Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Trying not to watch too much stuff on the game, hard not to just skim stuff like this though. Had a look at the gangs bit though, seem to have all the usual tropes represented there

This game looks beautiful, but it's a bit too dark / edgy / dystopian for my tastes. I guess I'll be sticking to Overwatch, which has a lighthearted cyberpunk vibe.

iu

I have to say I was quite shocked by the system reqs.
GTX1060 level recommended? 12 gigs of RAM for an open world with continual asset loading (="without loading screens")? Only 70GB installation?

It would be nice to know what is it recommended for. If it's Medium settings in 1080p (as a somewhat an average but playable look), it would be believable, otherwise there is some serious black magic foolery going on.

I have to say I was quite shocked by the system reqs.
GTX1060 level recommended? 12 gigs of RAM for an open world with continual asset loading (="without loading screens")? Only 70GB installation?

It would be nice to know what is it recommended for. If it's Medium settings in 1080p (as a somewhat an average but playable look), it would be believable, otherwise there is some serious black magic foolery going on.
Remember that it has to run on current (or is it last-gen already?) XBoxes1 and Playstations4. It will simply be nerfed, but I hope they learned their lesson and the ultra high end graphics will be available as a preset on a PC. I think these requirements are for medium settings. Also no word on RTX and it was promised to feature RTX on day one (and also be available on GeForce Now on launch).

Remember that it has to run on current (or is it last-gen already?) XBoxes1 and Playstations4. It will simply be nerfed, but I hope they learned their lesson and the ultra high end graphics will be available as a preset on a PC. I think these requirements are for medium settings. Also no word on RTX and it was promised to feature RTX on day one (and also be available on GeForce Now on launch).
Nvidia had an exclusive full RTX in 4K enabled demo video running on the RTX 3080 prior to the cards release, so full RTX is already a feature. I'll try and dig the video out.

Here you go...

And straight from the horses mouth.... 3 minutes of talk on Keanu Reeves and 15 seconds on RTX :D

Last edited:
True.

And as far as RTX goes - they didn't specifically SAY anything, but they did release an RTX trailer/demo a couple weeks ago plus one of the reasons of the second delay was the release of RTX30 cards. So I think it's quite reasonable to assume the RTX support will be there at launch.

edit: Ninja'd :)

Yes yes, I'm just saying these specs cannot possibly be for running that version, hence I am hoping for much higher presets for high end PCs. I just hope that my 3080 arrives before the launch which isn't so certain lol :D

Yes yes, I'm just saying these specs cannot possibly be for running that version, hence I am hoping for much higher presets for high end PCs. I just hope that my 3080 arrives before the launch which isn't so certain lol :D
I reckon CDPR got spanked enough about the alleged graphics degradation with the Witcher 3 on it's PC release to even go there with CP2077. Trust me...it'll look nice on your shiny new 3080 ;)

Fingers crossed! 🤞

Random fun fact, here in Poland we say "I'm holding my thumbs" instead of "crossing fingers" and the gesture is literally that - fingers curled around thumbs similar to making a fist with thumb inwards :)

Is it recognized by the public in Poland how big CDR became? I think with this title it has the chance to become a (the) new Rockstar Games.
I for one own a couple of shares. :)

Last edited:
I think 2077 will be one of those games that upscales well depending on hardware. Smooth with nothing fancy or up it to the max for bells and whistles.

Itll probably be the type of game I play on my aged setup and then in a year or two after a full system upgrade play again and go WOW!

Is it recognized by the public in Poland how big CDR became? I think with this title it has the chance to become a (the) new Rockstar Games.
I for one own a couple of shares. :)
IDK about non-gaming public, I don't know these people ;-))) but one of our prime ministers once gifted president Obama a copy of The Witcher 2 (it was before W3). Also there was a recent scandal with book Witcher's writer threatening to sue CDPR on some ancient Polish law gimmick which allegedly gave him a leverage to demand more payment from them, despite practically "robbing" them back in the day [taking a lump sum upfront refusing percentage from sales].

But I'd say Witcher 3 is known, and moreso with the hype from the Netflix series.

I think 2077 will be one of those games that upscales well depending on hardware. Smooth with nothing fancy or up it to the max for bells and whistles.

Itll probably be the type of game I play on my aged setup and then in a year or two after a full system upgrade play again and go WOW!
That's how I had it with The Witcher 3. I first played it on a potato laptop, then when I was jumping onto the VR bandwagon (mainly Elite though) I've upgraded by building a proper rig and was quite astonished when I was replaying the games I previously played on low settings. :)

Btw, did anybody figured, when Gerald found Ciri on that mysty island in game, she talked about Cyberpank world. I thought it was Earth, but not, Cyberpank for sure.

Btw, did anybody figured, when Gerald found Ciri on that mysty island in game, she talked about Cyberpank world. I thought it was Earth, but not, Cyberpank for sure.
I think the devs kind of disproved that (at least they said that Ciri was not in THEIR cyberpunk future and they stated she will definitely NOT have a cameo in CP2077), but yes, she was somewhere with flying cars and guns/missiles and I found it real curious.
Of course CDPR could also be trolling us, who knows. :D

I think the devs kind of disproved that (at least they said that Ciri was not in THEIR cyberpunk future and they stated she will definitely NOT have a cameo in CP2077), but yes, she was somewhere with flying cars and guns/missiles and I found it real curious.
Of course CDPR could also be trolling us, who knows. :D
We'll have to wait for the Witcher 4 to find out I guess ;)

Top Bottom