ED Astrometrics: Maps and Visualizations

It looks like no one has
Well, now I seem to know the answer: despite the anomaly now scans for the Codex, it hasn't appeared in the Cannon alerts after I've scanned it. And, I guess, the same works for the EDSM database :)
p7QWee7.jpg

btizSBe.jpg

Last edited:
"Man down!"

Website seems offline at the moment....
FYI I've referred to the site a few times today and did not notice an outage.

Incidentally, did you change the base image for the "Galaxy" view recently? I thought it used to be the same one that EDSM uses, but now it's clearly different, and seems to be a bit blurrier at high zooms. Also lacks the prominent dark patches denoting the nebula lanes that the EDSM image uses (which to be fair are not nearly so prominent on the in-game map).

When I'm bored I check if other pilots were bored too and used the galaxy as their canvas. A while a go I was very happy about the Star Trek "sign" painted on the galaxy. The ED "emblem" was also cool … well, this time I wondered about who is responsible for the … øhm … "art" at position 8888, 42800?
Well, I giggled :)

When I'm bored I check if other pilots were bored too and used the galaxy as their canvas. A while a go I was very happy about the Star Trek "sign" painted on the galaxy. The ED "emblem" was also cool … well, this time I wondered about who is responsible for the … øhm … "art" at position 8888, 42800?
Well, I giggled :)
Did you find Schwanzus 700 ly Longus?

:LOL:

There is a reddit post but it's NSFW (y)

Wait a moment … bigmac and rudi, you are germans, aren't you? … well I grew up in East Germany, so that counts too and I wonder what that says about germans that we are the only ones seeing/commenting this :unsure:

Anyway, there is a reddit post? Is it by the pilot who did that? Ah well, I guess I can find it myself.

Wait a moment … bigmac and rudi, you are germans, aren't you? … well I grew up in East Germany, so that counts too and I wonder what that says about germans that we are the only ones seeing/commenting this :unsure:

Anyway, there is a reddit post? Is it by the pilot who did that? Ah well, I guess I can find it myself.
Yes german.
And yes it is on reddit, but it was some days ago, is buried under NSFW and yes I know the CMDR who did it (no, not me) 🥳

yeah, Kartoffel hier ;)

there also was a thread some time ago, which collected the different arts, if I remember correctly,
and without the need of age rating :)

but to get this back on topic...
whats going on with @Orvidius, seems you are little rare last time on the forum?
hope everything is going well! :)

Hey Orvidius - what's the plan with the news of EDSM.net having to prune old player & system data? Anything older than 2 years is getting the boot.

Wow, I've been out of the loop on that, so this is the first I'm hearing about it. That's just... ugh.

Well, the good news is that I won't lose anything on my side. I'll just have to be extra careful not to destroy anything I can't get back. ;)

I just found this out when my alt got booted.

It's not been 2 years since I played him, but perhaps I didn't have EDMC running.

It's a shame his info is now lost, but hey, it was (and is) a free service.

I'm just grateful EDSM even exists.

Deleted member 38366

D
@Orvidius

Hm, looks like a few cronjobs on the Server need a little push?
The Interactive Map (and a few others) don't seem to update anymore since ~04 Oct.

@Orvidius

Hm, looks like a few cronjobs on the Server need a little push?
The Interactive Map (and a few others) don't seem to update anymore since ~04 Oct.

I'll have to investigate. It looks like it's still updating the zoomed-in images, but zooming out to a point, it's not up to date anymore. So my guess is that the image-tiling script is having problems. Thanks for letting me know! These things usually hum along for years without intervention. Until it doesn't. :D

Top Bottom