Should the permit for Sol be made avaiable for all?

No. It's not a grind to get a permit to unlock Sol. It's an activity or series of activies that allows you to get the permit. Getting the permit gives you a feeling of achievement and it's awesome being able to finally see it after working hard for it.
This.

They should make a CG about it, then allow the top 25% to get it (maybe... top 75% is better though... have to decide later)

It's a matter of interpretation, but probably the permit is to restrict privately-owned warships approaching the capital of the Federation, rather than passengers visiting humanity's ancestral home. You ought to be able to take an Apex taxi there.

I see this as being a possible lore reason, but the general availability of ships in Sol suggests to me that any terrorist/black ops unit looking to wreak havoc in the Federal capital could probably transit into Sol and then cobble together something lethal, albeit not as effective as something brought into Sol from elsewhere.

Additionally, would Apex allow me to travel to Sol and then order my ship to be transferred to me?

Finally, although this isn't really a game mechanic thing, I can buy a Type-9 and explosives at a couple of the starports. Though I don't know HOW powerful it would be, any dedicated terrorist could probably make a giant flying bomb in-system using generally available stuff.

I will admit, I might be overthinking this.

And why not all the Imperial/Federal Ships as well? And why not an instant Grade 5 rep with any Engineer? And why not a functioning Azure paintjob on PS4? Oopss the last one was not intended. :love:

LOLz.jpg

And let Imperials in for free?

In case people forgot, all Alpha and Beta backers were automatically granted the permit to Sol.
You can't simply ignore that...

Permits and gameplay aside, I guess David Braben decided that we all are not from Earth and left long ago.

As we spread throughout the galaxy, we became inhabitants of other worlds and now Sol and Earth are forbidden places to us when we start the game and must earn the privilege to visit the birthplace of humanity. Apparently, those who now occupy the Sol system are now alien to us and we are only allowed a visitors permit which must be earned.

Somewhat of a hidden or unrealized storyline here and only the creator (DB) knows why.

A "Distant Origins" theory perhaps?

Oh, Seven.....

While we're at it, why don't we all start with all the ships with A rated modules? And all the permits.. And all the engineers unlocked.. Better give me 100,000,000 credits to start with too..

Oh wait, then there would be no point in playing..

Shortcut could be a misstion from Al-Din Prospect in Alpha Centauri via Weinbaum City in 36 Ophiuchi to Hutton Orbital in Alpha Centauri, no fleet carrier usage allowed.

the ones that are going to complain are the ones that are going to say that it is unfair they had to grind for it or people still wanting it to be an elitist thing
I don't care about my effort, but personally for me visiting the Sol was one of the in-game goals for some time and achievement give me much more satisfaction then visiting itself. I mean, if it's free - it has no value.

Also from the lore perspective the permit does make sense - to limit people from crowding the whole historical system.

I don't care about my effort, but personally for me visiting the Sol was one of the in-game goals for some time and achievement give me much more satisfaction then visiting itself. I mean, if it's free - it has no value.

Also from the lore perspective the permit does make sense - to limit people from crowding the whole historical system.
Burn Sol. Tis a silly place.

Top Bottom