The Empire has an image problem.

There is a serious flaw within the Empire that even my character cannot really defend. She will even admit to it, but only to people that she trusts.

And no, I will not tell you what it is. Go and read up on the Lore, it is actually not that hard to find it ;)

If I remember right from the codex entry its bad manners to mistreat Imp slaves, but its not a guarantee of safety either.
Torvil is to blame for the saftey of the slaves, she's the one that's all for sending them down the mines to work to death.

And please, for the love of God NO Torvil images OR I'm reporting you. ;)

There is a serious flaw within the Empire that even my character cannot really defend. She will even admit to it, but only to people that she trusts.

And no, I will not tell you what it is. Go and read up on the Lore, it is actually not that hard to find it ;)

Im Alliance, you can probably imagine how many flaws I have to keep tucked away out of sight :)...but until I can be officially Thargoid aligned I will have to stay.

Torvil is to blame for the saftey of the slaves, she's the one that's all for sending them down the mines to work to death.

And please, for the love of God NO Torvil images OR I'm reporting you. ;)

Untitled2.jpg

Where you getting this from, where do the Alliance 'put it' in words exactly? I may need to rethink my loyalties if true.

The Empire doesnt have an 'image problem'. The Empire is the problem. Only those who assume they will be on the top of the pyramid or think they are better than other people want to be in the Empire. Anybody who thinks everyone should have a say is virtually automatically anti-Imp....then its a choice of 2 Democracies. Still find it strange the Marlinists went to Feds and not Alliance but thats a side issue, maybe they thought it offered better protection from the secret police.
It's in the Codex. Check it out in game.

Where you getting this from, where do the Alliance 'put it' in words exactly? I may need to rethink my loyalties if true.

The Empire doesnt have an 'image problem'. The Empire is the problem. Only those who assume they will be on the top of the pyramid or think they are better than other people want to be in the Empire. Anybody who thinks everyone should have a say is virtually automatically anti-Imp....then its a choice of 2 Democracies. Still find it strange the Marlinists went to Feds and not Alliance but thats a side issue, maybe they thought it offered better protection from the secret police.

Do you know what the Alliance is? People keep thinking it’s this beautiful Utopian democracy or something. We are talking about an alliance between WORLDS to defend and support one another. Some of those worlds are brutal dictatorships, some of them are patronage governments (not at all different from the Empire), and some are even corporations that decide the fate and civil rights of billions from a corporate executive meeting.

While it might be fair and democratic arrangement at a macro level, the Alliance is not at a micro level. It is not for the ordinary citizen living there.

The Federation is an obligate corporate kleptocracy and isn’t ashamed of it. At some point it’s sort of ‘democratic’ in that the people have a choice between multiple corporate chosen and sponsored candidates to govern them. The purpose of a corporation is to create wealth, not take care of the public good.

TLDR; If the Marlinists really wanted a democracy, they would have gone to an independent system.

Both Federation and Empire are very capitalistic. The Federation doesn't have a truly free market, because it's more cronyism. The Empire has a worse image of being stratified, oppressive due to the use of slaves and an unelected monarchy as rulers.

They could bring more attention to the Alliance in the lore. The bubble should be enlarged.

this.

and maybe "real" anarchy and not the propaganda version.

Maybe the problem isn't with the empire but that there aren't sufficient reasons to pass an unfavourable opinion on the others...at least not yet.
It's like the more you know, the more reasons to hate and why the empire is the prime target because they are always front and centre, especially when it comes to direct confrontations and how they handle them.
I don't think it's a bad thing as it's how i would expect them to act being arrogant and overbearing and all of that.
I'm sure it'll all work out in the end though.

Do you know what the Alliance is?

Yes its a loose group of differently minded people who all want a similar thing in at least one regard and all have different ideas about what being in the Alliance means and what it is.....and who dont project their idea onto others....adults realise the central text is just idealistic words.

Do you know what doctrine, dogmatism and fascism are?

The Empire are this game's cartoon villains.

Me, I'm an independent, beholden to no one except the ones signing my paychecks, so I don't much care unless they're doing something to hurt me personally, which they so far haven't.

Currently it's like a series of He-Man where every episode Skeletor challenges He-Man to a fist fight and loses instantly. Every. Single. Episode.
Hasn't always been like that. I remember the times, back in ancient days, where they were the plucky little upstarts who finally showed the Federation that they shouldn't and couldn't just rule the universe by birthright and kicked their butts even though they were badly outnumbered, but those days are apparently gone.

For a while. I see things happening in currently developments where, say, Aisling might not be such a nice, but hopeless, outsider. Don't discount FDev's ability to turn everything upside down, which would be fun. We already see it in the NMLA that the Feds so eagerly welcomed (doubtlessly to of the Empire) turning around to bite their new masters.

This ain't over.

Hasn't always been like that. ...

This ain't over.
I don't doubt it, but it's hard to show any enthusiasm for the cause when this is the sort of narrative that's taking place every week.

Even just a line about how "overtures to facilitate an Imperial investigation to the bomb-making factory were rebuffed and so the only option was to call for military backup" would have been fine. It may not have justified an "OK then. Invasion it is..." response, but would at least have shown a modicum of common sense.

Even just a line about how "overtures to facilitate an Imperial investigation to the bomb-making factory were rebuffed and so the only option was to call for military backup" would have been fine. It may not have justified an "OK then. Invasion it is..." response, but would at least have shown a modicum of common sense.

It would but it wouldnt be in character of the Imps, could get rid of slavery but it wouldnt be the same Empire. May be stuck with it. Its what the Empire is and what it stands for. arrogance and superiority, the Marlinists are the better ones to run the Empire if you want more players but are you / the Imps ready for that change if needed? Nobody outside the Empire likes the Duvals or Patreus, Aisling is a focus of ridicule, you cant just pass it on and expect a different result, you need a revolution to change your image.

Edit: Maybe Hadrian, I dont know enough about him.

It would but it wouldnt be in character of the Imps, could get rid of slavery but it wouldnt be the same Empire. May be stuck with it. Its what the Empire is and what it stands for. arrogance and superiority, the Marlinists are the better ones to run the Empire if you want more players but are you / the Imps ready for that change if needed? Nobody outside the Empire likes the Duvals or Patreus, Aisling is a focus of ridicule, you cant just pass it on and expect a different result, you need a revolution to change your image.

Edit: Maybe Hadrian, I dont know enough about him.
What about torval? She's supposed to be quite good at subtlety. I'd love to see her take more of the Forefront.

Top Bottom