Twitch Drops Cargo Breach

If you're running on a recent version of Windows 10, you can go to your Audio settings and redirect an app, including your browser (or alternative browser) to another audio output. So, if you have say an HDMI connection to your monitor, you can route the audio to that and leave the volume off on that.
View attachment 196628

wouldn't it be easier to turn down the volume in twitch?

wouldn't it be easier to turn down the volume in twitch?
Yep, but it seems you can't turn it off. You can also just turn the volume down for your browser in Windows too. Depends on if you're working on other stuff at the same time.

That doesn't let me log in with my PS4 email, only my PC account... I would have no idea what my password is on PS4 account.

Or are you saying I have to link my PS4 account to my PS4 account? Which will get the drops? LOL
I'm assuming that when the drops arrive they'll prompt you to log in through FDev's Authentication Service to link your Twitch account to your Frontier account.
https://auth.frontierstore.net/ - follow the prompts, PS4 players get the option to log in with your PSN ID.

That doesn't let me log in with my PS4 email, only my PC account... I would have no idea what my password is on PS4 account.

I'm not sure how you originally set yours up but I wouldn't expect anyone to be signing in with their PS4 / XBox IDs. When you first played Elite on the PS4 (assuming it was your very first platform) then it would have asked you to create a new Frontier account which although linked to your PSN ID, is a completely separate account and exists only on Frontier's servers. So I'd expect you to login with the same e-mail address / password that you specified when you created your Frontier account.

I don't have Elite up on a PS4 at the moment but I'm pretty sure the account screen shows you what e-mail address you have set for the Frontier account that you have linked to your PSN ID. So I'd take that the the Frontier web site, use the "forgot password" option, reset the password and then log into it.

This has been asked a couple of times but not answered from what I can see:

How do you go about linking Frontier to Twitch?

You don't and you can't until they send you the link and the only way that you get the link is by watching the stream. It's a messed up way of doing it but hey... FDev.

Or are you saying I have to link my PS4 account to my PC account? Which will get the drops? LOL.

It helps if you stop thinking of it as your "PC account" because it's not your PC account. It's your platform agnostic Frontier account which may be linked to PC, XBox or PlayStation.

As a complete newbie if you go to your twitch account go to settings then drops you can copy a link ?(not got ) and that links it . But i could be totally wrong !!!

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I'm not sure how you originally set yours up but I wouldn't expect anyone to be signing in with their PS4 / XBox IDs. When you first played Elite on the PS4 (assuming it was your very first platform) then it would have asked you to create a new Frontier account which although linked to your PSN ID, is a completely separate account and exists only on Frontier's servers. So I'd expect you to login with the same e-mail address / password that you specified when you created your Frontier account.

I don't have Elite up on a PS4 at the moment but I'm pretty sure the account screen shows you what e-mail address you have set for the Frontier account that you have linked to your PSN ID. So I'd take that the the Frontier web site, use the "forgot password" option, reset the password and then log into it.

Yeh you are right it was that long ago I've inadvertently unlinked my accounts now. Idiot I am. Not sure if I have messed it all up. I've submitted a support ticket.

Yeh you are right it was that long ago I've inadvertently unlinked my accounts now. Idiot I am. Not sure if I have messed it all up. I've submitted a support ticket.

It's probably worth trying to launch and enter Elite on the PlayStation as I can't imagine that it would allow you to play without an account linked. So if it behaved sensibly then when you try playing it again it should give you the chance to re-link your account.

This has been asked a couple of times but not answered from what I can see:

How do you go about linking Frontier to Twitch?

The FAQ on the Twitch page posted by @StuartGT implies its the other way round, you click on a link on the Channel and it connects you to Frontier. Whether that link is there now or only when the broadcast is set up Im not sure. The screenshots dont highlight the bit youre looking for and its not obvious, its just in the sub header text usually, Im assuming thats a link as its says it is in the FAQ even though it doesnt look like one in the screenshot....

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
It's probably worth trying to launch and enter Elite on the PlayStation as I can't imagine that it would allow you to play without an account linked. So if it behaved sensibly then when you try playing it again it should give you the chance to re-link your account.

Yeh just tried this and it's still allowing me to play and not deleted my save (thankfully, that would have hurt bad) but it doesn't ask me to relink. There seems no way to do this at the user end.

Purple Weapon colour is so Mace Windu.
The purple color was symbolic, indicating that the bearer had studied several forms of ... combat, including delving into the dark techniques ...

They did say there'll be more streams that'll have cargo drops. Including other elite dangerous partners streaming on twitch. So there might be one on a more appropriate time for you.

Top Bottom