Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Don't promise things you cannot keep.

Agreed. That's why I always thought silly that game studios advertise release dates still so far away from product completion.

Release dates should be publicly announced when they are sure they can deliver a polished product on those dates, period.

For publicly traded companies like CD Projekt Red (or even Frontier), that's not really an option.
They still don't have to announce EXACT dates.
What they should have done in September was to announce that the game will be coming out in Q4 2020. And then, week before launch (beginning of December) they would announce that the game is coming out on 10th.
They would have avoided irking out a lot of people that way.

For publicly traded companies like CD Projekt Red (or even Frontier), that's not really an option.

Why not? Even Odyssey only has a release window, not a set date. Not that many businesses announce the release of their products months or almost a year in advance. Many don't even tell anyone what their working on until ready or very close to start selling, to avoid giving advantages to their competitors.

Agreed. That's why I always thought silly that game studios advertise release dates still so far away from product completion.

Release dates should be publicly announced when they are sure they can deliver a polished product on those dates, period.
I've never understood why game development don't include extra time for those inevitable delays in their estimates. Given that consumers can practically set their clocks to those delays, you'd think it would be industry standard. :rolleyes:

It's the millions paid for advertising lost already due to this announced delay that'll no doubt be sickening for CDPR...I can't see them forking out again to repaint all those buses :whistle:

zNraTNP.jpg

Why not? Even Odyssey only has a release window, not a set date. Not that many businesses announce the release of their products months or almost a year in advance. Many don't even tell anyone what their working on until ready or very close to start selling, to avoid giving advantages to their competitors.

I don't know why not, but that's the reason I read that they gave out a specific release date. That, and all the advertising / hype as Mole says.

Anyway, I took the following week off, which took some doing at the time - I can't see me being able to shift it this close to the end of the year, so that's that. I'll find something else to do. Always knew that when I booked time off for an unreleased game - this could happen, or the game could be unplayable, etc. 🤷‍♀️

Always knew that when I booked time off for an unreleased game - this could happen, or the game could be unplayable, etc. 🤷‍♀️

Same for me, in this particular year it's not like I was going to travel anyway on my vacation, so all weeks were the same for me.

StilI I rescheduled to december :D, taking advantage my colleagues spent all their vacations in the summer, thinking they would get to travel or hit the beaches like in a normal year 🤣

It's not just the fancy laminate graphics either, it's the paint as well...that's a London bus, they're usually red..
I expect the whole thing is a vinyl wrap, including the yellow bit, still be expensive though.

I work in software, although not game related. Accurately estimating how long something is going to take is extremely difficult. Even if you give yourself loads of additional contingency time it's so easy to overrun

They'd still have to pay someone to stick them all on. I'm sure the bus company won't be doing it themselves for nowt... out of the goodness of their hearts ;)

It's not just the fancy laminate graphics either, it's the paint as well...that's a London bus, they're usually red..
The moments of decision in the CDPR office would have been interesting to watch.
I bet the atmosphere there was so thick you could slice it with a knife.

I decided that with the refunded cash, I'll at least be able to play AC Valhalla instead. I'll pick CP2077 up next year at some point when it goes on sale somewhere. :censored:

On a tangent note, from what I've seen of Valhalla so far, the only thing I'm saving is Wardruna's soundtrack (because hey, Wardruna)...don't know why, but after the game-changer Origins and the super hit Odyssey, this one feels a bit like AC 3 all over again (as in, after an original 1 and a great 2, an overbloated and dull 3 to the point of losing direction)....hope to be proven wrong, gg on you for having it on a subscription, you can always pull the plug if it's not worth it.

The moments of decision in the CDPR office would have been interesting to watch.
I bet the atmosphere there was so thick you could slice it with a knife.

I bet the atmosphere was so encrypted you could bypass it with a Netrunner. 🤓

Same for me, in this particular year it's not like I was going to travel anyway on my vacation, so all weeks were the same for me.

StilI I rescheduled to december :D, taking advantage my colleagues spent all their vacations in the summer, thinking they would get to travel or hit the beaches like in a normal year 🤣
Working retail, taking a week off during the holidays was never an option. I’m just lucky that the two days I took off to give blood week before Thanksgiving week fell during a gap our COVID era month long Black Friday campaign, so it actually got approved...

edited because competing thoughts is hard...

Last edited:
Working retail, taking a week off during the holidays was never an option. I’m just lucky that the two days I took off to give blood week before Thanksgiving week fell during a gap our COVID era month long Black Friday campaign, so it actually got approved...

It was not my intention to rub it on anyone's face, so I am sorry if it came across that way. I do realize I am fortunate to be able to reschedule vacations at will, as long as there are no date collisions with too many team colleagues.

It was not my intention to rub it on anyone's face, so I am sorry if it came across that way. I do realize I am fortunate to be able to reschedule vacations at will, as long as there are no date collisions with too many team colleagues.
Don’t worry, it didn’t come off that way. I’m just glad that I couldn’t even contemplate taking a week off for the release, and then have that week ruined by the delay. 😌

Top Bottom