Carrier MIA

The first jump after the update got stuck for me too.
Walked the dogs (knowing it would be an hour to reset a failed jump) kicked it back off again, now on my happy way back to Colonia...

No problems 🤷‍♂️

Carrier back at its source point before I initiated a remote jump. Back on board with the countdown to the next jump running.

This spaced is being watched.

I was playing ED when the merge occurred. There was no server downtime. I was kicked off the
server with a message that my launcher was too old. Quit the game, restart the launcher, click on
UPDATE, wait, click on START and back into the game.

Now fleet carriers are having issues jumping. Here's an idea. Maybe Frontier could consider fixing
all the issues in the game, possibly taking a year, and never ever adding anything new until this is
completed. The worry is can they actually accomplish this? History suggests otherwise...

OK, that was weird...

I guess it's being sorted, my Carrier-owning alt has successfully jumped. Meanwhile the Carrier my main is riding on has also jumped... but for awhile it was in two places at once. Carrier Management said it had jumped and was preparing to jump again, but my CMDR was still at the original location, and still on the Carrier.

Curious, I clicked on "return to surface", wondering if that would update something, but all indications said I was still in the system the Carrier had been stuck in. So I tried returning to the hangar, and just as the pad was beginning to descend, the hyperjump sequence kicked in. So I rode along, mostly outside the Carrier, through the jump. Didn't see the black fog though, the view suddenly updated to the new system.

* apply update y/n
Y
* apply optional Fleet carriers bug y/n
Y
* apply retrograde bug to mess up mining a bit y/n
Y
* execute

Jokes aside, I just jumped my carrier fine

Just ran the launcher and spent 10 minutes downloading an "upgrade."

Why? I already have Horizons. Surely this should only have been an upgrade for those who only had base ED?

Scheduled a remote FC jump. I'll find out in 15 minutes if they've broke my game for no reason.

Just ran the launcher and spent 10 minutes downloading an "upgrade."

Why? I already have Horizons. Surely this should only have been an upgrade for those who only had base ED?

Scheduled a remote FC jump. I'll find out in 15 minutes if they've broke my game for no reason.
Galmap shows it's at the destination system.

System map says it's still in the originating system.

Suppose I'll have to go find it. :rolleyes:

Found it in the destination system.

Lets try it again and see if System Map still shows it here after it's jumped.
Now Gal Map shows it's back in the original system but looking at System Map it doesn't show up in either system.

It's not fixed.

Just went back into System Map and it's now showing despite me not actually doing anything else.

This could get very confusing!

Galmap shows it's at the destination system.

System map says it's still in the originating system.

Suppose I'll have to go find it. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a potential Star Trek episode to me, Mr Spock. ;-) Is the duplicate crew really hostile and bolshy?

I've done 8 of 24 jumps since 13:00 UTC - no issue - although the jump at 11:40 failed so an hour wait was needed for the reset.

Top Bottom