Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

From the comments...

One person asks...

Hi from /r/all and a (years ago) buy-in hopeful! The graphics on this game look great already! How's the development coming?

And the reply is...

It's going strong and healthy

Me..

tenor.gif

Star Citizen France has a rant. Link translated. @LittleAnt presumably has already seen the original.

Star Citizen France has a rant. Link translated. @LittleAnt presumably has already seen the original.

Very telling rant too since SC France has been around since the beginning. I'm sure there's even more in a similar vein been posted around the community based web sites. Chris Roberts arrogance came out in full force with posting his butt-hurt and spoiled brat comments on Spectrum, showing he feels absolutely no humility in the fact that his dream project and he himself have been living solely off other peoples money, patience and forbearance since 2012. His demented rantings have done way more damage to the validity of his pie in the sky project than anything else to date. There's always the thick skinned and equally thick headed who'll continue to fluff his nest with cash... but a lot of long term backers, supporters and content creators are throwing in the towel...if they haven't already.

If the investors aren't thinking about cashing in now...I'm seriously doubting their business sense, either that or they're as blinded by greed as Roberts himself.

Last edited:

From the comments

The real development only started 4 years ago

Finally explaining Answer the call 2016 was for Devs not the game

Though to be fair.... if they still dont have a road map to the road map.... can we say that development has really started.'

Perhaps real development will really only truly begin in earnest with the 2021 Road Map

Last edited:
Very telling rant too since SC France has been around since the beginning. I'm sure there's even more in a similar vein been posted around the community based web sites. Chris Roberts arrogance came out in full force with posting his butt-hurt and spoiled brat comments on Spectrum, showing he feels absolutely no humility in the fact that his dream project and he himself have been living solely off other peoples money, patience and forbearance since 2012. His demented rantings have done way more damage to the validity of his pie in the sky project than anything else to date. There's always the thick skinned and equally thick headed who'll continue to fluff his nest with cash... but a lot of long term backers, supporters and content creators are throwing in the towel...if they haven't already.

If the investors aren't thinking about cashing in now...I'm seriously doubting their business sense, either that or they're as blinded by greed as Roberts himself.
Whilst it seems more and more Citizens are getting disgruntled, those rants are going to have little effect due to the fact the money is still coming in.

If the pledging stopped and the Spice money stopped flowing .... That would be a different matter ....

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

Pourtant, ils arrivent toujours à convaincre qu’ils vont y arriver, que le développement va s’accélérer une fois que telle ou telle technologie sera implémentée, pour ensuite ressortir les mêmes promesses chaque année, nous connaissons la musique maintenant. A tel point que nous serions capable d’en écrire chaque partition.

Whoa. And all it took was just a meager 8 years of constant and repetitive promises followed by non delivery for some to realize this.
Slow clap

Je suis impressionné.

Last edited:
Top Bottom