Newcomer / Intro I can't put her Down!

It's one of the training missions, you don't have credits or a docking computer, it's not even your ship...
Yes no credits as far as the tutorial mission goes, but I've named my ship by first of all skipping the training missions and then returning to them. It's the docking and travel training mission. The one where make a cargo run for a bloke to a station. Starting from Romanek's Folly and Hyperjump to the Eranin Sector .....

Ok, I'm not seeing 'Target' in white, not seeing 'proceed to landing pad 43 (timer underneath)' in blue.

Looks like you've timed out?

Apologies, can't upload any screenshots at the moment.
Thanks for trying. The screenshots are very informative. Can anybody else see them? I think I got timed out. Otherwise why have a count-down clock? I'll do the cargo run again. This time land within the 10min timeline. But not right now ....... 12.30 in the morning here. ;) 😃

Thanks for trying. The screenshots are very informative. Can anybody else see them? I think I got timed out. Otherwise why have a count-down clock? I'll do the cargo run again. This time land within the 10min timeline. But not right now ....... 12.30 in the morning here. ;) 😃
Suggestion: When you arrive at the station, ignore her wittering about docking permission.
Line yourself up with the slot, then stop, then request docking permission and continue.
Should give you a bit longer to manoeuvre inside the station. o7

I've entered the station to land, gear is down, I've dropped her on the landing pad (or think I have), but nothing happens ..... I'm doing the launch-deliver-retrieve training mission. What have I missed? Thanks.

Can I suggest that you leave that training mission for now - instead select Challenge Scenarios - and in there choose Docking Practice. This training is just docking, no travel etc so is quicker to do and redo until you get the hang of it. This should be in the main training menu - I have no idea why it has always been a "challenge scenario". :rolleyes:

Screenshot_0050.jpg

Screenshot_0051.jpg

Last edited:
I did them for s***s & giggles after I'd already learned the basics...

That's how I knew it was a bug and not just my poor piloting skills.
I'll agree. Just did them a week ago for the same reasons and I just bounced off the pad - quite annoying.

OP - the failure rate for this particular bug is I'm guessing around 30%. Restart the scenario and you should be good.
OR just ignore the training; it doesn't help much anyway. ;)

I'll agree. Just did them a week ago for the same reasons and I just bounced off the pad - quite annoying.

OP - the failure rate for this particular bug is I'm guessing around 30%. Restart the scenario and you should be good.
OR just ignore the training; it doesn't help much anyway. ;)
Thank god! I was beginning to think I’d just imagined the whole thing... 👍

I just went through the Travel and Docking training as in the OP - it worked perfectly well but has intensely annoying vocals.

BTW the screenshots by @Wombat1940 look wrong. There is no docking timer showing so was it after time expired @Wombat1940 ?
Yes, the docking timer disappeared after it reached zero.

When you say screenshots "look wrong" how do you mean? They are quite real. In the second, I had to maneuver to its position to get a view of what I think is the landing pad

Am I looking at the landing pad?
View attachment 191693
Based on those screenshots, you're not anywhere close to the landing pad. The one you are POINTING at is inactive - the one you WANT is likely the next one over to the right and leftward around the interior. You have been given clearance to a SPECIFIC pad. It will be lit up, with the pad number and holographic cradle guides.
I hate to say it, but this screenshot doesn't have your landing pad in it. You may have taken it after your docking clearance expired (bit of a feat, with ten minutes of leeway) The radar shows it is forward and to your right.
Keep trying - you'll get it. :)

When you say screenshots "look wrong" how do you mean? They are quite real. .......

Just referring to the lack of timer or on-screen instructions - obviously not there as it timed out. Seriously, use the other docking training (the one I posted about) it is much quicker and you will soon get the hang of things.

Can I suggest that you leave that training mission for now - instead select Challenge Scenarios - and in there choose Docking Practice. This training is just docking, no travel etc so is quicker to do and redo until you get the hang of it. This should be in the main training menu - I have no idea why it has always been a "challenge scenario". :rolleyes:
The way my landing is going, or trying to land is going; its in the right section. ;)
Ok. I agree. Good idea. I'll do the Docking Practice from the CS section first. ........

It's done. No problem. Landed perfectly. Then tried again, but let the time run out this time...... ooops! Not happy station cmdr: "Get the hell out of there!" ..... followed by a red texted countdown clock and when that times out you are vaporized. 😲

Now to try that training mission again ..... :unsure:

Based on those screenshots, you're not anywhere close to the landing pad. The one you are POINTING at is inactive - the one you WANT is likely the next one over to the right and leftward around the interior. You have been given clearance to a SPECIFIC pad. It will be lit up, with the pad number and holographic cradle guides.
I hate to say it, but this screenshot doesn't have your landing pad in it. You may have taken it after your docking clearance expired (bit of a feat, with ten minutes of leeway) The radar shows it is forward and to your right.
Keep trying - you'll get it. :)

Thanks for that. Yes, the screenshots say a lot. I was not in the right place.
There was also very little communication from the station cmdr during landing, certainly no visual indicator about the correct landing pad, not that I could see anyway. And when the clock ran out, no irate stn cmdr or ship being destroyed as in the Docking mission from the Challenge Scenarios. But in that situation, maybe it's part of the scenario to be destroyed and not the case in "Real" or maybe Solo or other flight situations.
Incidentally, put my lengthy time to land (well over 10mins) down to my inexperience. It was my first time ...... ;)

Sorry. "What sounds like ....." ?

What I mean is you can only land if you are facing the correct direction, indicated by chevrons pointing the way I think. If you are backwards, or 180 degrees around, it will not engage the chocks or whatever locks you to the pad. Your description of the trouble you had is what sounds like facing the wrong direction.

Maybe this video will help?
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb1e2GA1xDo

Some graphics may have changed a bit since I recorded the video, but the principle should be sound still. :)
Thanks. Yet to view ...... ;)
What I mean is you can only land if you are facing the correct direction, indicated by chevrons pointing the way I think. If you are backwards, or 180 degrees around, it will not engage the chocks or whatever locks you to the pad. Your description of the trouble you had is what sounds like facing the wrong direction.

No ... I'm facing the correct way (see the screenshot). However, from what I learned by doing the Landing Challenge Scenario, I think I'm at the wrong landing pad. 😟 About to re-fly it.

Top Bottom