My biggest complaint right now...

Yes, I know there are problems with the game. There are probably many bugs, animation glitches, etc. But I never really get that far into seeing them. Why? Because I generally just can't get the animals I'm interested in bringing to my zoo when I want them. Sure, this is probably a thing real zoos face often. But there are several times when I start a new zoo (no, I don't play in franchise mode nor do I have any desire to do so) that I just quit after a few hours just because I really want <insert animal here> and there's none available... or certainly not enough to fulfill any social needs the animals may have.

Sure, I can deal with "it's there and I can't afford it due to not enough leaves or money", but when you finally save up enough to get said animal and then there's none to be had, that really kind of distracts from the experience for me and I tend to lose interest in the game after a time of not being able to find the animal(s) I want to bring to the zoo. It would be nice if there was some way to influence what animals were available to buy from the trade market somehow. Perhaps a building like a marketing center where you can send notice to whatever organizations are out there getting these animals into the market to send some <insert animal here> your way?

I can understand the frustration. Are you playing career, challenge, or sandbox? I know sandbox is the easiest to find animals in, and career limits which species you can actually get, it's different for each level. (Which is why I like moving my zoo to challenge mode after I beat each level.) Personally I play challenge a lot because I like that I have to work hard for each species and check the trade center often, makes me feel happier when I get lucky! But I've also heard other players say that even sandbox isn't plentiful enough for them, and they'd like it to be easier.

So I still stand by my request to Frontier, to make the sandbox market adjustable. Let us make it easier to find what we want, or more challenging, whichever we desire.

I personally play challenge mode as well. I was starting a new zoo and decided I was going to set up a children's "petting zoo" (not really a petting zoo, but a variety of animals little kids tend to be interested in). Started off with some camels- cool. Llamas? No llamas. No turtles. No nile monitors, no aardvarks... but man could I have bought a whole flock of Cassowarys if I wanted to... Could I have started some other part of the zoo? Sure... sure I could have... but I had a plan for how I wanted to start off and so many of the animals I wanted to include weren't available... for an entire hour so I lost interest. =/

I personally play challenge mode as well. I was starting a new zoo and decided I was going to set up a children's "petting zoo" (not really a petting zoo, but a variety of animals little kids tend to be interested in). Started off with some camels- cool. Llamas? No llamas. No turtles. No nile monitors, no aardvarks... but man could I have bought a whole flock of Cassowarys if I wanted to... Could I have started some other part of the zoo? Sure... sure I could have... but I had a plan for how I wanted to start off and so many of the animals I wanted to include weren't available... for an entire hour so I lost interest. =/
hmm maybe my request should be in challenge mode as well. I guess I never thought much about how long it takes to find the right species.. because I take forever to build anything and start needing animals. It's true that some animals seem to never appear, for hours and hours. :unsure: Maybe sandbox mode with money and conservation credits turned on would be the better alternative? You don't have to research anything though, so that's a plus or minus depending on your preference.

My only request if they do change this would be to make it an option not the default because personally I like the challenge of responding to the market rather than planning what I want so I wouldn't want them to just make it easier.

My only request if they do change this would be to make it an option not the default because personally I like the challenge of responding to the market rather than planning what I want so I wouldn't want them to just make it easier.
I'd just like to point out that neither one of us suggested that the solution to this be a permanent, global thing. I suggested the building of a structure that would allow you to focus on a species, and Jeminyne suggested a way to toggle/adjust it to even make it harder should someone like yourself be up to that challenge.

Yeah I realise you weren't suggesting it but I want to avoid a possible reading of the devs of this issue where they could go for the simplest solution - e.g.increasing the number of animals available in the challenge mode.

We already have turtles, llamas, aardvarks, nile monitors and cassowaries

We already have turtles, llamas, aardvarks, nile monitors and cassowaries
Comprehension fail? I'm talking about in the trading center market, not in the game itself. The original post was a complaint on getting the animals I wanted from the market into my zoo.

Top Bottom