Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

I have been experiencing similar issues with EDDI (via VoiceAttack) in the past couple of months. After completing a hyperspace jump often no command is recognized for over a minute, then suddenly the requested commands will be executed in rapid succession.

Sometimes EDDI will report the following types of errors:

"Error with npc cargo scan commence script.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

or more often

"Error with signals detected script. Collection was modified.
Enumeration operation may not execute."

It's almost as if EDDI is trying to execute scripts after hyper jumps (or drops to normal space) and spinning its wheels when it finally comes back to life.
Thanks for the feedback.
1. Delays and bursts in processing events when using VoiceAttack - I've seen this happen before, albeit rarely. Not sure how to replicate the issue yet and still unsure what might cause it. In any case, feel free to open a ticket on Github so that it stays on the radar for us (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/new/choose).
2. Exceptions with random scripts: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation - As discussed, we've identified a fix for this and already implemented it into the "develop" branch. Until the next release, the best mitigation is to restart EDDI.
3. Already ticketed as issue #1935 (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/1935). Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for the feedback.
1. Delays and bursts in processing events when using VoiceAttack - I've seen this happen before, albeit rarely. Not sure how to replicate the issue yet and still unsure what might cause it. In any case, feel free to open a ticket on Github so that it stays on the radar for us (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/new/choose).
2. Exceptions with random scripts: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation - As discussed, we've identified a fix for this and already implemented it into the "develop" branch. Until the next release, the best mitigation is to restart EDDI.
3. Already ticketed as issue #1935 (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/1935). Thanks for the reminder.
Thank you for the response.

I have EDDI 3.7 Installed. It was working in Game untill I installed Voice Attack. EDDI had to be reinstalled in the VA Install Menu, but it no longer works in Game and I can't find the EDDI plugin in the Plugin Manager

I have EDDI 3.7 Installed. It was working in Game untill I installed Voice Attack. EDDI had to be reinstalled in the VA Install Menu, but it no longer works in Game and I can't find the EDDI plugin in the Plugin Manager
VoiceAttack requires plugins to be stored in the VoiceAttack/Apps folder before it'll show up in VoiceAttack's plugin manager. Please double check your install location.
Note that you can uninstall EDDI and reinstall it in a different location without disturbing your configuration. :)

VoiceAttack requires plugins to be stored in the VoiceAttack/Apps folder before it'll show up in VoiceAttack's plugin manager. Please double check your install location.
Note that you can uninstall EDDI and reinstall it in a different location without disturbing your configuration. :)
Ahh. Thank you, I hadn't realized it wasn't installing to the correct folder. All good now, working fine. Thanks so much
WOZZ

So, I have run into problems again. I had to reinstall VA and HCS as VA was crashing evey couple of minutes. I have reinstalled everything, HCS works fine, I am pretty sure I can hear EDDI in game someties, but the Plug In is not in my Plugins Manager
My install Dir is E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI

So, I have run into problems again. I had to reinstall VA and HCS as VA was crashing evey couple of minutes. I have reinstalled everything, HCS works fine, I am pretty sure I can hear EDDI in game someties, but the Plug In is not in my Plugins Manager
My install Dir is E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI

There should be 90+ files in that folder at that path... are they there? Should contain tons of .dll's and the EDDI.exe
I assume you've tried restarting VoiceAttack after adding that plugin to the Apps folder, just wanted to check - if all is well, it certainly should show this plugin under VoiceAttack's Plugin Manager

I don't use Steam so I have to wonder if perhaps you have VA also installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack and it's loading from there?

EDDI would then need to be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI if that's the case.

There should be 90+ files in that folder at that path... are they there? Should contain tons of .dll's and the EDDI.exe
I assume you've tried restarting VoiceAttack after adding that plugin to the Apps folder, just wanted to check - if all is well, it certainly should show this plugin under VoiceAttack's Plugin Manager
Yes there are a ton of files in that folder and Eddi runs perfectly by itself, just not in VA. I thought I could hear it in the Game, but I changed the Voice and no it doesn't work in VA

Thank you
WOZZ

Last edited:
I don't use Steam so I have to wonder if perhaps you have VA also installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack and it's loading from there?

EDDI would then need to be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\EDDI if that's the case.
There are no other instances of VA installed on my PC. I just checked. Thanks

WOZZ

Are you sure it isn't working? What do you see in VoiceAttack's log window when VoiceAttack starts? Does it indicate that EDDI is being initialized?

Are you sure it isn't working? What do you see in VoiceAttack's log window when VoiceAttack starts? Does it indicate that EDDI is being initialized?
No, Doesn't mention EDDI. I must point out out EDDI WAS working, but VA kept stopping after about 20 Mins, I reinstalled VA, then HCS then EDDI, perhaps I could try another fresh install, but install EDDI first, get it working, then install HCS?

Attachments

• VA.JPG
    VA.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 188
Can you open the VA settings and verify the Sounds Folder and the Apps Folder on the General tab?

Mine are

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps

I believe that as long as EDDI is in the directory listed for the Apps folder it should work.

I'm not sure if VA needs to be in the Steam folder to work but as long as everything is in the proper folders listed in the VA settings - I think it should be OK.

Also - on the General tab, make sure that the box "Enable Plugin Support" is checked toward top right. Then open plugin manager box to see what's listed.

EDDI and HCS Plugins should appear and be checked.

EDIT: Finally, open EDDI in standalone and verify that the VoiceAttack Responder tab has the "Plugin enabled" box checked.

Last edited:
Can you open the VA settings and verify the Sounds Folder and the Apps Folder on the General tab?

Mine are

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Sounds

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps

I believe that as long as EDDI is in the directory listed for the Apps folder it should work.

I'm not sure if VA needs to be in the Steam folder to work but as long as everything is in the proper folders listed in the VA settings - I think it should be OK.

Also - on the General tab, make sure that the box "Enable Plugin Support" is checked toward top right. Then open plugin manager box to see what's listed.

EDDI and HCS Plugins should appear and be checked.

EDIT: Finally, open EDDI in standalone and verify that the VoiceAttack Responder tab has the "Plugin enabled" box checked.
All the above was as you suggested it should be.

In desperation I uninstalled VA and HCS and EDDI. Reinstalled into same Steam Folder but got the same result, HCS, but no EDDI.

Uninstalled everthing again, created a NEW Steam folder just for VA. I finally got it working that way, by installing VA in a different folder as a new install. Installing EDDI, then HCS Voicepacks, All works now as intended, EDDI Plugin and HCS Plugin now show and are enabled.

There seems to be some sort of ini or config file associated with the original install, somewhere in the Steam folder, presumably, as I deleted the VA folder, twice, that I couldn't find, and that stopped VA from finding EDDI, Anyway, all fixed, all good now.

Thanks for all your help. Your advice added much clarity to my approach to resolving this. Indeed, I couldn't have done it without that advice. So, thank you very much.
WOZZ

All the above was as you suggested it should be.

In desperation I uninstalled VA and HCS and EDDI. Reinstalled into same Steam Folder but got the same result, HCS, but no EDDI.

Uninstalled everthing again, created a NEW Steam folder just for VA. I finally got it working that way, by installing VA in a different folder as a new install. Installing EDDI, then HCS Voicepacks, All works now as intended, EDDI Plugin and HCS Plugin now show and are enabled.

There seems to be some sort of ini or config file associated with the original install, somewhere in the Steam folder, presumably, as I deleted the VA folder, twice, that I couldn't find, and that stopped VA from finding EDDI, Anyway, all fixed, all good now.

Thanks for all your help. Your advice added much clarity to my approach to resolving this. Indeed, I couldn't have done it without that advice. So, thank you very much.
WOZZ

Glad you got it fixed.

It's the bomb when it all works together.

So heres the thing. EDDI has decided not to play nice with VA, AGAIN. Worked perfectly for a few days, now shuts VA down after I do a landing? Va and HCS run perfectly when EDDI plugin is disabled.I do like EDDI. but he /she seems very high maintenace. Any thoughts on what is happening. The last time EDDI did this I reinstalled VA to a NEW Steam Folder, But now I am having the same problems I originally had, EDDI crashing VA.

... Va and HCS run perfectly when EDDI plugin is disabled. ...
An important troubleshooting step would be to run VA and EDDI with the HCS plugin disabled, as well. If it runs perfectly, then an issue could be narrowed down to the two plugins not interacting well when run at the same time... and if not, then the issue may be able to be further refined by examining any commands you are using with EDDI related to landing events or triggers, or whatever you have going on there. If it is always when HCS and EDDI are both enabled, and not otherwise, and if you have no EDDI commands that fire on landing events or triggers, it might be good to also look at what HCS is doing when a player lands.

Also wanted to ask if you have any VoiceAttack crash logs following these crashes - look for a file called "VoiceAttackFault.txt" under your VoiceAttack programs folder, wherever that is now, and if the file doesn't exist, then no faults were logged - but if there is, might wanna check if any of the times of entries correspond to a crash while using HCS and EDDI.

Hoping the EDDI devs may have some insight as well, but it does help to test everything and provide as much info as possible (where able).

I think I have narrowed it down to when I land on auto=pilot HCS runs through a FUEL, Repair, Ammo check and puts ship in Hanger, that is when EDDI has a fit, and VA exits. EDDI works perfectly on it's own, and so does HCS. A fresh install in a new folder fixed it again. For some reason once the crash occurs I can't run EDDI and HCS together unless I install to ANOTHER folder. Deleting the original folder and reinstalling back there doesn't fix anything. I also notice EDDI keeps preferences no matter where I install, even if I delete the main VA install folder AND the folder at App Data\Roaming, Another fact that seems to be specific to HCS Plugin, or the combination of EDDI and HCS, is that if I have the NAV Screen window is open during Auto-Dock HCS or VA will go through the checklist then start a constant audible beep that can only be stopped by exiting VA. Possibly this applies if the UI focus is off the default straight ahead position. This doesn't happen when only EDDI plugin is enabled. It might be possible that the Auto Dock feature has a bearing, I am a newby, having won at EVE, thanks to it being a total SNAFU because of Developer decisions and Botting, and I still can't land without getting sent to jail and buying a new ship, I just can't seem to get it. I have watched endless videos, read reams of articles, but something about that skill eludes me, I still practice, but I spent nearly two weeks and owed some ungodly amount of credits crashing Sidewinders, and I still haven't figured it out. (I can't shoot down the NPC's yet either). Learning curve and unlearning Eve. So, I thank you in advance for your tolerance and understanding.

VoiceAttackFault.txt

21 October 2020 19:42:53***
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.BeginInvoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext.Post(SendOrPostCallback d, Object state)
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncOperation.Post(SendOrPostCallback d, Object arg)
at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.OnWorkItemPending()
at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.AddItem(AsyncWorkItem item)
at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.FireAudioLevelUpdatedEvent(Int32 audioLevel)
at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.DispatchEvents(Object eventData)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.WorkerProc(Object ignored)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
***VoiceAttack v1.8.7 - Windows 10.0.19041.0
Unable to access plugin information [Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]

Unfortunately being a PC Klutz the above means nothing to me, Ha Ha.

I coped the complete folder into another new folder, change my VA shortcut to point there. Everything works now.
I was using an Inova Voice, After I determined HCS and EDDI were working together I changed my system to a Microsoft Voice and restricted TTS voice use in the VA menu to one.

I must point out these issues with EDDI DO NOT diminish my faith in the program nor will they stop me from using it. The EDDI interactions a great texture and color to the game-play. to my enjoyment, and at times are essential to how I play the Game
With thanks
WOZZ

Last edited:
Top Bottom