VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

Seen a thread in dangerous discussions:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=UWqpVO8BPa4&ab_channel=BenMoss-Woodward

I feel dirty!

I purchased a new monitor last week and spent last night setting up pancake mode and my Tobii eye tracker.

I even played for 30 minutes

It is definitely not the same on a flat screen as being there, I even managed to crash in to the toast rack in my Annie for the first time in years lol.

Please FDev give us VR to reset the world balance

I feel dirty!

I purchased a new monitor last week and spent last night setting up pancake mode and my Tobii eye tracker.

I even played for 30 minutes

It is definitely not the same on a flat screen as being there, I even managed to crash in to the toast rack in my Annie for the first time in years lol.

Please FDev give us VR to reset the world balance
I've been thinking about buying another monitor as my normal desktop one is not going to pass muster when pancake mode is all that is available. Would really prefer to play in VR but if it's not happening any time soon (or even at all :() I will need a backup.

One advantage of pancake mode is my screengrabbing skills in VR are terrible so my screenshots library will start growing again.

I've been thinking about buying another monitor as my normal desktop one is not going to pass muster when pancake mode is all that is available. Would really prefer to play in VR but if it's not happening any time soon (or even at all :() I will need a backup.

One advantage of pancake mode is my screengrabbing skills in VR are terrible so my screenshots library will start growing again.

I’m still hoping it won’t be needed for anything other than being on foot.

I’m still hoping it won’t be needed for anything other than being on foot.

They've told us best not to expect access to EDO content in ship etc. That's where we're at for now.

Alec Turner: Zac Antonaci just PMed me on my VR question: "Can we fly ships under blue skies in VR? IE: Where's the cut off?"

Zac Antonaci: Hey Alec. Quick follow up to your question. For now it's too far out to confirm 100% where the split will be. We'll have more details closer to release. For now best to assume all Odyssey content is not VR compatible. But we can share more when we get close to the launch.

They might be able to move the needle a bit, but probably best not to expect anything major at this point. (The context there was in terms of how much EDO content might bleed into Horizons. Given it's a the big launch they've been working on for 2+ years etc, I can't see them giving much of it away for free, even if it was technically possible etc).

But I think babel's point is that designing a game to work as both a flatscreen title & VR title involves more work / considerations.
Perhaps. For me it is quite simple tho. Those decisions should have been in mind when FD chose to sell ED as a VR title . We know it is doable so customers bought in good faith. For me it does not have to be day 1 just a commitment that VR at the very least in vehicle because that was a fair assumption when the game was bought as a VR game. Will be a top priority after launch.
ED is already controller agnostic. I already play with a combination of hotas and xbox pad combined with a small amount of KB/M

But I know many disagree which is fair enough I guess. 1 thing I will say about the above video however.
That Jurassic park music sums up perfectly how I feel playing ED VR and then ED on a monitor.

Top Bottom