Question to FDev.

What percentage of players, both PC and Console ( if console has VR, not sure ) play Elite in VR. Just Curious. Ive played ED exclusively in VR sine the kickstarter.

I'm a pc person, but I know there is a PS vr - dunno how many use it though.

My best friend in game is a PC vr, and uses steam I believe - he's said around 2% of elite steam people are vr, but that is of course a steam number thing, so I don't know how accurate it is?!

Hope this helps a bit mate? I'm just passing on what I've read and heard from others :)

Quite honestly, I doubt they know.

While FD are very good with metrics, it's all stuff they have on their servers. Playing ED in VR is simply a graphics setting on the local client (selecting an HMD option), and I don't see how or why they would know about that.

What percentage of players, both PC and Console ( if console has VR, not sure ) play Elite in VR. Just Curious. Ive played ED exclusively in VR sine the kickstarter.
I've only tried ED with VR a couple of times.... I need to refer to way too many external sites to make playing in VR an everyday thing... Just saying!

Not a significant percentage but with enough influence for Frontier to modify Odyssey by introducing a VR part.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I've asked this question before, one response I got from forum user was that they were unlikely to answer as it could be sensitive information.

If the information was of value to them wouldn't they have made odysee properly vr? I don't think people count as valuable things you could do but have decided not to. Think of how valuable you and i are! I hold the title of the best pvp player in the game i just haven't done it yet.

That number has the potential to be quite rubbery, depending on how they collect the data. I can see a situation where I might be listed as a VR player, I have the hardware, but I have only played Elite in VR for a couple of hours, as impressive as it looks, it's not for me. VR FPS is more my thing. So I wonder how that would mess with the numbers, because I'm likely not the only person with VR gear that doesn't play ED in VR.

Quite honestly, I doubt they know.

While FD are very good with metrics, it's all stuff they have on their servers. Playing ED in VR is simply a graphics setting on the local client (selecting an HMD option), and I don't see how or why they would know about that.

I can think of a bunch of ways to capture that info. It could be something as simple as a flag on your login, or it could be something more rigorous like querying if a VR API is running.. Either way, there are a number of options.

Look at it this way, Open, PG and Solo are simply options on the client, but the game knows exactly how to deal with the selected option, why would VR be any different?

Top Bottom