THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

there were parts of the rift that were certainly spoon fed, and the descriptions of early clues never came to fruition at the end. There was nothing scary or ominous to be found in the rift as suggested by the main characters in the book and instead the entire thing was turned into a coverup of an escape route of potential colonies in the case of a thargoid invasion which itself, hasn't shown to be of any use during the actual thargoid attacks ...nor any sign that they're going to be utilized. ...so essentially the whole thing is a story that is being thrown away and forgotten about.

All a very anti-climatic and depressing end to what was the most interesting plot in the game. Though it really didn't happen out of order. It's just hard to follow what is retcon and what is actual narrative utilizing the memory erasing drug in the elite universe or clones in the elite universe (of which both make appearances in this plot).

Pretty much every big story in elite's history has retcons due to bumbles by fdev or two different narrative writers who aren't coordinating between themselves. Like the events of Jaques jump... or the missing vice president ....etc.

Greetings Commanders,
Last week I embarked on my first ever exploration trip.
I kitted out a Krait Phantom and headed off to see Barnard's Loop, which was nothing short of spectacular.
I wasn't sure where to go from there so giving the Galaxy Map a cursory glance I find the Soul Nebula.
I think to myself "Hey that sounds cool, lets go check that out!"
Little did I know the enormity of the rabbit hole which I was fast approaching.
Two days ago I found the Rift Stations in EAFOD and having read through the downloaded data-banks (multiple times I might add),
I was convinced of the existence of a nearby Earth like world with evidence of a sidewinder, so I started looking.
I soon realize that this is a needle in haystack kind of situation, and so a few short minutes with google lead me here,
to what is undoubtedly one of the coolest little corners of the internet I've ever seen.
And so while I apologize for a lengthy post I must commend the dedication and hard work put in by so many of you and express my gratitude.
I will be entering the Formadine Rift tonight and will spend approximately one week exploring there.
If I find anything of interest I'll be sure to bring it to your attention, and also if anyone wants anything checked out here, just let me know.
o7 Commanders! :cool:
I think the list of ELWs I put up was searched through, bar maybe 2?
If you're in the general area you could search for any undiscovered ELWs and see if their are any unknown beacons or wrecked ships, just don't hold your breath ;)

The beacons and ships mentioned in the Dynasty logs have never been found, bar the Zurara (however it's spelt!?).

I think the list of ELWs I put up was searched through, bar maybe 2?
If you're in the general area you could search for any undiscovered ELWs and see if their are any unknown beacons or wrecked ships, just don't hold your breath ;)

The beacons and ships mentioned in the Dynasty logs have never been found, bar the Zurara (however it's spelt!?).
In the near future, I'm going to organize a solo expedition to test all these hypotheses.

If you want to explore, I suggest you go towards SMAIDAU.

Exactly in the heart of that local group.

According to my theory and my research, published here in the forum
The zurara had as a mission to get to that place, unfortunately after coming back from the scan and checking my data, she discovered after returning that she rubbed a bubble of life in the "formidine rift"

In the link you have the report of my expedition, if I have not returned, it is due to lack of time. GO AND DISCOVER THE TRUTH !!!

Document

there were parts of the rift that were certainly spoon fed, and the descriptions of early clues never came to fruition at the end. There was nothing scary or ominous to be found in the rift as suggested by the main characters in the book and instead the entire thing was turned into a coverup of an escape route of potential colonies in the case of a thargoid invasion which itself, hasn't shown to be of any use during the actual thargoid attacks ...nor any sign that they're going to be utilized. ...so essentially the whole thing is a story that is being thrown away and forgotten about.

All a very anti-climatic and depressing end to what was the most interesting plot in the game. Though it really didn't happen out of order. It's just hard to follow what is retcon and what is actual narrative utilizing the memory erasing drug in the elite universe or clones in the elite universe (of which both make appearances in this plot).

Pretty much every big story in elite's history has retcons due to bumbles by fdev or two different narrative writers who aren't coordinating between themselves. Like the events of Jaques jump... or the missing vice president ....etc.
I'll bet my bottom dollar the Oresrian/Klaxian thing was thrown away as well.

Remember when we were told explorers might need weapons, because spooky stuff? Lawl.

Deleted member 274977

D
Anyway, in the near future I'm going to the Rift again to try to find answers again.

Deleted member 274977

D
It would be interesting to know what equipment Salome used for her ship and whether she resorted to the help of engineers. I'm going to write to Drew about it.

Im just at Rho not far from you been getting ALOT of no tagged systems still

I did a bunch of exploring around bovomit for a while. .but that got boring so I've just been mining some of the metallic rings here and there. Sometimes hitting a tritium spot to mix things up.

when you're like 20k ly from civilization, there are always lots and lots and lots of untagged systems.

Deleted member 274977

D
I got a response from Drew:

"Salomé's ship was mildly engineered, mostly by Felicity Farseer. The ship was modified for jump and range in system speed primarily. Salomé also encountered Bill Turner and Elvira Martuuk in her travels, as detailed in Elite Premonition.

Hope that helps.

Right on Commander and o7.

Cheers,

Drew."

I got a response from Drew:

"Salomé's ship was mildly engineered, mostly by Felicity Farseer. The ship was modified for jump and range in system speed primarily. Salomé also encountered Bill Turner and Elvira Martuuk in her travels, as detailed in Elite Premonition.

Hope that helps.

Right on Commander and o7.

Cheers,

Drew."

I watched Drew's final stream just before Christmas and he revealed Salome's ship, the Seven Veils, as well as the Asp Explorer she flew to Beagle Point during Distant Worlds 1, are docked aboard the Distant Worlds flagship carrier. So if there's ever a Distant World 3 expedition she'll be taking part, if in spirit only :)

The topic of the Formidine Rift is a priority for me. In the near future I plan to investigate this amazing mystery. There is a huge database of information on this topic. I plan to study it in the most detailed way. :unsure:

Would you be so kind and tell us the transmissions please. The caesar cypher back then was EXODUS.
Hi! I then had very little time to wait for the start of the transmission of messages. In addition, I do not have software installed to record sounds from the game. In the near future I plan to go there and record such messages. I will keep the community informed of what is happening. (y)

Top Bottom