Hello Koben
You could open up your galaxy map, then use the Q / E keys (yaw left / yaw right) to orient gridlines so North is straight up then use the D key (right) to scroll east and select a system at whatever distance you are looking for. This is assuming you're on a computer, I would guess consoles will have different controls but if you use whatever corresponds to the bracketed parts above it should work.

Sorry if this isn't what you are after but I've not seen a game reference as you mentioned.

Do you think the galaxy is going to end after 30 pages? It probably will. I'm getting a bit millenialistic vibes here. Where is the World to come? Is Gan Romero an eschatological reference?
Been reading some Francesco Colonna, a great alternative for "Thrise honovrable and ever lyving vertves of Syr Phillip Sydney Knight".
img_ital114_115.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but it seems I'm searching for the galactic East not in regards to Earth's cardinal points. The game states the North is "Wregoe TV-L C24-0"...
So, which system I should target to go east?

I think the Wregoe TV-L C24-0 as true north comes from a User Submitted story in Galnet .. so maybe take that with a grain of salt.
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/18-MAR-3301
If i remember the actual stars used for Elite are not set in the future but were captured from existing data and filled in with model data. Im not sure how Virgil Kyle arrived at his North Star though.
I remember playing with this a while back - I think 28 Omega Piscium is still the closest to 0degrees RA. I used Polaris as north and came up with this:
V70e026.jpg

28 omega piscium wasnt at 0degrees declination so solved for that and got a point of [-51.17/-89.69/-6.6] .... but not sure how this helps much :)

Greeting Commanders,
I'm on the long way home from my last WR trip .. a lot of time to think about this and that while my explorer vessel jumps from system to system.
And again and again my mind snaps back to the old systems. Some time ago I played around with the system generator and some random seeds.
..nothing. (What else..)

But they still "haunt" me, and I came up with another idea.
We know that we have 35 system which are also within the original game. Good. We accepted that, beside the fact that those systems originally come from different "galaxies" within Elite. OK, so FDev choose them by whatever reason.. (leaves this bad feeling ..)
Now I had this thought: The classic generator is used to generate galaxies with 256 systems, their descriptions and so on.
What If the 35 names in ED are not random at all, but have been generated? When that's the fact, we might have 221 systems which could be checked.
Otherwise FDev just took those 35 out of 256, which would be another strange act. (Almost identically to "wildly choose" 35 systems out of 5 galaxies)
So IF we could determine the seed which generates those 35 systems names, we might have a chance to check whether the remaining names are within ED or not.
I'm not sure if the algorithm can produce those 35 names in a system though... :unsure:

Again that would be "obvious" and the number of 35 systems is the hint to look further, not the fact that they come from different galaxies or their galaxy numbers.
The problem is to understand this algorithm and to find the correct seed. The generator has to generate LAVE and RAIN together for example.
Not sure if that is possible.

Only 34 pages to go...

o7

The algorithm from E84 is known and described, I think in detail on Ian Bells page, as well as on the oolite pages. The seed makes 256 systems - the names are on the oolite pages for all the galaxies. The ones in the ED galaxy, 'the old galcop worlds' are all from galaxy one, except for just a couple. One is Aten, and another is Ra. Both are Egyptian references so likely a chance overlap. So I'm fairly certain that all the galcop worlds are from G1 and any others are co-incidences (Rain likely to be too)

Please contradict if you know better - it was a long time ago I looked into this.

I'm interested in why Qube has no planet...

I think the Wregoe TV-L C24-0 as true north comes from a User Submitted story in Galnet .. so maybe take that with a grain of salt.
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/18-MAR-3301
If i remember the actual stars used for Elite are not set in the future but were captured from existing data and filled in with model data. Im not sure how Virgil Kyle arrived at his North Star though.
I remember playing with this a while back - I think 28 Omega Piscium is still the closest to 0degrees RA. I used Polaris as north and came up with this:
V70e026.jpg

28 omega piscium wasnt at 0degrees declination so solved for that and got a point of [-51.17/-89.69/-6.6] .... but not sure how this helps much :)
It helps a LOT! Many thanks! But why does it seems like 28 Omega Piscium is towards "left/west"?
I'll post it here later on the reason behind the question and maybe it will make sense...

Last edited:
It helps a LOT! Many thanks! But why does it seems like 28 Omega Piscium is towards "left/west"?
I'll post it here later on the reason behind the question and maybe it will make sense...

Ya I am not sure about East - Its more of a Prime Meridian for Right Ascension measurements. Its measured at the Vernal Equinox and I keep trying to figure out if something relates to Project Equinox... but ya glad it helped :)

Ya I am not sure about East - Its more of a Prime Meridian for Right Ascension measurements. Its measured at the Vernal Equinox and I keep trying to figure out if something relates to Project Equinox... but ya glad it helped :)

Mmm, interesting. A few of us thought there was still Project Equinox stuff to be found and conducted a search around 3 years ago (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/gcs-sarasvati-early-thargoid-lookout-megaship.380074/) for the implied sister ships to Sarasvati, and the missing data archive, without success; but strangely I don’t remember anyone exploring any hypothesis relating to the Equinoctial positions themselves.
Good thinking!
P.S. might be worth pursuing this hypothesis in that thread, or a successor, since it doesn’t seem to be tied to Raxxla or TDW; I’m game.......would be nice to search for something a little more concrete!!
(Although I have a new TDW hypothesis currently pursuing 😉)

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try and keep you guys updated on the results.

Did we just grief a newb?

Glad to see it all worked out OK. Get your rank back before going anywhere near Shin Des :)

(Although I have a new TDW hypothesis currently pursuing 😉)

Just in case anybody thought the end of this thread was the end of the quest, no way, we'll just keep coming up with more theories to have fun with and test. :)

Raxxla in Star Citizen? That's just silly. They haven't even got Earth out there, no Africa, no Qalb ar-Rīšāt, for the eye is the door that is also the key.
dome.jpg

(Also there are Phoenician Moon bases, interstellar travel began with inflating pig bladders with methane gas, and solar sails made out of fine copper sheets to exploit solar radiation pressure. This is why eating pigs is a taboo in many cultures even today, for they were reserved for an emerging space industry.

Provide ships or sails adapted to the heavenly breezes, and there will be some who will brave even that void.)

Hmm... That Thargoid encoded message from the bases. Left system is something in Pleiades. Right? Right one is something in Col 70 area. That curve near the left star. Is it asteroid belt? And star symbol itself is solid. There are three curves around central object on the Raxxla logo. Three belts? And hollow (not solid) star... Black hole with three belts?

Probably I shouldn't use Thargoid theme in my Raxxla searching.

Hmm... That Thargoid encoded message from the bases. Left system is something in Pleiades. Right? Right one is something in Col 70 area. That curve near the left star. Is it asteroid belt? And star symbol itself is solid. There are three curves around central object on the Raxxla logo. Three belts? And hollow (not solid) star... Black hole with three belts?

Probably I shouldn't use Thargoid theme in my Raxxla searching.
Tbh it's probably best left alone. It looks like it's already been dismantles and explained. I just hadn't known about it all. My bad for mentioning it in here. Apologies

Top Bottom