What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I love this room!! I need it! 😉
PlanetZoo_2020-11-02_17-46-59.png

I've been working on getting the rhino backstage area up and running, and most of all; baby proof!

😉

Yesterday, I started a new zoo. The idea behind is that there are 3 circles, each representing a different theme. The left circle is Africa (so African theme) and I haven't decided on the other two (I'm thinking maybe Indian - I really want to have peafowls - and South American). Each circle is divided into half so 2 habitats in each. For the African circle I have decided on the bongo and the red ruffed lemurs. Both don't require a lot of space so are ideal for my mini African experience. I have all the facilities and shops set up so I don't have to worry about power/water and guest needs.

The reason I have a lot of money and my zoo is over 70 years old is because I actually already had a zoo in here, but deleted it. This way I get to keep the money and can start building the way I want without worrying about finances. It's essentially sandbox but in Franchise mode.

20201106093716_1.jpg

I am totally in love with the circle themed zoo. I am looking forward to see more results.

I finished the first item on my to do list from the other post:
My own turtle house. It is nothing special but I just started building with more details and I like the result. Next project is a bear habitat.

I am totally in love with the circle themed zoo. I am looking forward to see more results.

I finished the first item on my to do list from the other post:
My own turtle house. It is nothing special but I just started building with more details and I like the result. Next project is a bear habitat.

Thank you Nisrii! Would love to see your builds as well. 🙂

About to start the game in a few minutes. I play regularly, but at the moment its really hard to tell what I'm doing :D detailing, detailing, detailing. Custom fencing on the path, a cover under bridges, a decorated transition between path types, landscaping... There are so many bits and pieces to be done in Unity, besides rebuilding the World of Silence (honestly, I'm waiting for DLC news before I get into major planning with this section, because if it is europe, there might be fitting animals in it). But I admit, I struggle a liiitlle bit with my patience currently, as its a very tedious work. Totally worth it in the end, but still... if you play fpr three hours and all you see is a fence on the path, it feels like you are not moving forward. Life of a builder, huh?

I had not played the game in the past 2 months until last week, when I finally found inspiration and enough time to play. I decided to give up on my big project I began many months ago. It was just too large to fill it with details and I started experiencing performance issues.
I am now starting a low budget and small-ish project of a small zoo/animal reserve located in a mountainous dry area in Spain. The reserve is next to a small village whose economy has historically been heavily dependent on exploiting the numerous iron deposits that are found in the surrounding area, some of them still remaining around the zoo itself. The reserve is intended to house local fauna (bring European animals pls!) as well as 9-10 African species due to their appeal and relative proximity.
I haven't really worked on the zoo itself yet. I spent a lot of time terraforming and then building some houses and buildings in the village. Today I finished the little main square which you can find in the pic below.
20201113192329_1.jpg

Just experimenting with some exhibit design here. Of course there is no landscaping. And I think an improvement would be to slope the exhibit area more and make it multi level going down to a deeper moat. But it has the look of a typical city zoo, lots of rock work, type exhibit.

PZ_exhibit3.png

In all my hours of playing PZ, this is the first time I ever put a lion in game!

PZ_lion3.png

@mikek21 very nice exhibits you’ve shown. I never do a zoo without the lion actually. Usually he’s the last animal I put in because of the popularity if I don’t start another zoo and abandon the current one which I do quite a bit.

I did a lot of detailing in Unity and finished decorating a train station.
I was with my grant-aunt (is that the real name for it? Sister of my grandma) and her husband today and my introvert batteries are drained like I was with 30 people. Now I'm trying to game abit to calm down again. Maybe selling all my animals in franchise zoo to eventually start fresh and way more serious

I had not played the game in the past 2 months until last week, when I finally found inspiration and enough time to play. I decided to give up on my big project I began many months ago. It was just too large to fill it with details and I started experiencing performance issues.
I am now starting a low budget and small-ish project of a small zoo/animal reserve located in a mountainous dry area in Spain. The reserve is next to a small village whose economy has historically been heavily dependent on exploiting the numerous iron deposits that are found in the surrounding area, some of them still remaining around the zoo itself. The reserve is intended to house local fauna (bring European animals pls!) as well as 9-10 African species due to their appeal and relative proximity.
I haven't really worked on the zoo itself yet. I spent a lot of time terraforming and then building some houses and buildings in the village. Today I finished the little main square which you can find in the pic below.

That village scene looks great, very realistic!

Today I converted my tiger enclosure into one for giant pandas. Now I need to expand it to accommodate two external and indoor enclosures.

50606998706_6b801b56f7_c.jpg

50607116987_5590b46c4c_c.jpg

Last edited:
After detailing yesterday and the day before, I completely lost my PZ drive. Even the idea of starting a new zoo does not get my excited (there is actually way too much to do in Unity still anyway) can't get me excited to play. Which is annyoing, because currently I'm too tired for my other hobbies.

I need something new to spark the drive again. Though, if it is birds "only", I may run into a slight and personal problem :D

I accidentally saved over my Japanese city zoo. It really upset me but I can start over with a slightly different layout and in the meantime I will work on something else. At least some pieces were saved as blueprints.

I accidentally saved over my Japanese city zoo. It really upset me but I can start over with a slightly different layout and in the meantime I will work on something else. At least some pieces were saved as blueprints.

There's no autosave copies? Have you checked in the 'my zoos' folder? Sorry if not - it's awful when you lose so much work.

There's no autosave copies? Have you checked in the 'my zoos' folder? Sorry if not - it's awful when you lose so much work.

No unfortunately not. It's ok, I was thinking of re-arranging some of it. But there were a couple of things I was really pleased with and weirdly I miss the animals even though I know I can just get new ones which will basically be the same!

Ugh, happened to me once as well, with the zoo before Unity. Soooo frustrating at first!

By the way, I guess I can't send you over Unity and you build the japanese section for me? :D There shall be one in the World of silence and I am totally stuck and have a creative block.

By the way, I guess I can't send you over Unity and you build the japanese section for me? :D There shall be one in the World of silence and I am totally stuck and have a creative block.

To be honest I don’t think I’d be good at doing a themed area. This zoo was a traditional zoo with a mix of old (not always great) enclosures and newer ones with a plan to eventually renovate the older parts. I was aiming for a zoo like you find in many Japanese cities rather than a Japanese themed area if that makes sense.

Top Bottom