Planet Coaster | Pre-Order and Deluxe Edition Announcement

What are the improvements on PS4 PRO?
I see in the store: Enhanced game play on PS4 Pro console.
What improvements would there be?
  • Will it be possible to import audio, image or video files as in the computer version?

i hope someone answers my other question about if i pre ordered the game on ps4 whould i get the pre order bonus on ps5 when ps5 releases

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey there!

If I preordered on Game Store, I will have the preorder bonus (new coaster) too? Or is just on Amazon?
As long as you pre-ordered the game, doesn't matter where from, you will have access to the coaster.

What are the improvements on PS4 PRO?
I see in the store: Enhanced game play on PS4 Pro console.
What improvements would there be?
  • Will it be possible to import audio, image or video files as in the computer version?
We have nothing to announce regarding the enhancements, but we will let you know as soon as we do!
Regarding importing any files, this is not something that Planet Coaster: Console Edition supports.

i hope someone answers my other question about if i pre ordered the game on ps4 whould i get the pre order bonus on ps5 when ps5 releases
Yes, the pre-order bonus coaster will carry over between generations.

Please do not spam this thread with repeated questions, there is no need. We will answer asap!

sorry guys just was planing my ps5 launch window so i can make an informed decision thanks and sorry again sorry my adhd and my form of autism but i love how video games brings people together in the fun of play lol

Hey there!

As long as you pre-ordered the game, doesn't matter where from, you will have access to the coaster.

We have nothing to announce regarding the enhancements, but we will let you know as soon as we do!
Regarding importing any files, this is not something that Planet Coaster: Console Edition supports.

Yes, the pre-order bonus coaster will carry over between generations.

Please do not spam this thread with repeated questions, there is no need. We will answer asap!

No thememakers-toolkit, No import files. I dont understand because with the game Dreams from PS4 can import images an audio records. An perhaps with a external disk or something... perhaps there is a solution.
The game will then be very limited and with very little freedom when it comes to creating faithfully what we imagine :( Wouldn't there be some way to export the highest rated content from steam workshop to the new platform Frontier workshop?

Last edited:
The screenshot of the Workshop at 1:02 in the trailer looks fishy. What is that huge clock doing there and why is it so much bigger than any other UI element on that screen, including the oddly placed and cut-off statusbar (which shows a different time)? It looks like the bottom area was quickly cobbled together and superimposed to hide some limitations or controversial feature that they don't want to reveal yet and ruin their Pre-Order show. I guess we have to wait for that stream tomorrow, but seeing how Frontier is doing business these days, I fear the worst. Dramatically lowered object limit or worse, virtual currency/ microtransactions?

The screenshot of the Workshop at 1:02 in the trailer looks fishy. What is that huge clock doing there and why is it so much bigger than any other UI element on that screen, including the oddly placed and cut-off statusbar (which shows a different time)? It looks like the bottom area was quickly cobbled together and superimposed to hide some limitations or controversial feature that they don't want to reveal yet and ruin their Pre-Order show. I guess we have to wait for that stream tomorrow, but seeing how Frontier is doing business these days, I fear the worst. Dramatically lowered object limit or worse, virtual currency/ microtransactions?
Yes, I fear the worst. I think the content is going to be very reduced since no external content is supported.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
The screenshot of the Workshop at 1:02 in the trailer looks fishy. What is that huge clock doing there and why is it so much bigger than any other UI element on that screen, including the oddly placed and cut-off statusbar (which shows a different time)?
If it's like the PC version you can change the time when you're saving a blueprint. I'm guessing that is what the clock is for. Sometimes your blueprint may have better lighting in the morning versus afternoon/evening. This way you don't have to wait for the in-game time to change. It's definitely convenient to have and saves time.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier

Yes, @HeatherG is bang on the money here, @Serpentrax. The clock is there to allow you to change the lighting in the screenshot for the thumbnail. The status bar is directly from the game and shows you the current in-game time, game speed etc. The only reason we had to pull the clock out separately is because the time adjustment on console is a pop-up option so it doesn't get adjusted in the same place as the time and date are displayed. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Blueprint.jpg
    Blueprint.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 202
Yes, @HeatherG is bang on the money here, @Serpentrax. The clock is there to allow you to change the lighting in the screenshot for the thumbnail. The status bar is directly from the game and shows you the current in-game time, game speed etc. The only reason we had to pull the clock out separately is because the time adjustment on console is a pop-up option so it doesn't get adjusted in the same place as the time and date are displayed. Hope this helps!
There will be a livestream tomorrow, Thursday, if anyone would like to join us. It's at 19:00pm (7pm) BST. Youtube channel is found here
Source: https://twitter.com/PlanetCoaster/status/1318605669206032384
Can't wait to see all your hard work. Can't tell you how excited Iam. I can now play my fav game while I am on tour.

Hi Chante
Can i buy the pre-ordered game and offer it to my kid ?
And how will it be possible ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom