General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
27,900 in England

Strict lockdown in the three counties around where I am a couple of thousand new cases, no local numbers on deaths. Around a quarter of the welsh population in lockdown.

They've traced it back to a spread from a few pubs all visited by the people who went to one illegal house party.

Last edited:
Over here in Portugal the gov has issued mandatory usage of masks in the street, and mandatory installation of a tracking app that recorded your locations and everyone you were physically close to, as well as giving the police the power to ask people for their phones and check for the installation of the tracking app.

While the usage of masks was almost universally accepted and seen as common sense (most people already wore them voluntarily anyway), the mandatory installation of tracking apps on phones on the other has backfired spectacularly, like was to be expected by any sane person. Not only the government popularity dropped like a stone, I also expect a huge spike in sales of old and dusty Nokia 3310's and similars, together with a huge rise in numbers of people who officially don't have mobile phones :D.

Serious. With our two countries we can be called the bad pupils of the European class.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Both countries have similar populations a similar outbreak and a similar economy.

We are running out of options. The U.K. can’t keep locking-down every few months and it’s the same in France. Spain is suffering even more 🙁

I know it’s crossing the line into politics but I don’t see how they can be disconnected.... in the U.K. we can’t afford another lockdown like before. It’s probably the same in France.

Some countries with budget surpluses can afford to close down their economy for longer or more often. The U.K. can’t. We did our best and it hadn’t worked.

Over here in Portugal the gov has issued mandatory usage of masks in the street, and mandatory installation of a tracking app that recorded your locations and everyone you were physically close to, as well as giving the police the power to ask people for their phones and check for the installation of the tracking app.

While the usage of masks was almost universally accepted and seen as common sense (most people already wore them voluntarily anyway), the mandatory installation of tracking apps on phones on the other has backfired spectacularly, like was to be expected by any sane person. Not only the government popularity dropped like a stone, I also expect a huge spike in sales of old and dusty Nokia 3310's and similars, together with a huge rise in numbers of people who officially don't have mobile phones :D.

We have been through the same weird process in the U.K. We had a centralised test app that would have been very useful (bare in mind our healthcare system is centralised) and everyone went nuts about privacy. They probably expressed how annoyed there where on Facebook!!!

We have been through the same weird process in the U.K. We had a centralised test app that would have been very useful (bare in mind our healthcare system is centralised) and everyone went nuts about privacy. They probably expressed how annoyed there where on Facebook!!!

The Chinese 2nd wave, is mostly down to 'citizens' not having mobiles, to track.
They of course, have computers watching maps, with lots of green, orange and red dots, which alert the operators when any red dots move. Basically, back at the beginning of this year: Most Chinese nationals, woke up to having a new app, on their phones, with instructions, on what to do, dependent on what colour they were registered as. That is how you 'STAMP ON' a virus.

Not having a phone, to make a dot, is every humans right.

What humans need, to make this work, to make themselves safer. They on the most part, (the mob) don't want, or will not tolerate happening. There is also the issue, of those, 'above such things'. Boris for example. Could not be added to such a system, it would be a national security threat and there will be a dozen easy ways to cheat the system. That said. Practically, every mobile phone, is 'already' a dot on a map, correlating the data, can be done, in many other ways.

In reference to both quotes above: I haven't seen anything on this, from the BBC, but from SKY.

Both countries have similar populations a similar outbreak and a similar economy.

We are running out of options. The U.K. can’t keep locking-down every few months and it’s the same in France. Spain is suffering even more 🙁

I know it’s crossing the line into politics but I don’t see how they can be disconnected.... in the U.K. we can’t afford another lockdown like before. It’s probably the same in France.

Some countries with budget surpluses can afford to close down their economy for longer or more often. The U.K. can’t. We did our best and it hadn’t worked.
But won’t it be more expensive if we don’t?

The Chinese 2nd wave, is mostly down to 'citizens' not having mobiles, to track.
They of course, have computers watching maps, with lots of green, orange and red dots, which alert the operators when any red dots move. Basically, back at the beginning of this year: Most Chinese nationals, woke up to having a new app, on their phones, with instructions, on what to do, dependent on what colour they were registered as. That is how you 'STAMP ON' a virus.

Not having a phone, to make a dot, is every humans right.

What humans need, to make this work, to make themselves safer. They on the most part, (the mob) don't want, or will not tolerate happening. There is also the issue, of those, 'above such things'. Boris for example. Could not be added to such a system, it would be a national security threat and there will be a dozen easy ways to cheat the system. That said. Practically, every mobile phone, is 'already' a dot on a map, correlating the data, can be done, in many other ways.

In reference to both quotes above: I haven't seen anything on this, from the BBC, but from SKY.

If western Governments need people to install apps on their phones in order to control them they should make them less rubbish 😜

Yes, and in France we have 32427 new cases for the last 24 hours.

As you know, the main metropolises in France are under curfew from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.

The government does not exclude local confinement if the situation worsens too.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom