Raxxla? Or am I missing context?
Of course , it that shal not be named :D Aparently the sectors were numbered in the early days and then changed to their current labels. I have no idea if these numbers match those reported numbers , this is the only thing I could find. Only started my journey in 3305. maybe someone around that era can shed some light

There is an old myth that it was in the 9th galaxy map after doing some reverse system flying and other hocus pocus. I think it was in a russian gamer magazine. I would think that there would be a video of someone doing it if there was actually anything behind it. I know the 1984 elite and others versions has been ripped apart and had the code sampled but nothing was ever found ( to my knowledge) .

Has anyone ever gone out and checked off all the discoveries in the codex?

Last edited:
Of course , it that shal not be named :D Aparently the sectors were numbered in the early days and then changed to their current labels. I have no idea if these numbers match those reported numbers , this is the only thing I could find. Only started my journey in 3305. maybe someone around that era can shed some light

There is an old myth that it was in the 9th galaxy map after doing some reverse system flying and other hocus pocus. I think it was in a russian gamer magazine. I would think that there would be a video of someone doing it if there was actually anything behind it. I know the 1984 elite and others versions has been ripped apart and had the code sampled but nothing was ever found ( to my knowledge) .

Could be worth searching for this Lagrange Cloud...
HWtEskn.png

Anybody in there? Hey pilot, do you read me? Did you follow Tanya Blaine? Everything happens for a reason, and an objective was given. I mean, when you were tumbling among icy rocks suffering from amnesia. Do you know who she is? No matter, in time you will. They tell a drake's vision is poor, but they see as much as is required. Now, listen carefully...

Could be worth searching for this Lagrange Cloud...
HWtEskn.png
This exactly, I started back at the beginning of the thread after my last lead went nowhere. And seen this image which got me thinking. Currently I'm packing up the conda and after a bit of combat — it might be a while so i have to get it out of my system — I'll be heading back into the black and giving it a go

In the original Elite in 1984 there were 8 'Galaxies', that needed a special hyperjump to travel between and then you could jump around that 'galaxy' systems using normal Jumpdrive with 7LY range (its still not clear exactly what the different 'galaxies' represented but probably not that important, Galaxy 1 contained Lave and the old worlds that are so nostalgic for that reason). Technically speaking each system had 256 systems due to memory limitations so they did 7 more just for extra gameplay I think.

There were rumours / urban myths that a hidden 9th Galaxy existed (it didnt and iirc Frontier and DB have confirmed it didnt exist in the official released version) and in that 9th Galaxy was supposedly Raxxla, supposedly found by a player, the first hoax about Raxxla that really took off. Then there were hundred and one variations of how to get there to the 9th Galaxy. Some magazines picked up on it and published it and the legend was born.

So yeah, region 9 (as it is was previously numbered in 2015, now named by submissions by players or Frontier, theres a 3rd version that shows all the player submitted or player used names as well that isnt official) Region 9 has become the new 9th Galaxy it seems :)

Could be, theres a 1 in 42 chance it is, and theres a lot of star systems in it.

Yeah heard that but cannot track it down, seems to be an Eastern Europe / Russia group that are behind it but whether they hacked the game and added a 9th Galaxy or if it was all urban myth I just cannot find out.....so probably just myth told by different people with different perceptions of how true it is.....and 'I know somebody who has...' is an argument used all over the world when really it was just heard from someone else, who probably said the same thing.

Sure I first heard it in the late 80s early 90s but no idea where from, can only imagine a British magazine picked it up as I wasnt on BBS or knew anybody else who played at the time, I do remember thinking it was unfair it wasnt in the British version and only released in the Russian version (which it wasnt but that must have been what Id read or implied from reading). Never got to the source of it though when looked into it years later / recently.

In the original Elite in 1984 there were 8 'Galaxies', that needed a special hyperjump to travel between and then you could jump around that 'galaxy' systems using normal Jumpdrive with 7LY range (its still not clear exactly what the different 'galaxies' represented but probably not that important, Galaxy 1 contained Lave and the old worlds that are so nostalgic for that reason). Technically speaking each system had 256 systems due to memory limitations so they did 7 more just for extra gameplay I think.

There were rumours / urban myths that a hidden 9th Galaxy existed (it didnt and iirc Frontier and DB have confirmed it didnt exist in the official released version) and in that 9th Galaxy was supposedly Raxxla, supposedly found by a player, the first hoax about Raxxla that really took off. Then there were hundred and one variations of how to get there to the 9th Galaxy. Some magazines picked up on it and published it and the legend was born.

So yeah, region 9 (as it is was previously numbered in 2015, now named by submissions by players or Frontier, theres a 3rd version that shows all the player submitted or player used names as well that isnt official) Region 9 has become the new 9th Galaxy it seems :)

Could be, theres a 1 in 42 chance it is, and theres a lot of star systems in it.

Wow. Thank you so much for the deep dive. Genuinely appreciate the story behind it. I didn't expect such detail.

Top Bottom