Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

New green gas giant appeared in the codex. I'm not the discoverer, but I went out there and verified it.

Eodgorph LM-W e1-16 BCD 8

It's a blue Class-III oblate gas giant, with little green spots. The in-game discovery (scan tags and codex entry) is WikedHunta.

2020-06-27%2001-07-32%20Eodgorph%20LM-W%20e1-167.jpg

2020-06-27%2001-02-12%20Eodgorph%20LM-W%20e1-167.jpg

New green gas giant appeared in the codex. I'm not the discoverer, but I went out there and verified it.

Eodgorph LM-W e1-16 BCD 8

It's a blue Class-III oblate gas giant, with little green spots. The in-game discovery (scan tags and codex entry) is WikedHunta.

2020-06-27%2001-07-32%20Eodgorph%20LM-W%20e1-167.jpg

2020-06-27%2001-02-12%20Eodgorph%20LM-W%20e1-167.jpg
Interesting that it’s an oblate GGG, but otherwise quite boring. Still, it’s a data point for if we ever get something about these things to analyse.

Wish me luck, guys. This week I chose a random star near the Core, and started to scan every system in its area (and you know how many that are over there :D). Maybe I'll find a GGG along the way...

Yes, this will be a good challenge. Others do that for ELWs, I do it for an eventual GGG :D

If you're talking different colours, is this camoflage-coloured gas giant one for the list? It has those small blobs that are often seen on GGGs, etc, but they don't appear to be glowing at all.
J0AYe4N.png

If you're talking different colours, is this camoflage-coloured gas giant one for the list? It has those small blobs that are often seen on GGGs, etc, but they don't appear to be glowing at all.
J0AYe4N.png
Does the System Map description classify it as a GGG?

It says it's a gas giant with water-based life. The only mention of colours in the description is "...with a surprising excess of oxygen and many carbon-based compounds giving it some vivid colours."

Edit: System map info:
QzjDDFV.png

Edit 2: Had a look at the system description for the Blua Hypa GGG, it's got similar radioplankton text to the above, and says "vivid colouration".

Last edited:
It says it's a gas giant with water-based life. The only mention of colours in the description is "...with a surprising excess of oxygen and many carbon-based compounds giving it some vivid colours."

Edit: System map info:
QzjDDFV.png

Edit 2: Had a look at the system description for the Blua Hypa GGG, it's got similar radioplankton text to the above, and says "vivid colouration".
So, it isn't a GGG.
Just a regular GG with water-based Life.

So what's the criteria - the Blua Hypa GGG doesn't say "glowing" either. Is it that it has to visibly show a glow?
The "vivid colouration" and "This particular" are the key phrases in System Map description, AFAIK.
"some vivid colours" in there is a sure sign of mundane life-bearing GG.
Visible glow is a good indicator too, but on some GGGs it is present only on tiny patches, so not readily apparent.

The "vivid colouration" and "This particular" are the key phrases in System Map description, AFAIK.
"some vivid colours" in there is a sure sign of mundane life-bearing GG.
Visible glow is a good indicator too, but on some GGGs it is present only on tiny patches, so not readily apparent.
Please correct me if wrong - Aren’t the phrases to look out for "this particular" and "luminous vapor"? I don’t recall any confirmed GGG using the phrase “some vivid colors” yet, but if so which one?

"vivid colouration" is in the Blua Hypa GGG, and "luminous vapour" is not...
eVmwQsB.png

I had hoped that the existence of "radioplankton" would have done the trick (edit: now that I'm examining gas giants more closely, nope, radioplankton is a common thing).

Last edited:
Top Bottom