Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

VoiceAttack requires plugins to be stored in the VoiceAttack/Apps folder before it'll show up in VoiceAttack's plugin manager. Please double check your install location.
Note that you can uninstall EDDI and reinstall it in a different location without disturbing your configuration. :)
Is voice attack/Apps as far as you need to go with that there are a few directories in the App directory I want to make sure and get it right.

I am a Newbie Explorer and I find EDDI a MUST have, always tells me the best Planets to Explore
It's insanely well done. Target lock an NPC with bounty it tells you he's fair game. Fuel levels report during fuel scooping. Bg info on inhabited systems and its power status. Scanned mining hotspots reminder when you approach for the second time and its count. HELLO??? Made the below so pleasurable hehehe.

EliteDangerous64 2020-11-02 12-09-01.jpg

It's insanely well done. Target lock an NPC with bounty it tells you he's fair game. Fuel levels report during fuel scooping. Bg info on inhabited systems and its power status. Scanned mining hotspots reminder when you approach for the second time and its count. HELLO??? Made the below so pleasurable hehehe.

View attachment 194006
Likewise!!!! EDDI is a money maker and required mod. Going out without EDDI is setting off without your pants on. Ha Ha

Last edited:
@bronney well done! Personally, I love the Materials Monitor for Engineering Goals -- setting up commands like, "How many Flawed Focus Crystals do we need?", and such is so cool! Spent a day to flesh out my goals, set all the materials numbers in EDDI, and can come back from weeks/months absence and pick right up where I left off. So helpful!

@VerticalBlank Hello VB, I noticed a bug with EDDI. I just purchased a ship, the chieftan in Jameson and after the ship swap event, it no longer register the TXT:Ship size. I took a redock to fix the var. Is that normal? Was it lag? I noticed EDDI lagged around 6pm EST today.

@VerticalBlank Hello VB, I noticed a bug with EDDI. I just purchased a ship, the chieftan in Jameson and after the ship swap event, it no longer register the TXT:Ship size. I took a redock to fix the var. Is that normal? Was it lag? I noticed EDDI lagged around 6pm EST today.
That sounds like a manifestation of a known issue that should be fixed in the next release. The best mitigation in the interim is to restart EDDI.

I just had it again by logging out in an SRV on the surface. Logging back in, it doesn't detect that I am in an SRV. Board ship (srv docked) also doesn't trigger that you're back in the ship. ((EDDI liftoff)) did something but not optimal, ship still not set, ship size not set, location is ok. Restarting EDDI didn't fix. What fixed it was quit to main menu in ED and going back in. Then the welcome commander fixed everything. I used the below to check status:

1604636005648.png

I just had it again by logging out in an SRV on the surface. Logging back in, it doesn't detect that I am in an SRV. Board ship (srv docked) also doesn't trigger that you're back in the ship. ((EDDI liftoff)) did something but not optimal, ship still not set, ship size not set, location is ok. Restarting EDDI didn't fix. What fixed it was quit to main menu in ED and going back in. Then the welcome commander fixed everything. I used the below to check status:

View attachment 194345
Noted, thanks for the feedback. :)

I would like to record my gratitude to T'kael for a huge amount of work on this.

In the latest release credits we pay tribute to CMDR Hoodathunk, and I will repeat what I said there:
His contribution was massive, his advice was always wise, and he is sorely missed.

o7, CMDR Hoodathunk. This one is for you.
Yes, very much appreciate your efforts in producing a truly wonderful add-on for Elite Dangerous !

Updated to latest Release v3.7.1-b1 today and now get the following voice announcement:
"Error with Signal Detected Script. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
Repeated multiple times. Occurs in most populated systems.

Last edited:
Yes, very much appreciate your efforts in producing a truly wonderful add-on for Elite Dangerous !

Updated to latest Release v3.7.1-b1 today and now get the following voice announcement:
"Error with Signal Detected Script. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
Repeated multiple times. Occurs in most populated systems.
Are you using the revised default script?

Top Bottom