General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a military helivac to a private hospital, a team of 5 doctors and immediate access to all experimental treatments for covid can safely say you have nothing fear.

Even with such advantages, things could have gone very wrong, and even without them, they could have gone very right.

The only sure thing is that any sufficiently positive outcome would have been used to downplay the effects of the disease, irrespective of actual risk, and that any sufficiently negative outcome would have somehow have been blamed on some opponent.

Saw a terrifying video of 2 american kids rolling down a hill in a truck. They were tumbling inside the cab like clothes in a washer, at various points you could see their limbs and heads poking out of the windows and sunroof and it was just pure chance that the truck didn't roll on their limbs or decapitate them. One was finally tossed out of the cab. But yeah, don't wear seatbelts, they're dangerous!

Some people don't wear seatbelts because of airbags as they don't get that they work together.

I saw a car roll sideways where the driver had his belt on and the passenger didn't. The driver just had sore thumbs from the wheel bag (remember the open grip like your instructor said) the passenger went between the airbags against the upper door/roof so hard he deformed the metal and got flung out to his death.

I always have a glass hammer/belt cutter in my door pocket in case I end up trapped by the belt.

It's OK. Anyone with a military helivac to a private hospital, a team of 5 doctors and immediate access to all experimental treatments for covid can safely say you have nothing fear.

Saw a terrifying video of 2 american kids rolling down a hill in a truck. They were tumbling inside the cab like clothes in a washer, at various points you could see their limbs and heads poking out of the windows and sunroof and it was just pure chance that the truck didn't roll on their limbs or decapitate them. One was finally tossed out of the cab. But yeah, don't wear seatbelts, they're dangerous!
I had an uncle who was a surgeon in Texas. He firmly instructed me to never drive with my hands or arms outside the car.

In his rural area of Texas, it was common to see civilian amputees, with left arms missing... Chances were, my uncle had to be the one to wield the bone saw. :(

Another victim of the superspreader type: Senator Kelly Loeffler, of Georgia. She had been travelling, in an enclosed bus, without distancing, and without a mask. Unable to post link.

Until they invented, fuel tanks that didn't break, most racing drivers, like Moss, Stuart and Hill, preferred not to wear a seat belt, when racing. They chose to be thrown from the car, than to be stuck inside it.
The best would be to have wire cutters nearby in case of problems.

Why now, they do not provide this kind of system in a car ?.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Hi - just wanted to wish everyone well outside of Australia.
Cannot imagine what the rest of the world is dealing with, but news of the Virus sounds horrific; my heart goes out to all of you who are being affected or have loved ones who are affected.

Here on the Sunshine Coast in Australia - there is literally no cases and absolutely no masks or social distancing. Here, you would not even know there was a Virus ravaging the world, except for occasional shops having sanitiser stations and old tape marks on the floors where we lined up the months previous.
I cannot imagine what the world is going through - but I only want to say I wish you all well and that people in Australia are thinking of you. 😍
Sunshine Coast ?

Now the rest of the world will come on vacation here. :p

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I had an uncle who was a surgeon in Texas. He firmly instructed me to never drive with my hands or arms outside the car.

In his rural area of Texas, it was common to see civilian amputees, with left arms missing... Chances were, my uncle had to be the one to wield the bone saw. :(
And let's not forget the heads of the dogs. :)

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

Sunshine Coast ?

Now the rest of the world will come on vacation here. :p

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
It is beautiful here - please come and visit wrapped in hermetically sealed bubble wrap - you will have to hotel quarantine for two weeks though. I live looking out at the GlassHouse Mountains on a mountain - one of the prettiest places on earth - and just about Virus free. Don't think there is any here on the Coast - hence the lackadaisical CoVid attitude and after all - we're all bogan Australians with a "she'll be right mate" attitude. We'll probably get hammered when they open the borders again later down the line.

A detachment of the Texas National Guard has been dispatched to deal with body disposal in El Paso, Texas. Up until now, the local hospitals had been using guarded prison inmates for those tasks. That requires the approval of the state Governor. The situation in El Paso has reached a point where civilian resources are not enough, apparently.

A detachment of the Texas National Guard has been dispatched to deal with body disposal in El Paso, Texas. Up until now, the local hospitals had been using guarded prison inmates for those tasks. That requires the approval of the state Governor. The situation in El Paso has reached a point where civilian resources are not enough, apparently.

This is the worst public health threat in a generation, yet we still find ourselves arguing over masks and vaccines and drinking bleach. I just don't get how people can't recognise whats happening around them.

Mass graves yet people claim it's just the flu.

COVID-19 has killed more Americans than the 5 most recent wars combined | CTV News

Already, COVID-19 has killed more people in the U.S. than Americans killed in battle during the five most recent wars combined: the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan and the Persian Gulf War.

The loss of life is like suffering the effects of 109 Hurricane Katrinas. Or enduring the 9/11 attacks every day for 66 days.

True to an extent, but large spikes in infections implies an increase in the proportion of people that will be severely impacted, because treatment opportunities get worse as hospitals become saturated...which is what's happening now, despite capacity increases over the last nine months, because of the sheer number of cases.

'Recoveries' are also the most loosely defined category.
RecoveredMap_simple-e1594408615717.png

My father in-law is in Wisconsin and has technically 'recovered', even though he's got lingering lung damage that might force him to retire about ten years sooner than he was planning and can still barely function at home. It's also an open question as to how many years it's knocked off his life.
lots of people are tested positive and do not have any serious effect of the virus, after a few days they are ok and after the 14 days of quarantine they are back on track. What I observed is if you already have a serious decease, you're in a bad situation, also if you eat crap food and don't get the right nutrients and the essential vitamins and minerals your body cannot fight it off.

lots of people are tested positive and do not have any serious effect of the virus, after a few days they are ok and after the 14 days of quarantine they are back on track. What I observed is if you already have a serious decease, you're in a bad situation, also if you eat crap food and don't get the right nutrients and the essential vitamins and minerals your body cannot fight it off.

Sigh.

Dying young: the healthcare workers in their 20s killed by Covid-19 | US news | The Guardian

and? lots of young people got a weak body, eat fast food all day and what not, if you don't take care of your body, it cant take care of you!

If only they took Alex Jones brand Brain Force Plus and avoided fluoridated water you think they'd be fine I suppose.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom