What other games are we all playing?

heh am I one of the few who mainly play Destiny 2 single player? I do join in on some of the public events now and then to help out as best I can, but mainly I lone wolf it.
Oh yeah. I've ran through the game completely single twice (I've even said it somewhere here recently - I thin Destiny 2 would have been a great singleplayer game). But now that I'm basically done with the game, I sometimes join a fireteam or I'm doing the random world events etc. and all the people I've met were great and cooperative.
Haven't tried the PvP arena, though. Things might be different there. :LOL:

Oh yeah. I've ran through the game completely single twice (I've even said it somewhere here recently - I thin Destiny 2 would have been a great singleplayer game). But now that I'm basically done with the game, I sometimes join a fireteam or I'm doing the random world events etc. and all the people I've met were great and cooperative.
Haven't tried the PvP arena, though. Things might be different there. :LOL:
heh, I'm certain you said it to me when I mentioned Destiny 2 earlier this week! :)

Only 5 more days until Mafia definitive edition appears. I'm really looking forward to that. Star Wars Squadrons on the 5th of October too. Strange I haven't heard from Origin Access about it amidst all the current hype and tripe with FIFA 21...maybe I won't get a freebie Squadrons after all :)

I'm in absolute torture now. Which game to play first? Mafia 1? Medieval Dynasties? WTH am I gonna do when CP2077and Vahalla finally drop? o_O

My advice? Forget them all and take to the skies. ;)
20200919192017_1-hd.jpg

Well, finally admit to yourself that you're an addict, make peace with that realization and start playing games full time. LIke the rest of us. :LOL:
Dastardly I.n.f.i.d.e.l.

You KNOW I can't go full time. It's not like I have the privilege veejays the likes of ESO with his 1.68M rabid stalker subscribers have. Or even ED's finest aka OA with his respectable 230K+ base. Because I as a peasant, actually need to WORK :mad: for a living. You rutting knave of a stag you :devilish:

Thanks. All your words of encouragement have succeeded in driving up my blood pressure to its maximum angst limits. If I collapse and die from the sensory overflow by Christmas, then it's going to be YOUR fault. Especially since I couldn't get to play Odyssey o_O

In related news...Microsoft just aquired Bethesda and all it's IP's . Gamepass ultimate is looking up :)
JEEZUS H. CHRISTO.

what??? It's not a satire/joke article. WTFF? Did Todd Howard die? Could we be that lucky? WTH does this mean for Starfield, the open world RPG space based game Howard was supposed to be developing to redeem his reputation in the gaming community? And WTH does this mean for TES VI, Fallout 5, Wolfstein etc etc.? This is almost like saying the Exceptional DonkeysRearEndHats acquired Rockstar to exploit its GTA flagship :sick:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. My love-hate relationship with Bethesda has been an abusive one (on Bethesda's end for 100% domestic abuse) ever since ESO, Fallout 4 and F76 came out. Especially in light of how Bethesda took a dump on it's PC fan base and modding community aka the source of all the free mods Bethesda benefitted from since FO3/Morrowind o_O

Oh man. Journalists the likes of Jason Schreier/Kotaku and Yongyea is going to have a field day with this one....

Last edited:
JEEZUS H. CHRISTO.

what??? It's not a satire/joke article. WTFF? Did Todd Howard die? Could we be that lucky? WTH does this mean for Starfield, the open world RPG space based game Howard was supposed to be developing to redeem his reputation in the gaming community? And WTH does this mean for TES VI, Fallout 5, Wolfstein etc etc.? This is almost like saying the Exceptional ats acquired Rockstar to exploit its GTA flagship :sick:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. My love-hate relationship with Bethesda has been an abusive one (on Bethesda's end for 100% domestic abuse) ever since ESO, Fallout 4 and F76 came out. Especially in light of how Bethesda took a dump on it's PC fan base and modding community aka the source of all the free mods Bethesda benefitted from since FO3/Morrowind o_O
I find it hard to stay angry at Bethesda since they brought modding to Fallout 4 on the Xbox...back before I came back to PC.

In a more interesting tidbit down the bottom of the article I linked...Microsoft say plainly that they aren't finished aquiring new game studios...they're actively looking to gain some prominent Asian studios, traditionally the sole realm of Sony of course :)

With the kind of financial clout to offer Bethesda $7.5 billion without batting an eyelid...dare we hope for Ghost of Tsushima in the Microsoft Gamestore store any time soon? :D

Last edited:
It's never good for consumers when a monopoly behemoth buys other behemoths.
I'm p.o.'d
I don't like MS. I hate their OS, & their scummy business tactics.
The only thing I like about them is Excel.

It's never good for consumers when a monopoly behemoth buys other behemoths.
I'm p.o.'d
I don't like MS. I hate their OS, & their scummy business tactics.
The only thing I like about them is Excel.
I'd be fine with that sentiment had I never played and enjoyed a single Bethesda game or never installed a version of MSDOS or Windows on any PC that I've ever owned...I don't like EA's business practises or monetisation of games either...but I seriously like Origin access premiere from the very same company. It's quite simply value for money. Makes the whole hating major corporations thing a bit hypocritical in my case...

I find it hard to stay angry at Bethesda since they brought modding to Fallout 4 on the Xbox...back before I came back to PC.

In a more interesting tidbit down the bottom of the article I linked...Microsoft say plainly that they aren't finished aquiring new game studios...they're actively looking to gain some prominent Asian studios, traditionally the sole realm of Sony of course :)

With the kind of financial clout to offer Bethesda $7.5 billion without batting an eyelid...dare we hope for Ghost of Tsushima in the Microsoft Gamestore store any time soon? :D
if this is the start of the snowball turned avalanche that will take out Epic Games and its slimy CEO, then I'm all IN.

Still recovering from this 9.8 quake at ground zero. Were there talks of this in the game news? I can't recall any to date. This has immense positive (as you pointed out) as well as negative implications for flagship franchises in the future.

1. The potential good in M$ quest for global market domination over Sony: M$ wears a white hat and doesn't bully Bethesda into how they should design future flagship games aka The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. They back off and stay in their swim lane as publisher. And give the software dev studios they acquire to develop the game.

That this conversation genuinely happens:

Obsidian: "We'd like to work on another Fallout game since The Outer Worlds and New Vegas were a TKO---"
Microsoft: "Say no more."

2. The paranoid and bad: For starters, will M$ be like the Exceptional DonkeysRearEndHats and go 100% Borg? TES VI and Starfield are all at stake. Despite current fan base burnout and disillusionment with Fallout (thanks to the Titantic that is F76), FO5 is also at stake. Is Bethesda doing this assimilation to lean towards designing console centric games (with PC platform games becoming a pure afterthought, crappy PC port) in the future? Given the console limitations where CPU power, RAM and HD space is concerned, is Skyrim the end of Bethesda's amazing open world sand box games? Especially being mod friendly since M$ is likely to have restrctions on what content (adult/sex rated, copyright/brand related etc) can be allowed on xbx? And particularly since despite being next gen, the new XBX will lag contemporary medium end PCs at release? So basically, will M$ influence Bethesda to "dumb down" game play in TES and Fallout?

Worst nightmare: is this the beginning of another cancerous publisher whose only reason for existence is to destroy and cannibalize all the indie and AAA game studios it assimilates? Since Bethesda decided to join the EA/Activision AAA franchise destruction of their devs a decade late, will M$ whip Bethesda down that dark road to microtransaction hell? Or since it seems Bethesda was nearing that precipice, given how they screwed over the fan base with F76, FO4 & Blades pushing toxic microtransactions. So is M$ going to pull an EA and chuck Bethesda off the cliff? Or just twist their arm into pushing out increasingly worthless, devoid of content, and barely functional MVPs riddled with cancerous micro transactions?

Basically, is this the begining of the end of Bethesda the way EA destroyed Bioware, Mythic, Maxis, Bullfrog, Westwood Studios, Origin etc. etc? :cry:

This rant bring to mind that-other-software-dev-who-will-not-be-mentioned-here. Technically, M$ could make a significantly lower offer (order of magnitude at $1Billion). Odds are, the CEO of said company would likely jump at this offer. Then M$ could repeat history by pulling Freelancer Part Deux. Basically allowing said CEO to gracefully and quietly retire, take over his existing pre-alpha tech demo, and potentially repeat the success it had with saving Freelancer three decades ago.

Last edited:
Just got confirmation that I'll get Star Wars: Squadrons for free with EA Play Pro...with some extra cosmetic stuff as well...some ship paints, a few outfits and helmet styles etc. Nice one EA. Now there's a phrase you don't see every day :)

Star Wars: Squadrons is free to play for Origin Access Premier (EA Play Pro) subscribers. Additional cosmetic items are as follows:

840360C5-8BF4-48F8-B126-B702B67CA9DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got confirmation that I'll get Star Wars: Squadrons for free with EA Play Pro...with some extra cosmetic stuff as well...some ship paints, a few outfits and helmet styles etc. Nice one EA. Now there's a phrase you don't see every day :)

Star Wars: Squadrons is free to play for Origin Access Premier (EA Play Pro) subscribers. Additional cosmetic items are as follows:

Alright Mole jesus have you no shame, waving your freebies in our face and all - you clearly need a slap off the missus........"MRS MOLE".......

Alright Mole jesus have you no shame, waving your freebies in our face and all - you clearly need a slap off the missus........"MRS MOLE".......
She informed me yesterday that she's having my Xbox one X for the living room...since I don't use it that much..and she wants to get back to playing Skyrim. I cheekily suggested that I'd have to go buy one the of the new big boy pants series X if she did that. She asked if it was expensive...I hit back with "It's an extra £18 per month over what I'm paying for gamepass ultimate if I pay monthly...but it comes with 2 years of gamepass ultimate as part of the package"...

Surprisingly, she told me to get one when it appears.... very suspiscious...she must be after a new Land Rover to tow her horses about or something :oops:

Last edited:
Top Bottom