The Planetary Circumnavigation Club

I have begun my fifth circumnavigation of world's in my SRV...

Using my CaptnPicard2305, Colonia account, my plan is to drive all around Kioti 368 8a.

My first four successful drives around Hi'iaka, Enceladus, Vanth and Charon, were all completed in the SOL system with my V-4-Vendetta Bubble account.

I selected Kioti 368 8a for trip Number 5 as its Planetary Outpost (Kremmen's Respite, latitude -50, longitude 33) is controlled by Privateer's Alliance and is the homebase to my fleet of 19 ships; thus this is a natural start-point for my journey...

Today, I covered the first 20 degrees of latitude from Kremmen's in 4.5 in-game hours on a heading of 0 degrees; which should guide me to the North Pole... Once there, I will switch to longitude 213 and follow a heading of 180 degrees to the South Pole... From there, I'll make my way back to Kremmen's Respite by following longitude 33 on a heading of 0 degrees until I return to base at latitude -50.

The first 10 degrees of drive today was horrendous with several deep canyons and huge mountains to traverse. The second 10 degrees was over numerous hills and valleys. Indeed, I'm glad my SRV has a full compliment of Refuel and Repair synth that I can call upon whenever needed.

All in all, my circumnavigation of Kioti 368 8a should take approximately 80 in-game hours to complete...

I have set up camp for the night at -30/33. I drive in Solo mode but if anyone would like to join me, at any time, please do. Just PM me and we can wing up in Open.

I must be absolutely mad doing this LOL... Wish me luck; I think I might need it :)

Attachments

• Kremmen's Respite.JPG
    Kremmen's Respite.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 189
Shout-out to Cmdr @cratercamper who successfully circumnavigated Hi'iaka, got a taste for it, and is now circumnavigating something far bigger - Ninsun 4 A!

Bravo sir.

PCya2rM.gif

And also to CaptnPicard2305 (aka V-4-Vendetta) who's currently circumnavigating Kioti 368 8 a.

Both of your ONGOING circumnavigations have now been entered in the official records of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club.

God speed - may the Iron be plentiful but the rocks not so much!

I have just completed my full circumnavigation of Kioti 368 8a. It is an amazing world full of surprises. The last few degrees especially (three big canyons). All in all I used 41 refuels and 48 repairs. I will put together a full record of evidence in the morning after a good night's sleep. I also took photos during my trip of protected trespass zones, buildings, wanted ships, skimmers, canyons, automated mining facilities and also an abandoned ship, which I will post to the Discord channel. I'm off to bed now. Hopefully I should sleep well tonight so long as I don't dream about falling down canyons :)

Attachments

• 2020-11-15-01-05-29 Kremmen's Respite return.JPG
    2020-11-15-01-05-29 Kremmen's Respite return.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 170
Supportive evidence for my circumnavigation of Kioti 368 8a... Photo shows timestamped location at near 30 degree intervals, terrain permitting. Start and End -50/33.

Attachments

• Kioti 368 8a Evidence.JPG
    Kioti 368 8a Evidence.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 189
Cmdr name: CaptnPicard2305 (aka, V-4-Vendetta).
Planet/Moon: 8a (Kioti 368 system).
Gravity: 0.06
Radius: 485 km
Approximate distance travelled: 3460 km
Start & End point: -50/33 & -50/33. Circumnavigation -
Heading South: Longitude 180.
Heading North: Longitude 0.
Start/finish date: 29.10.3306 / 15.11.3306
Time taken: Approximately 72h
Evidence: Time-stamped location photos uploaded to PCC Discord.

I have just completed my full circumnavigation of Kioti 368 8a. It is an amazing world full of surprises. The last few degrees especially (three big canyons). All in all I used 41 refuels and 48 repairs. I will put together a full record of evidence in the morning after a good night's sleep. I also took photos during my trip of protected trespass zones, buildings, wanted ships, skimmers, canyons, automated mining facilities and also an abandoned ship, which I will post to the Discord channel. I'm off to bed now. Hopefully I should sleep well tonight so long as I don't dream about falling down canyons :)
Massive congratulations on your 5th circumnavigation!

I've now updated the OP with all the details (if you could be so good as to check for accuracy).

Massive congratulations on your 5th circumnavigation!

I've now updated the OP with all the details (if you could be so good as to check for accuracy).

Thank you Alex, much appreciated. The only thing I would request perhaps is if you could add '(aka V-4-Vendetta)' after my CaptnPicard2305 name in the OP listing. This inclusion would help to clarify that the two accounts are linked.

Driving around world's is quite addictive and I'm looking forward to embarking on a 6th trip in the not too distant future.

Thank you Alex, much appreciated. The only thing I would request perhaps is if you could add '(aka V-4-Vendetta)' after my CaptnPicard2305 name in the OP listing. This inclusion would help to clarify that the two accounts are linked.
DONE
P.S. does CaptnPicard2305 have a separate EDSM account that needs a PCC badge?

I'm just checking out Junga 1 for my next circumnavigation. It looks a beautiful potato-shaped world. I've not decided yet whether to start at the North pole or South pole. The south has a handfull of massive craters, great for exploration. I will check the North in the morning after a good night's sleep. The warm glow of its parent star looks amazing.

Attachments

• 2020-11-16-23-33-46 Junga 1.jpg
    2020-11-16-23-33-46 Junga 1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 169
I have begun my circumnavigation of Junga 1. I decided to start my journey at the North pole and to follow a heading of 180. I have now reached latitude 60 degrees. This potato shaped world is quite deceiving. It looks picturesque from a distance but over the 30 degrees so far driven there have been lots of jagged hills and lumpy mounds to traverse. Also, it seems I am chasing the 'setting' parent star as it has been lingering half above and half below the horizon for quite a while. I've been driving in semi darkness over the past few degrees with beams on Dipped plus Night Vision. This appears to be a good combination as some of the potholes on this world can catch one by surprise! ...Putting down base camp for the night.

Attachments

• Junga 1 North Pole.JPG
    Junga 1 North Pole.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 179
You guys and girls are totally crazy.
I like that and adore you.
Most of us are only slightly crazy. This guy on the other hand ...

I have begun my circumnavigation of Junga 1. I decided to start my journey at the North pole and to follow a heading of 180. I have now reached latitude 60 degrees. This potato shaped world is quite deceiving. It looks picturesque from a distance but over the 30 degrees so far driven there have been lots of jagged hills and lumpy mounds to traverse. Also, it seems I am chasing the 'setting' parent star as it has been lingering half above and half below the horizon for quite a while. I've been driving in semi darkness over the past few degrees with beams on Dipped plus Night Vision. This appears to be a good combination as some of the potholes on this world can catch one by surprise! ...Putting down base camp for the night.

... circumnavigation number 6 - complete nutter! 🤪
(now listed in the OP)

Joking aside, Junga 1 looks like a cool planet to circumnavigate actually, I might have to go and have a quick explore down there myself.

LOL Thank you for the 'complete nutter' accolade Alec. I have kept my sanity, I think, but you have me questioning myself now :)

That said, the reason I enjoy SRV circumnavigation so much is its like all of these three games rolled into one -

1) Microsoft Flight Sim: Precision landings and take off.
2) Dirt Rally: Hurtling down either a slippery or dusty road, while trying to avoid a crash at every turn.
3) Need for Speed: White knuckle driving to push the SRV to its extreme limits of mechanical design.

Well that's the defence I'm using to explain my behaviour and I'm sticking to it LOL :)

All done... Back at the North Pole of Junga 1 (instruments reading 90/0)... This is my 6th completed circumnavigation of worlds (5 as V-4-Vendetta and 1 as CaptnPicard2305). I think I'll take a little rest now before planning my 7th trip around Perhaos a less bumpy planet but before then I might take time to grab a sandwich :)

Attachments

• 2020-11-22-21-04-38 JUNGA 1 - NORTH POLE.bmp.jpg
    2020-11-22-21-04-38 JUNGA 1 - NORTH POLE.bmp.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 176
Circumnavigation of Junga 1: Time-Stamped Location Images...

Attachments

• V-4-Vendetta Junga 1 Time-Stamped Location Images.JPG
    V-4-Vendetta Junga 1 Time-Stamped Location Images.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom