Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

yea that works but ingame at connect there is the i/0 error for me again, mabe my firewall has messed something up, cause extensive reinstalles ill gona check more tomorrow
The error 'I/O or os-error' generally depending on access right's of EDMC.exe, so EDMC can't write a file to the drive, where TCE is installed.
Give the file admin right's or move your TCE folder to drive, where your OS allows EDMC.exe to create a file.

The second reason could be your firewall or AV app blocking EDMC.exe.

Last edited:
** Update, nevermind I searched the thread and realized I needed to increase the filter from actual to 1 day. Thanks.

Hi I have a question I couldn't find in the troubleshooting or wiki.

Under the routes menu when I click "finder" I'm never able to find any routes. I've tried messing with the filtering to make it a wide search, I've pulled down the databases within 100 and then 500 light years of bubble. I've downloaded trade and system databases.

I've visited 20 docks locally and then tried. It's always empty. I've reinstalled and installed to a different location etc and I'm kind of at the end of what I can troubleshoot at this point. I did get it to work once so I know what it should look like and I know that I have data that should show some routes.

Everything else is working properly. Maybe a little too well. I'd like to get rid of the random pull downs I get sometimes that cover my screen when I enter new systems sometimes but the finder is really what I wanted. In other trade menus I can see ports and make comparisons. Both source and destination ports show at the top. No IO issues.Databases verify. I've given the folder users explicit full permissions for users for files/subfolders with the ACL's...

Last edited:
Hi eventure, im getting script failures when I dock at my Fleet Carrier, seems to be a data type casting problem with an Int32..... I get two/three of these script fails per docking. Been happening since the last update.

Attachments

• EVENT ERROR_ 28_07_2020 14_08_50.png
    EVENT ERROR_ 28_07_2020 14_08_50.png
    444.2 KB · Views: 228
Version [1.8.1.2] released
Changelog:
  • Added some missing spanish translation phrases.
  • Changed the default data age filter setting of the route finder from 'actual' to '1 day'.
  • Fixed an overflow error within the carrier stats event.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Hi eventure, im getting script failures when I dock at my Fleet Carrier, seems to be a data type casting problem with an Int32..... I get two/three of these script fails per docking. Been happening since the last update.
Thanks for reporting! Fixed the issue with the above update.

Hello eventure.

My TCE freezes after clicking the launch button. The top progress bar appears and gets to 60%, then a window pops up saying:
REQUEST
69 unprocessed journals detected!
start processing now?
yes no

After clicking yes a window appears with a list of journals and scanning events in the right panel. When it gets to "CarrierJump" it gets stuck and the process has to be killed manually.

If you choose no, then it launches fine. Is it ok to run it with those unprocessed journals?

Hello eventure.

My TCE freezes after clicking the launch button. The top progress bar appears and gets to 60%, then a window pops up saying:
REQUEST
69 unprocessed journals detected!
start processing now?
yes no

After clicking yes a window appears with a list of journals and scanning events in the right panel. When it gets to "CarrierJump" it gets stuck and the process has to be killed manually.

If you choose no, then it launches fine. Is it ok to run it with those unprocessed journals?
It is, but i like to fix the issue, you encountered by processing unprocessed journals. Is it possible to idenify the journal, where it hangs and send it to me?
If so, use the report a bug button and attach the file for inspection.
Thanks in advance.

Version [1.8.1.3] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with some database routines, which could lead to a halt of TCE in a certain case.
  • Fixed an issue with the Carrier Jump event not creating a valid market database entry in a certain case.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

I've recently returned to the game and am back to using my favorite tool. One small thing I noticed is that since the Beyond we now have the "mapped" status for planets, but there's no such state of knowledge on TCE. Due to this, I'd need to roll back all my previous "explored" systems back to another exploration status just to know if I have some mapping to do.

Coming back after a break of a couple years and change. I've still got my old TCE install reserved but since it's rather ancient, I figured I'd check if there's anything I should do to upgrade it before even attempting. I didn't see anything in particular in the Wiki relating to such an ancient upgrade, which makes sense since it's probably not all that common. Any tips? No rush, obviously.

I have 1.8.1.3 but I still can't see any trade routes using Agronomic treatments or Tritium. Also I can't see them in the commodity lists even when I'm in a station that has them for sale.

I've recently returned to the game and am back to using my favorite tool. One small thing I noticed is that since the Beyond we now have the "mapped" status for planets, but there's no such state of knowledge on TCE. Due to this, I'd need to roll back all my previous "explored" systems back to another exploration status just to know if I have some mapping to do.
There is no function to reset the exploration status of all systems at once actually.

Coming back after a break of a couple years and change. I've still got my old TCE install reserved but since it's rather ancient, I figured I'd check if there's anything I should do to upgrade it before even attempting. I didn't see anything in particular in the Wiki relating to such an ancient upgrade, which makes sense since it's probably not all that common. Any tips? No rush, obviously.
It should work without issues. Report if you encounter a problem.

I have 1.8.1.3 but I still can't see any trade routes using Agronomic treatments or Tritium. Also I can't see them in the commodity lists even when I'm in a station that has them for sale.
Can't confirm your issue, found plenty of routes, so it will depend on your filter settings.

It should work without issues. Report if you encounter a problem.

Welp, no luck there. Got a cascade of errors. Each of these once:

Error while reading records on table Materials:SQL logic error no such table: public_Materials
Error while reading records on table Duplicates:SQL logic error no such table: public_Duplicates
Error while reading records on table LOC_Rares:SQL logic error no such table: public_LOC_Rares
Error while reading records on table OutfitTypes:Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Error while reading records on table Markets_UR:Index was outside the bounds of the array.

This one twice:
Error while reading records on table Powers:SQL logic error no such table: public_Powers

Then this one in a final popup:
ERROR DETECTED
TCE can't access some database, because it has not the permission to create it!

Please give TCE admin rights at the desktop shortcut or do not install it to a drive with tightened security settings (e.g. your OS drive).
TCE will exit now!

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried granting admin rights without success.

Last edited:
Welp, no luck there. Got a cascade of errors. Each of these once:

Error while reading records on table Materials:SQL logic error no such table: public_Materials
Error while reading records on table Duplicates:SQL logic error no such table: public_Duplicates
Error while reading records on table LOC_Rares:SQL logic error no such table: public_LOC_Rares
Error while reading records on table OutfitTypes:Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Error while reading records on table Markets_UR:Index was outside the bounds of the array.

This one twice:
Error while reading records on table Powers:SQL logic error no such table: public_Powers

Then this one in a final popup:
ERROR DETECTED
TCE can't access some database, because it has not the permission to create it!

Please give TCE admin rights at the desktop shortcut or do not install it to a drive with tightened security settings (e.g. your OS drive).
TCE will exit now!

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried granting admin rights without success.

Please do not install the new version over the old. Install it instead into a new folder, then start TCE, select the Database tab and there click onto Transfer, select the folder of your old installation afterwards and TCE will do the rest.

There is no function to reset the exploration status of all systems at once actually.

Hmm, I'll leave a suggestion to add a new "mapped" state of knowledge, though with the upcoming Odyssey expansion it could again cause a similar issue.

I also believe it would be helpful to record the demand of stations, as it seems the price that the station offers changes according to how much cargo you have in your hold compared to the station demand. Not sure about specifics on how its calculated, but it can easily get substantial enough to make it more optimal to fill the hold with different commodities.

Lastly, I tried clicking on the donate button but the paypal link doesn't seem to be working. A patreon for setting up an automatic donation every month would also be nice.

Please do not install the new version over the old. Install it instead into a new folder, then start TCE, select the Database tab and there click onto Transfer, select the folder of your old installation afterwards and TCE will do the rest.
Crap, that's what I did so the old one was overwritten already. I'll have to tinker and get it restored to before last night because I didn't even think to make a backup. (I should know better than to try anything like this right before bed.) Thanks for the help! :)

Edit: And I got it working. Good thing I have backups. They're just more of a pain than manually making one last night would have been had I thought about it. Thanks again, Eventure!

Last edited:
Top Bottom