General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think this is becoming quite common. Obviously, not knowing your Dad, I can't speak for him, but anything that gets force fed can lead to ill feelings. Whether it's over representing certain couples on TV adverts, or a 'reminder' of our terrible history wedged into a soap opera, like some political Product Placement, it is patronising and assumes that it's audience has a lower IQ than it's producers. I think his frustration is understandable.

There will be those that eagerly judge anyone that feels like this, with a plethora of labels from their glossary of 'Shamed Into Silence'.

I think your Dad was just getting fed up with the over reach on TV these days, as opposed to objecting to same sex dancing couples per se. I think that's what he meant by 'for the wrong reasons'. I'm saying this because it's how I find myself feeling if I'm in a house with a TV on. I'm slightly arachnophobic, but I keep it to myself just in case someone from Twitter calls the cops.

Thanks for your reply. I think a lot of people feel like he does and how you explained. I’m not offended by it. 👍

I'd feel different if I lived in Canada, Europe, AUS, pretty much anywhere other than the US, where the CDC and FDA have been so corrupted that I won't trust anything out of my own government until the current leadership is replaced and we have a solid period of reestablishing the public trust. At least we're close enough to the election now that Trump isn't in any rush to push out a vaccine in hopes of staying in office. So the short term threat of having some half-baked snake-oil "vaccine" forced upon the American populace seems to have passed.

I bet you are Dutch? Dutch people are confusing... liberal on the face of it, actually quite harsh and conservative when pushed enough 😛

As far as I've been able to tell, thanks to my jerkwad relatives who are exposing my genome to public scrutiny because they are suckers for stupid television commericals, Dutch is one of the few things I'm not!

They are capable of anything to raise dollars.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
Indeed...

They are running propaganda campaigns suggesting western vaccines are dangerous yet they are the first to put one forward to the WHO. They launch chemical weapons attacks in Europe, invade countries but deny it (can’t be Russians, no flags on the uniforms... yeah lol).

They shoot down airliners and deny it; Just because their own people are gullible doesn’t mean we all are. They are doing a great job of destabilising us but I don’t think any western government is going to use that “vaccine”.

Indeed...

They are running propaganda campaigns suggesting western vaccines are dangerous yet they are the first to put one forward to the WHO. They launch chemical weapons attacks in Europe, invade countries but deny it (can’t be Russians, no flags on the uniforms... yeah lol).

They shoot down airliners and deny it; Just because their own people are gullible doesn’t mean we all are. They are doing a great job of destabilising us but I don’t think any western government is going to use that “vaccine”.

NATO has pushed a thousand miles Eastwards after the Russians were assured it wouldn't move another inch by a variety of Western leaders during German reunification.

Indeed...

Here's some general info on the Sputnik V vaccine from Russia.
Without a big human trial, nobody knows if it works, how efficacious it is, and what the safety problems might be.
Wouldn't suggest we use it without the information. And given the hostility to the West, what version of it they send over is going to be another concern. They have a well funded biowarfare unit running for decades, and this vaccine is made of a pair of live genetically modified viruses. It's just asking for trouble. Consider the idea that this is code they're sending. Would anybody here put unvetted Russian "antivirus code" on their hard drive? 😒

In theory, it might be better than a traditional protein coat vaccine. Viral RNA stuck in the host genome will keep generating the corresponding protein from host cells. That could prolong the immune response much better than just a couple injections of the protein antigen. It could also give some autoimmune problems if we can't switch it off. Won't know till they do a trial. Nobody ever made a vaccine like this before.

Consider the idea that this is code they're sending. Would anybody here put unvetted Russian "antivirus code" on their hard drive? 😒

I could quarantine it on an unnetworked system or a sandboxed virtual machine, then run it and log the effects and/or have someone decompile it to see what it does. And that's probably the equivalent of what should be done with a potentially promising, but unverified, vaccine--assuming there aren't any effective alternatives that would render the endevour moot or unacceptably risky. Sequence it, rule out glaring concerns, then conduct a trial where all participants are quarantined for the duration and carefully monitored for however long is prudent.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom