River boat getting stuck from animals swimming

I've been trying to make a river boat safari ride but any time an animal is swimming in front of a boat the boat will stop and never start back up again which shuts down the ride & I have to close/re-open it. Can we please have it so the boat resumes after the animal has gotten out of the way?

This happens to me with all rides - cars and boats. The animals for some reason think that the best place to relax is in the path of the ride :D

I didn't add photo because I never thought about it as a bug. The animal always leaves the sport after a while (sometime it takes longer) and the boat/car continues. When I want to push it a bit, I just move the animal. But I will add pics after I get in the game.

So the boats are supposed to start back up again, that's good to hear. Mine definitely do not, they just stop and never resume, backing up in a line until I shut the ride down and re-open it (even long after I've moved the animal out of the way).

Hey @cerealfruitcakes, would you be able to share any screenshots or videos with us? Or send your save file to community@frontier.co.uk (please explain what you're experiencing in the email if you choose to do this)? We'd like to take a look into this!

I'm going to have to play for a bit for it to happen again, I've been sealing up all the spots with rocks where they've found their way through (so they can't get in the water at all). It's been happening less and less as I've sealed up the spots but it still does happen every once in a while (specifically when they have babies since their routing is smaller and find cracks). Here's the ride/habitat,

20201021115650_1.jpg

I'll return with a photo the next time it happens and I'll also send a save file to that email.

edit: perfect timing; a baby warthog found a crack and jumped in the water blocking the boats. I moved the warthog and the boats didn't start up again. They just sit there backing up forever and ever,

20201021125105_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
So the boats are supposed to start back up again, that's good to hear. Mine definitely do not, they just stop and never resume, backing up in a line until I shut the ride down and re-open it (even long after I've moved the animal out of the way).

I'm going to have to play for a bit for it to happen again, I've been sealing up all the spots with rocks where they've found their way through (so they can't get in the water at all). It's been happening less and less as I've sealed up the spots but it still does happen every once in a while (specifically when they have babies since their routing is smaller and find cracks). Here's the ride/habitat,

View attachment 192104

I'll return with a photo the next time it happens and I'll also send a save file to that email.

edit: perfect timing; a baby warthog found a crack and jumped in the water blocking the boats. I moved the warthog and the boats didn't start up again. They just sit there backing up forever and ever,

View attachment 192106
Ok, if your rides do not resume even after the animal left then thats something else. Mine always start again.

The safari ride starts again. the boats don't. I actually had a case where it bumped into an animal, and the boat reversed all the way back until it hit the following boat.
After that the complete ride stopped. This only happens with the boats.

I have the same problem. Is there an solution to fix this problem? When my gavial is swimming on the track, the boat stops. When the animal is gone the boat stays on the same place. I have to close to boatride, re-open and then I will have the same problem...

I have a similar problem in that, when an animal is in the way of the boat, the animal will NEVER move. It stays there forever unless I move it manually. My ride will start back up again after I move the animal, though. Is this also something y'all would want evidence of?

Top Bottom