I just wanted to post this up, it was an Idea I had but with no luck, though may bring some other ideas here. But we can rule this one out

I did the following and had no Luck went to Sag A being allied to all the 18 factions within the three superpower capitals. Also Allied with the three superpowers 100% and am triple Elite.
Let’s just say this method did not work as I bumped into the blackhole

Attachments

• tinfoil.jpg
    tinfoil.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 204
I just wanted to post this up, it was an Idea I had but with no luck, though may bring some other ideas here. But we can rule this one out

I did the following and had no Luck went to Sag A being allied to all the 18 factions within the three superpower capitals. Also Allied with the three superpowers 100% and am triple Elite.
Let’s just say this method did not work as I bumped into the blackhole
What is that image based off? Last I counted on the Codex image it was approx. 33 dashes in the hexagon.
nbEdqrN.png

I was intrigued and in the area so I went out to BK Camemopardalis as well and didn't see anything. That said it might be the strangest system I've seen. 6 stars, most ringed dwarfs of similar properties and many rocky planets, no other planet types.

Thanks for taking a look! I think the Camelopardalis angle is still viable but perhaps that system actually was just a typo, which is highly unfortunate or something is still being missed. I think what may be missing is the relation to Andromeda.

Something is up with camels and andromeda in this game’s news articles. Call me crazy but it’s come up too much imo. The first being the Vain Queen Rides on the back of a giraffe the remembers her daughters hero.

Here’s another article regarding the two:
A children’s entertainment show that achieved great popularity 40 years ago is being remade for modern audiences.

The animated programme, which featured spacefaring camel-like lifeforms from another galaxy, was titled Andromedaries. After many years, its devoted fanbase has raised funding for an independent entertainment company to purchase the rights.

A press release from Blackshadow Productions stated:

“This new incarnation of Andromedaries will delight fans both old and new. We’ll be going on a dark, blood-soaked journey of psychological discovery, showcasing all the trials and pressures of intergalactic travel.”

Vienna Langhorne, the creator and head writer of the original show, commented:

“It’s about camels in space, for goodness’ sake! What are these morons doing to it?”

Ogden Smith, president of the Andromedaries Superlative Society, told the media:

“With all due respect to Vienna Langhorne, she doesn’t understand the show like we do. The new version will return viewers to the gritty, realistic drama we enjoyed when we were kids.”

Another article mentioning Andromeda is one that goes into the history of Thargoids. That one also seems to connect Andromeda and the Thargoids being “a nomadic species” possibly hinting to camels and Camelopardalis.
Here’s that article:

Professor Cora Shaw, director of the Palin Institute, has published a paper speculating on the origin of the Thargoids.

Extracts from her paper are reprinted below:

“Considering the Thargoids’ impact on our civilisation, it is disturbing that we still know so little about them. Information from Guardian sites has shed some light on the Thargoids’ ancient history, but it’s clear they were an established spacefaring species long before they encountered the Guardians. So where did the Thargoids come from?”

“We know that the Thargoids are insectoid in nature with an affinity for ammonia-based worlds. This suggests they may have evolved in a harsh, low-temperature environment, which might explain their overdeveloped survival instincts and aggressive nature. But we also know the Thargoids are experts in bioengineering, so they may have augmented their own biology to a point where natural evolutionary processes are meaningless.”

“Since much of the Milky Way remains uncharted, the Thargoid homeworld might be just beyond known space or on the other side of the galaxy – if it exists at all. It’s possible they are now a nomadic species, existing entirely in space, or within fabricated hives of some kind. It may even be that they have journeyed across millions of light years, from Andromeda or beyond, like a swarm of locusts seeking fresh crops to consume.”

“Other theories are more esoteric but worthy of exploration. We know that their vessels are capable of hovering in hyperspace, suggesting that witch-space is comfortable for them. Could living beings actually originate from hyperspace?”

“Alternatively, they may be using hyperspace as a conduit from a dimensional plane entirely separate from real space. The Thargoids may not just be extragalactic in origin, but extra-universal.”

Then we have my personal favorite, Ricardo Bentonio! His tinfoil is worthy of admiration. Again we see Andromeda mentioned but this time in reference to “reptiles” being from there. That reference I believe is regarding The Dark Wheel. Looking at the old dark wheel logo you can clearly see a dragon on the outside of it and like I’ve said before I think the Dark Wheel have access to the real Soontill and finding it could lead to Raxxla.
The Ricardo Bentonio article also mentions his show “The Hidden World”

The spectre of President Halsey’s disappearance in Starship One refuses to die down. Despite the findings of the official report some claim that the matter is far from closed. One such person is self-proclaimed conspiracy expert Ricardo Bentonio on his investigative show ‘The Hidden World’:

“They took her for their own purposes. Not the lizard people from Andromeda, that’s the Imperial Dynasty. She’s been taken somewhere different.”

Federal Navy officials refused to comment on this allegation. One Congressman was overheard joking “Does anyone listen to that loon’s shows? Except his precious lizard people from Andromeda, of course!”

My question to you all is this: Are there Camelopardalis systems that appear over Andromeda or something perhaps when viewed from Earth? Or maybe there’s something I’m missing in Andromeda mythology. I know most may not agree with my sentiment but I know many of you are far smarter than I. I’d appreciate any ideas.

Hm, there are so many stars out there you can "see" any shape you want from certain perspectives ..

Personally I like the small "spiral" which can be seen from SOL. Fly to Earth and look in the direction of Persephone.(I think that's the direction)
It certainly is nothing, but for me it was eye-catching as I turned my ship. (yes, and the madness of course..)
I'm currently thousands of LY away, so I can't confirm the direction. I arrived at Persephone some time ago, turned my ship and I immediately noticed those stars.
But again, I think it's nothing special.

Update: Added my screenshot .. it still looks interesting ..View attachment 191592

Corona Borealis??

33? ok got the image from this link... https://forums-new.frontier.co.uk/threads/voids-independent-research-raxxla.479766/
ok, well im allied with mega corps, dark wheel, sirus. going to look into this, have a count up and err... oh god repeat my madness
Much appreciated. Void's superweapon graphic is interesting too. There has always been the chance it represents the physics symbol for a force vector directed toward the viewer or a centre of pressure.
--------------------------------------------------------
CMDR Zulu said:
Vain Queen Rides on the back of a giraffe the remembers her daughters hero
There is the true CS Camelopardalis system which is more accurate to being the "back" of the constellation. Has this system been explored?

Last edited:
Yea in this search I don’t think it matters if someone has been there previously.

I’ll tell you guys one thing though, these Camelopardalis systems have more than one “errors“ in their generation. There’s “Camemopardalis” the typo, and then 2 Camelopardalis system has a star in it labeled 53 Camelopardalis even though there is a completemy separate 53 Camelopardalis system nearby. Not that this means anything but it’s interesting.

I’ll check out CS Camelopardalis when I get on later, thanks for recommending it.

Yep. I'm not familiar with all those constellation names. :unsure:
.. we have too many loose ends and failed attempts here. I'm too old to remember all those things .. :p
(Some hundred pages earlier you've investigated Corona Borealis.. and people already searched for Gemma/Alphekka .. oh dear)

Just basic night sky watching!
I’ve not personally explored in-game Corona Borealis, though I believe others have in this thread, but I’ve certainly been to Gemma/Alphekka to test it as a candidate for the first line of TDW toast.
There are no failed attempts! Every hypothesis tested, even if the results are negative, is one more step nearer to the truth.
Old? I’m 68, and not doing much flying at the moment as my efforts to get third (combat) elite early this year during Covid lockdown have resulted in persistent wrist & thumb pain. I ain’t getting any younger! 👴🏻

Yea in this search I don’t think it matters if someone has been there previously.

I’ll tell you guys one thing though, these Camelopardalis systems have more than one “errors“ in their generation. There’s “Camemopardalis” the typo, and then 2 Camelopardalis system has a star in it labeled 53 Camelopardalis even though there is a completemy separate 53 Camelopardalis system nearby. Not that this means anything but it’s interesting.

I’ll check out CS Camelopardalis when I get on later, thanks for recommending it.

This probably came about back in the “Big Bang” (game data creation) through FD’s automated input of data into Stellar Forge from extant star catalogues. If there were separate reported positions for a star (similarly sometimes there were different names for the same star) then it can cause two distinct in-game objects with the same name (often very close so it’s obvious), or long strings of stars because the distance data wasn’t accurate (it never is in astronomy unless the system is close enough for accurate stellar parallax measurements). And typos would also have been automatically input, though FD do seem to have their own unique level of grammar/typing/spelling skills.

Edit: and MB is reputed (though not confirmed by him) to have said that the system containing Raxxla was visited (but it wasn’t noticed) by someone early on, so whether or not others have visited a system may be totally inconsequential to this Quest.

Last edited:
If you find a system with only the H moon mapped you can assume a Raxxla hunter was there. And even then always best to check out the system for yourself

Yea all very true information you’re putting out. Thanks Jorki. On a side note I found one of these Camelopardalis systems on EDSM that has Jorki Rasalas as the first “discovered by” back in 2016 I believe, I’m sure there are many more out there with your name on them.
This probably came about back in the “Big Bang” (game data creation) through FD’s automated input of data into Stellar Forge from extant star catalogues. If there were separate reported positions for a star (similarly sometimes there were different names for the same star) then it can cause two distinct in-game objects with the same name (often very close so it’s obvious), or long strings of stars because the distance data wasn’t accurate (it never is in astronomy unless the system is close enough for accurate stellar parallax measurements). And typos would also have been automatically input, though FD do seem to have their own unique level of grammar/typing/spelling skills.

Edit: and MB is reputed (though not confirmed by him) to have said that the system containing Raxxla was visited (but it wasn’t noticed) by someone early on, so whether or not others have visited a system may be totally inconsequential to this Quest.

I hope that whatever we’re searching for isn’t between star systems like many have implied. That would make it even more difficult but I did find an article alluding to something being between stars...

The Federal Intelligence Agency continues to search for the Children of Tothos, a fringe cult that has stolen a nuclear weapon.

Ethan Takahashi, crime correspondent for The Federal Times, reported:

“The FIA has rooted out additional cultists within the Zlota system. All fervently worship their charismatic leader, Barnabas Cole, but none seem to know his current location or plans.”

“The Children of Tothos believe they were chosen by a demonic being that exists ‘in the spaces between the stars’. Cole claims that only he, aided by select adherents, can summon Tothos with an enormous ceremonial sacrifice.”

“Criminal psychologists fear that Cole’s egotism permits any act that justifies his delusions, including detonation of a nuclear warhead. Since the recently stolen Lucifer Device is both portable and undetectable by security scans, practically any location might be chosen for the cult’s apocalyptic ceremony.”

Also notice the similarity of the name Children of Tothos to Children of Raxxla. Surely FDEV wouldn’t tease them like that on purpose...

Last edited:
My current personal hypothesis remains mostly the same. Any of our theories could be the right or most likely wrong one. This is just my head canon based upon reading between the lines of Galnet and lore.

-Copy Oberon and Neptune Ryder, pursue Soontill to find Raxxla.
-Soontill was described similarly to a Thargoid Surface Site which many believe are defunct mother ships. So perhaps it’s a whole planet, mothership, or surface site (not discoverable by all though if it is on surface) out there still in control of The Dark Wheel. Jameson even said a mother ship was beautiful before he killed it.
-The Vain Queen Rides A Giraffe That Remembers her Daughter’s hero. I’m still fixated on Camelopardalis due to this and The Andromedaries article. I think “Vain Queen” means mothership or hive that is in hiding. Giraffe that remembers her daughters hero, something to do with Camelopardalis, Perseus, Andromeda.
-The Thargoid Sensor, Probe, and link may lead to this as well. Whatever these things were sent out to find has not been conclusively found imo.
-It could be between systems, like between a Camelopardalis system and a system in Perseus or maybe even Andromeda. I think Thargoid Link, Probe, and Sensor could help.
-I think finding either Soontill or Raxxla will flip the bubble on it’s head and cause The Club to lose their grip over everything for better or worse with whatever consequences that shift in power may bring.
-Weird specifics I came up with from reading: I think probe EMP might be needed to remove a protective disguise around said lost object, which may look like a normal Celestial object but glitchy. Like a bad hologram. I believe what I’m searching for is “West” of the California Nebula if you open the galaxy map and look at it how it opens by default. I don’t think it will be ridiculously far from the bubble. I believe the Thargoids want the Sensors, Probes, and Links because they lead to this missing object and they have lost it themselves. Might also explain their incursions into human space.
I believe Raxxla appears “mundane” and “durable“ when compared to Soontill, and is being exploited by The Club.

My current personal hypothesis remains mostly the same. Any of our theories could be the right or most likely wrong one. This is just my head canon based upon reading between the lines of Galnet and lore.

-<snipped>

-The Vain Queen Rides A Giraffe That Remembers her Daughter’s hero. I’m still fixated on Camelopardalis due to this and The Andromedaries article. I think “Vain Queen” means mothership or hive that is in hiding. Giraffe that remembers her daughters hero, something to do with Camelopardalis, Perseus, Andromeda.
-
<snipped>.

Pretty sure you’re on a hiding to nothing regarding “The Vain Queen...”
This was a clue by Drew Wagar relevant to his Formidine Rift mystery, intended to point people towards the Zurara. He has said several times he knows nothing about Raxxla, nor did any of the other authors (except MB) as FD instructed them to stay off the subject and kept it for themselves.

MB wrote the book Elite Legacy about the mining colony Freeholm in the Artemis system; didn’t spot any clues in there that might relate to Raxxla, or TDW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom