Odyssey: Multiple input devices on consoles

I doubt that HOTAS users on console are going to be using it to control CMDR's after the transition from space ship / SRV to On Foot.

Do we think Elite will finally support multiple controller device mapping, then? So for example, I can map some controls to one device, and some controls to another and they both work as input devices at the same time.

Or, do we think it will be a case of only one controller active in game at any one time - involving a "hard switch" at the point of transition to on-foot.

If multiple devices are allowed, surely this paves the way for any licensed control method to be used in-game. E.g. I can control with Mouse and Keyboard if I want to. Or, I can map my SRV controls to my G29 Steering Wheel and Pedals, on-foot controls to a controller, and in-ship controls to my HOTAS.

If multiple devices are allowed, surely this paves the way for any licensed control method to be used in-game. E.g. I can control with Mouse and Keyboard if I want to. Or, I can map my SRV controls to my G29 Steering Wheel and Pedals, on-foot controls to a controller, and in-ship controls to my HOTAS.
Zero chance...
Keyboard is NOT hard to do if they wanted it they would have done it already...
Hotas user can use the TOUCH PAD of DS4 to move the galaxy map at the same time as the hotas is connected..
Keyboard can already navigate a few screens in game... the support is there in error...

Supporting extra USB devices does require more memory its peanuts in the grand game memory allocation but its still things that can go wrong and then require COSTs in time to fix... This is why FPS took so long to adopt it as its not copy and paste code base in too game engines... and the cobra engine port to PS4 is bad to start with...

Zero chance...
Keyboard is NOT hard to do if they wanted it they would have done it already...
Hotas user can use the TOUCH PAD of DS4 to move the galaxy map at the same time as the hotas is connected..
Keyboard can already navigate a few screens in game... the support is there in error...

Supporting extra USB devices does require more memory its peanuts in the grand game memory allocation but its still things that can go wrong and then require COSTs in time to fix... This is why FPS took so long to adopt it as its not copy and paste code base in too game engines... and the cobra engine port to PS4 is bad to start with...

What solution do you think they'll implement, if not multi controller support?

What solution do you think they'll implement, if not multi controller support?
Hotas controllers Work for walking in other titles and VR games... Elite is not the first...
WASD is on the throttle. Mouse camera is on the stick... nothing much different than the SRV cannon use while driving and turning allready in the SRV...
Pad will be the same as every other FPS...

Last edited:
Top Bottom