What other games are we all playing?

So true. If it was mainly a SP game or even more Borderlands style Co-op I would have loved it. Cutscenes and graphics in general are so impressive. As it is I'm debating whether or not to spend money on the later DLC. I'll proly wait for a sale
This is actually something I think about quite often (but more frequently after playing WoWs or Apex or similar things), some games have amazing concepts, gameplay elements, graphics, characters, story,... and if not for the bloody trends like multiplayer, grinding through content, etc. they would be truly awesome games. Games used to be a solitary, relaxing escapism into fantasy worlds. Other people ruin the experience (like in many other aspects of one's life :LOL: )
Now, I'm not saying multiplayer games are inherently bad and I do understand some people enjoy competitiveness or interaction with others, but when I see a game that would have been much better as a singleplayer and the only reason it's MP is because it will earn more money, it's just sad.

WTH? I just stumbled across another gold bar cache.

Haven't been following my YT streamers lately due to irl intervention. Was browsing my favorite YT veejay list when this popped up on my YT stream.
Wasteland 3. Developed and produced by none other than Brian Fargo aka the Founding Father of Fallout 1 in the flesh! o_O Who was one of the former leading devs of now defunct Interplay, the precursor to fabled Black Isle Studios and Fallout 2.

Like Garriot's Origin System, Interplay added to the extremely high bar of making RPG fantasy/DVD games. At it's peak, the company produced some of the most epic classic RPG titles in the 90's the likes of Fallout, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Earthworm Jim!, Star Trek/Starfleet Academy, and Planescape: Torment

Once again, ESO delivers another stellar play through. Wasteland 3 fills the void between Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4. Delivered in original old school isometric perspective. And finally scratches that itch Howard and his Fallout 4 horrendously failed to achieve. Despite all the hype and a significantly vaster AAA budget.

Thank heavens fasting this is NOT one of the classic titles being held hostage on Epic's store. I would've had to eat my arm. And possibly a leg while at it.:ROFLMAO:
For you old school RPG Fallout fans, here's Steaming near you....

Been playing W3 as well. Excellent game. (y)

I'm still on my very first playthrough, but I can already realize the immense replayability value in this, not just using different builds, but as everything is connected and almost all actions and conversations have meaninful impact on the course of events, I can already see I can replay this many times and always feel fresh..

WTH? I just stumbled across another gold bar cache.

Haven't been following my YT streamers lately due to irl intervention. Was browsing my favorite YT veejay list when this popped up on my YT stream.
Wasteland 3. Developed and produced by none other than Brian Fargo aka the Founding Father of Fallout 1 in the flesh! o_O Who was one of the former leading devs of now defunct Interplay, the precursor to fabled Black Isle Studios and Fallout 2.

Like Garriot's Origin System, Interplay added to the extremely high bar of making RPG fantasy/DVD games. At it's peak, the company produced some of the most epic classic RPG titles in the 90's the likes of Fallout, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Earthworm Jim!, Star Trek/Starfleet Academy, and Planescape: Torment

Once again, ESO delivers another stellar play through. Wasteland 3 fills the void between Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4. Delivered in original old school isometric perspective. And finally scratches that itch Howard and his Fallout 4 horrendously failed to achieve. Despite all the hype and a significantly vaster AAA budget.

Thank heavens fasting this is NOT one of the classic titles being held hostage on Epic's store. I would've had to eat my arm. And possibly a leg while at it.:ROFLMAO:
For you old school RPG Fallout fans, here's Steaming near you....

I take it you also missed Wasteland 2 then? It's pretty good. You can feel some of the budgetary cuts, but it's got atmosphere and some absolutely fantastic moments and NPCs.

Since I'm not even vaguely tempted to give EA money for Crysis Remastered, some of the OG Crysis, run as a mod within Crysis Warhead, using heavily customized detail settings and 3Dmigot to force the game to use 144Hz at 4k via DSR, as it otherwise defaults to the lowest available refresh rate.

Any landing you can walk away from, right (yes, that's debris from the VTOL they were piloting)?
pcL0qkA.jpg

General Kyong had a very sad expression on his face after being beaten to death by Nomad:
Sg1PLEo.jpg

Framerate can get pretty low at times, as the game is poorly threaded and thus heavily CPU limited on the system I'm playing it on, but it looks pretty good for being 13 years old:
pYbptMi.jpg

PU2l46P.jpg

Az6hUWp.jpg

General Kyong had a very sad expression on his face after being beaten to death by Nomad:
Sg1PLEo.jpg

I received a free copy of some combat game yonks ago with a graphics card - in the first scenario (I think it was the first) I had to slaughter an attacker using a machete - I decided I don't have the stomach for that sort of psychopathic behaviour so it was never run again. Far too realistic, stomach-turning actually.

I received a free copy of some combat game yonks ago with a graphics card - in the first scenario (I think it was the first) I had to slaughter an attacker using a machete - I decided I don't have the stomach for that sort of psychopathic behaviour so it was never run again. Far too realistic, stomach-turning actually.

was it Soldier of Fortune(or the sequal)? Notorious for gore and had a particularly gruesome dismembement system, with blood + bone, you could even shoot half someones skull off!

was it Soldier of Fortune(or the sequal)? Notorious for gore and had a particularly gruesome dismembement system, with blood + bone, you could even shoot half someones skull off!

I cannot remember - it started with you facing rebels in Africa somewhere if I remember correctly. I don't even have the installer that came for free, it revolted me so much that I deleted it all right away.

Been playing W3 as well. Excellent game. (y)

I'm still on my very first playthrough, but I can already realize the immense replayability value in this, not just using different builds, but as everything is connected and almost all actions and conversations have meaninful impact on the course of events, I can already see I can replay this many times and always feel fresh..
was watching Oxhorn's attempt at a playthrough. Instead of playing the game both Ox and his fan base ended up being completely engrossed in the character creation menus for most of that first stream. I mean, ppl were literally paying him money to stay in the creation menu as long as possible so they could enjoy the character creation experience. 😂 It's INSANE the level of detail that went into customizing combat skill sets and even the backstories of your protag team!

I remember SOF. The gore was great and shocking at the time. My favorite part of the game was after fire fights walking around and seeing the effect your bullets had. The first mission was dark and rainy and the guards had yellow raincoats, gruesome contrast. I remember blowing through a knocked over table with a shotgun and taking a guys leg off... lol. Makes Rdr2 look like a kids game. It got old after its shock value quickly wore off.

I remember Death Duel on sega genesis at the time was the big gore shocker, at least it was fantasy with dragons with guns schtick. I was young then and it was my first "gruesome" console game. I encountered doom and wolf a few years later and that set the tone for the games that followed.

Much older now and fps in general and gore got old. I liked how Rdr2 had just enough to keep the immersion factor without going to ultra levels.

Last edited:
I remember SOF. The gore was great and shocking at the time. My favorite part of the game was after fire fights walking around and seeing the effect your bullets had. The first mission was dark and rainy and the guards had yellow raincoats, gruesome contrast. I remember blowing through a knocked over table with a shotgun and taking a guys leg off... lol. Makes Rdr2 look like a kids game. It got old after its shock value quickly wore off.

I remember Death Duel on sega genesis at the time was the big gore shocker, at least it was fantasy with dragons with guns schtick. I was young then and it was my first "gruesome" console game. I encountered doom and wolf a few years later and that set the tone for the games that followed.

Much older now and fps in general and gore got old. I liked how Rdr2 had just enough to keep the immersion factor without going to ultra levels.
You obviously haven't visited the meteor house :D

dbt1SnQ.png

...But yeah....the last game I recall that went down the distasteful route with gore was Sniper Elite V4...with the slo-mo X-ray camera etc. I've been turning that off since Sniper Elite V2. The Witcher 3 did the gore/dismemberment thing as well of course...but it didn't seem as gratuitous for some reason :)

Last edited:
...But yeah....the last game I recall that went down the distasteful route with gore was Sniper Elite V4...with the slo-mo X-ray camera etc. I've been turning that off since Sniper Elite V2.
Ah I love the slo mo xray kills in the Sniper Elite games (only got up to 3), The teste kill shot is fun!

Ah I love the slo mo xray kills in the Sniper Elite games (only got up to 3), The teste kill shot is fun!
It was fun the first few times as a mechanic...I remember it being the main selling point in the first game in the series but after playing for a while it just served to take away all peripheral vision and most importantly, your sight picture meaning you had to reset and review all of the target area after it stopped. I kept wishing I had a spotter...

All right you medieval virtue signaling Knights, dastardly rogue knaves, lowly scurvy peasants, and pious pacifist Papal Princes of the medieval realms! The GOTY of the medieval genre got dropped YESTERDAY. To ZERO fan fare. WTH?? Presenting Medieval Dynasty:

This is the love child of KCD's ménage à trois with The Forest AND Mount & Blade 2.

THIS is the KCD I'd always wanted to play :love:

MD = basically KCD (with all the epic graphics) AND a RPG/crafting/build/governing survival sandbox. On official 'Roid Rage once you venture from the safety of civilization for the forest & roads...

It's currently on discount on Steam at $24 USD. Which is pretty decent for an Early Release game that's so advanced in polish visually and performance wise. Basically, you ain't a medieval gook unless you buy this priceless gem!

(ok. end of the shameless shilling for Steam. Off to work now)

edit: forgot to add this is 1st POV only with no voice acting (ie. the villagers whom you interact with daily for quests/socialize etc don't speak). And since it's Early Release, there are several (what seem minor) performance tweaks. Personal game play preferences like the pacing of the game in terms of time for seasonal changes i.e. seasons being too short (at 3 days or so) which don't give your character time to smell the roses at their leisure. But despite this, the reviews so far are extremely positive. Which is amazing since it just released yesterday. Even more awesome is the dev response to the Steam curators who've reviewed and played it so far. Their dev community managers are really on top of things. Which is a rare first for Indie devs in the gaming industry.

Last edited:
Night City Wire Ep 3: Meet the gangs.

The degree of NPC density, AI behavior realism and the infinite amount of interaction your PC will be able to experience when socializing with NPCs everywhere.

Grand. Theft. Auto & Saints Row on STEROIDS o_O

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_urbl-2gV4

R* you're officially FIRED. Make way for 2020 GOTY in action adventure RPG genre. Between this, the upcoming Mafia 1, AC Valhalla and recently released Medieval Dynasty, I'm completely mind blown.:love: There is so much content to unpack and enjoy in all these RPGs that I could actually end up missing Odyssey's launch next year :ROFLMAO:

Oh yes, NMS is releasing another DLC update called Origins soon. :cool: Good lord. I'm a kid in the candy store. Christmas just came early :geek:

Jesus that Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing......

Currently Im near the end of an Alan Wake replay (thanks to Control). All the references I was getting in control led me to replay before I start the Alan Wake DLC of Control. Really cool how in one interview I found Jesse mentions a poem by Thomas Zane yet the interviewer couldn't find any info about him...I REALLY liked that. The reference to "Night Springs" TV show as well. :)

Ive been playing Destiny 2 for a while already. I really recommend it. It's heck fun and dynamic. The raids are inventive, the missions are exciting, and the gunplay is huuuge. Btw there are such cool destiny 2 boosting guys out there, they help with raids and getting good guns. I really recommend to give it a go. Here's a link - https://lfcarry.com/d2

Ive been playing Destiny 2 for a while already. I really recommend it. It's heck fun and dynamic. The raids are inventive, the missions are exciting, and the gunplay is huuuge. Btw there are such cool destiny 2 boosting guys out there, they help with raids and getting good guns. I really recommend to give it a go. Here's a link - https://lfcarry.com/d2
It's always nice to see a good community effort, whichever game it is.
I've never used any help like that, nor was I ever a member of a guild of any kind, I only ever coop with randoms. Destiny 2 and TESO are the two games I can proudly say I have NEVER met a bad player. I mean by manners, I've met some bad players by skill, but that's alright - it only means I don't have to pretend and focus too much and it usually ends up being even more fun than usual. :)

It's always nice to see a good community effort, whichever game it is.
I've never used any help like that, nor was I ever a member of a guild of any kind, I only ever coop with randoms. Destiny 2 and TESO are the two games I can proudly say I have NEVER met a bad player. I mean by manners, I've met some bad players by skill, but that's alright - it only means I don't have to pretend and focus too much and it usually ends up being even more fun than usual. :)

heh am I one of the few who mainly play Destiny 2 single player? I do join in on some of the public events now and then to help out as best I can, but mainly I lone wolf it.

Top Bottom