Question for Open players who don't like PVP/ganking... help me understand

I see him saying he wants to get into PvP. Unlike you I can't do the mental gymnastics needed to interpret this as a complaint about PvP.

I stand by my assessment that there are more threads trying to restrict people's mode choices than there are complaints about getting ganked. (On this forum at least; I avoid Reddit).
You need to read the whole thread Brrokk. The guy was complaining about the PvP community being mean because we banned him for clogging so he was trying to find another community that would accept him.

I've ganked a few dozen CMDRs in the last week. The last one accepted my friend request, after talking about their goals (and why I gonk), I invited them to my FC and handed them 400m in credits to help their journey. Explain to me again how I'm driving people out of the game?
You evil bovine, think of all the immersion you've denied them! LMAO

Seriously though, can confirm: when Cow and I go a-gonking, we have a pretty high success rate of getting people to accept our friend requests, and this leads to all sorts of fun in-game shenanigans.

Sometimes we do 1v1 fights, sometimes he helps them out with money (as above) via trading commodities on his FC, or he uses his FC to jump them somewhere to gather materials, or one of us wings them in to just literally give them free money and materials as we turn in massacre missions, or we simply offer some genuine and sincere tips on how to improve their builds or whatever, or tactics on how to avoid ganks. We've done every single one of those things in the past few days alone.

Basically, we're having the kind of spontaneous and often co-operative experiences it sounds like many of the respondents in this thread are looking for. We're really, literally, just two chill dudes playing a video game and having emergent experiences with other players on a regular, near-nightly basis.

That frequently involve spaceship destruction, either of our own and/or other players' ships. But I mean... it's a videogame, right?

It's gonna happen. I'm buying a pink paint for my FAS just to gank you now.

I mean, it's what I did for my packhound partyboat.

20181103002513_1.jpg

Yeah that kinda throws a wrench into the whole analogy but touche.

Not really,

Though the owner is the game dev I suppose so owne4 might be a bad word. It's really about the number of dog poops one has to deal with to enjoy the park with others. On my playtimes the poop is barely noticeable, however other times it seems almost unavoidable, especially over in Deciat. Also for some reason the poop only seems to want to stick to my hauler shoes and not the sportie combat ones...

I've ganked a few dozen CMDRs in the last week. The last one accepted my friend request, after talking about their goals (and why I gonk), I invited them to my FC and handed them 400m in credits to help their journey. Explain to me again how I'm driving people out of the game?

So out of 12 interactions you had one positive one. With 11 chances to have driven someone from the game. I don't know what the odds are but it seems to me you have at least a chance to be driving people away, assuming there actually are people who quit games because they got ganked.

The main issue I have with this is that pure killing is just too easy in most cases. Why should they accept a friend request from someone who has just killed them? The majority (understandably) won’t. Why not make the gank more of a challenge by for example sniping a few internal modules or using smaller ships with less firepower. Get them to solve a riddle or else they die, Use your imagination!
Most gankers are just lazy.

The main issue I have with this is that pure killing is just too easy in most cases. Why should they accept a friend request from someone who has just killed them? The majority (understandably) won’t. Why not make the gank more of a challenge by for example sniping a few internal modules or using smaller ships with less firepower. Get them to solve a riddle or else they die, Use your imagination!
Most gankers are just lazy.
Why should I solve a riddle if I simply can menu log?

Top Bottom