you would need admin rights though, unless you want to install in the Program Files folder I think. Other than that, I was under the impression that the current set up should be more reliable and secure. But thanks!

Hi Hoksilato! Sorry for the late reply, it looks like I'm not getting notifications from the forum anymore and I was away from the game for a bit.

Yes, thanks to your remark I noticed a bug that prevented saving the Youtube channels in the options.json file! I'm very embarrassed, I will immediately work on an update to fix this. Sorry for this!

Hi Dahill, that's really odd, as I haven't really changed anything to those. In the update I will bring out soon I will update the Hue libraries to their latest version, perhaps that already resolves it. Over the weekend I will perform some additional tests to see if more changes are needed to get them back to work!

That's a good tip. I don't know why you would need admin rights though, unless you want to install in the Program Files folder I think. Other than that, I was under the impression that the current set up should be more reliable and secure. But thanks!
Currently just installing in the default path. I’ve never changed that. I’ve had the message come up previously for earlier updates, but always got around with uninstalling and starting afresh. This time I was unable to uninstall, and resorted to manually removing files and registry keys, including those you cover in the manual. It didn’t help though until I installed as administrator after adding the Windows keys pr the article.

Mine was fine until today when I just tried an update. Then it stopped working.

When installing the latest version, it stops half way and says "something went wrong"
  1. I made sure I had the latest logitech software and 32 bit C++
  2. I tried to manually remove using both windows add / remove and ccleaner uninstall but neither would remove it. (still shows in the list after doing the uninstall process)
  3. in ccleaner I tried to delete and it says "cannot delete msi file"
  4. I manually deleted the msi files that were stored in the download folder
  5. I manually deleted the elite g19 folders under both local and roaming
  6. I cleared out the registry using ccleaner (found some g19 stuff)
  7. searched PC for EliteG19s - found and removed an old msi installer, shortcuts in start menu, .vap file and a couple 1kb files
  8. (the only thing left is a couple crash reports from a month ago - dont remember having a problem back then)
  9. tried using the repair option under ccleaner and it says completed but does not change the issue.
  10. rebooted multiple times through this process mostly after each uninstall attempt and before trying to reinstall.
Windows event viewer only logs that there was an issue but not really the cause:
  1. Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\admin\Downloads\EliteG19s-3.7.7507.36098.msi. Client Process Id: 15120.
  2. Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Users\admin\Downloads\EliteG19s-3.7.7507.36098.msi. Client Process Id: 15120.
  3. Product: Elite G19s Companion App -- Configuration failed.
  4. Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Elite G19s Companion App. Product Version: 3.7.7507.36098. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Maurits Elbers. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.
Since I manually removed all the folders and files, there is no log file to provide. (no more log.txt or options.json)

Any ideas what additional steps I can try or any idea whats wrong?
Thanks in advance
o7

Mine was fine until today when I just tried an update. Then it stopped working.

Any ideas what additional steps I can try or any idea whats wrong?
Thanks in advance
o7

I uploaded a new installer this morning (as there was a desktop icon missing in the previous installer), does that perhaps automagically fix your issue?
There have been issues with installations in non-default locations, which the latest installer should prevent. However it seems that due to those issues, sometimes the installer gets confused. Were you able to uninstall the app through the regular Add/Remove programs process?

same here. new version won't install, all files are deleted, but older versions also will no lnoger install. So something's bugged. The msi package edit in regedit doesnt work either.

Thanks for the hard work and update MagicMau but I've just had the same problem too.

First of all, I clicked the popup box to download the new version and it didn't load. I restarted and tried again twice but had same results.
I then went to add/remove programs and tried to remove Elite G19, a progress bar pops up and then disappears but the application is still there (tried twice as well).

Last edited:
I uploaded a new installer this morning (as there was a desktop icon missing in the previous installer), does that perhaps automagically fix your issue?
There have been issues with installations in non-default locations, which the latest installer should prevent. However it seems that due to those issues, sometimes the installer gets confused. Were you able to uninstall the app through the regular Add/Remove programs process?
Well Im able to run the latest msi now without the error that it stopped working. Once it finishes however, there is no shortcut to it and I dont see that it ever actually installed anything.
After the installation, there are no eliteg19 folders or an EliteG19s.Windows.exe file anywhere on my PC. No folders in AppData\Local or AppData\Roaming or x86.

So actually now when I try to run the latest msi a 2nd time, (was looking to see if there is a default install path that we can change) Im getting that message again "something went wrong"

and no, Im still not able to remove from the add/remove programs. I still see 3.7.7507.36098 there, when I try to uninstall it pops up an uninstalling dialog box for a second but it does not remove it.

Last edited:
Updating doesnt work, earlier the program worked when choosing not to update, now Windows wont let me start it, antivirus software gives a warning or ransom virus with the program.

Yep, update still not working (though without the virus warning here). What's going on?
The old version still works fine, I just have to refuse the update. Couldn't you possibly remove the update until it's fixed?
It's still under investigation and I'm sure MagicMau will let us all know when he's found the reason :)

I can't speak for him but perhaps it needs to be set as a master version for him to mirror real life usage to isolate the problem.

hmmm maybe it's more related to the Windows 10 - 2004 update ? in the current hotfix they issued for that, the patchnotes mentioned an issue with .msi installers not working properly?? should have been fixed now, maybe that caused this ?

Hi Mau,
I try to bind a key that display Orrery view but it doesn't work.

"Function": "Screen Orrery",
"UseAlt": false,
"UseCtrl": false,
"UseShift": false,
"UseWin": false,
"Key": "F12",
"IsEnabled": true

Also, YouTube page doesn't work.

Thanks

how we making out- any progress? anything I can help with?

Sorry, it took me a while to find out where exactly things were going wrong and then to find a way to resolve it. It seems like I managed to introduce a bug in the installer itself, which you only find when either uninstalling or upgrading.

I think I may have found a solution. So, if you are running into the issue where an upgrade keeps "running into a problem", try the following and let me know if it solved the issue:
  1. Open a command prompt as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands, which will remove the installer entries from the Windows registry:
    1. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    2. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Features\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    3. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\UpgradeCodes\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E0017637
  3. Download the latest version from https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/ and try installing that.
Hopefully it should now all be fine. I totally understand if you are uncertain about trying this out yourselves. I will wrap it in a more user friendly way if it works for more people than just me :)

Sorry, it took me a while to find out where exactly things were going wrong and then to find a way to resolve it. It seems like I managed to introduce a bug in the installer itself, which you only find when either uninstalling or upgrading.

I think I may have found a solution. So, if you are running into the issue where an upgrade keeps "running into a problem", try the following and let me know if it solved the issue:
  1. Open a command prompt as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands, which will remove the installer entries from the Windows registry:
    1. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    2. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Features\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    3. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\UpgradeCodes\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E0017637
  3. Download the latest version from https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/ and try installing that.
Hopefully it should now all be fine. I totally understand if you are uncertain about trying this out yourselves. I will wrap it in a more user friendly way if it works for more people than just me :)

Good morning MagicMau,

Thank you so much for all your hard work! I've followed the steps and removed the registry entries with CMD administrator which was nice and easy, thank you.

I downloaded the most recent version installer which gets to the install files part but then says it doesn't have permission which hasn't happened before. Here's a screenshot of the folder in the background, the installer and the error.
1596790178727.png

P.S when I open the folder and any files, it has me as the owner already in properties - security - advanced.

I hope that helps. Thank you so much,
Evo

Last edited:
Top Bottom