Game Discussions Mass Effect remastered!

Mass Effect: Andromeda is a very nice game imho.
Disclaimers: I'm totally new to ME and I've never played FPS games much at all (probably no more than a few hours). I read several places that ME:A gets a lot of negative comments. But it looked very good in the videos and I wanted a game where you could walk around your ship and have crew that you interacted with so I took the plunge. I'm glad I did.

I know through many space game forums, there was a lot of disappointment with ME:3's ending. I haven't yet researched that so I can't comment. I know for me, ME:A is amazing to a non-FPS gamer like me. I always played map strategy games or combat simulators (a lot of combat sims). I'm having fun with ME:A so far. If my fun continues, I'll likely be looking at getting the remastered versions. GL HF

Disclaimers: I'm totally new to ME and I've never played FPS games much at all (probably no more than a few hours). I read several places that ME:A gets a lot of negative comments. But it looked very good in the videos and I wanted a game where you could walk around your ship and have crew that you interacted with so I took the plunge. I'm glad I did.

I know through many space game forums, there was a lot of disappointment with ME:3's ending. I haven't yet researched that so I can't comment. I know for me, ME:A is amazing to a non-FPS gamer like me. I always played map strategy games or combat simulators (a lot of combat sims). I'm having fun with ME:A so far. If my fun continues, I'll likely be looking at getting the remastered versions. GL HF
There are 8 different possible endings for ME:3

I never played ME:A, so I can't really judge if all the criticism it got was fair. I suspect some of it was similar to the relationship between the original Star Wars trilogy movies and the prequels/sequels there may be some fair points but some of the criticism is just because it's not quite what some expected.

Can't help but dream that you could launch ME1 and play through seamlessly through to the end of ME3...

Really can't see it but would be rather cool :)

I never played ME:A, so I can't really judge if all the criticism it got was fair. I suspect some of it was similar to the relationship between the original Star Wars trilogy movies and the prequels/sequels there may be some fair points but some of the criticism is just because it's not quite what some expected.
It had troubled development. The original plan wasn't feasible (procgen exploration e.g.). In the end a grunt stepped in and applied the formular of the "sister" game DA Inquisition and they scrambled together a working game that missed a bit in character, suffered from similar open world issues and had mediocre character cast. A couple ppl was anticipating the MP but that was badly balanced at launch and once they figured it out they cut support for the game, unleashed a wave of unlock dilation and that part quickly dimmed down to a very low level of audience.
The animation blunders and "My face is tired" - quote is the memeable part of the launch issues.

Well, my enjoyment of ME:A may be a thing of the past. EA locked my account for violating something in their user agreement. I read through that doc again after I got the notice and I did nothing against it. I've NEVER been banned from a game before. I sent a message to them through their system linked in their email notification. I hope they can tell me what the heck I did wrong. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
:love: Well it’s no secret that I absolutely love the trilogy, I just hope they will change the ending as that last one was not okay.

I have played each part of the trilogy 3 times, and when the remaster is worthy of its name, and if they include all DLC, I will definitely buy it and play all games again.

Has anybody here had issues with Origins/EA games locking or banning your accounts?
I've played computer games since the beginning of time and I've never been banned. I currently play a few games with various developers and none of them have ever been locked/banned.
Is this common with EA and Origins? Somewhere it said they would reply in 72 hours. I'm about half way there as of this typing. I'm glad I only spent 10 buckaroos with them. The time is fast approaching when I give them the middle one, uninstall and never look back. I probably got my 10 dollars worth already.
GL HF Commanders

Has anybody here had issues with Origins/EA games locking or banning your accounts?
I've played computer games since the beginning of time and I've never been banned. I currently play a few games with various developers and none of them have ever been locked/banned.
Is this common with EA and Origins? Somewhere it said they would reply in 72 hours. I'm about half way there as of this typing. I'm glad I only spent 10 buckaroos with them. The time is fast approaching when I give them the middle one, uninstall and never look back. I probably got my 10 dollars worth already.
GL HF Commanders
No, they are however frequently targetted by hacking. I guess that might be a cause.

Thanks NNE for the input. You may be correct. I did a quick 5 minute search with 2020 and months, and there are lots of stories about EA locking and blocking accounts. My account is only ~10 days old. I've done nothing different than I usually do on this computer and I have never been banned before. This weekend I'll uninstall everything unless I hear something from them. Thanks again.

I know I'm pounding this poor horse but I feel like others here at these forums, what I call my home forum need to know about things. I've read many posts on the web and on EAs website about accounts being banned/locked by EA. I also hear about EA being a target for hackers. It doesn't matter what's happening but apparently EA has issues and some customers get the axe unfairly. My account was only 2 weeks old. I played ME:A and played X4:F and did what I always do on-line. EA is the only game dev I've been banned by. So, I'll wait till the weekend and uninstall. Sad it is because I liked the game. ... GL HF

GL HF Commanders
I've had an EA play pro subscription (used to be Origin Access premiere on PC), plus quite a few EA titles I've downloaded and played via the subscription service since 2016. I haven't had any issues with my account at all during that time.

Saying that, I have read more than a few posts on their forum from folks with similar issues to yours, usually sorted out by customer support over a few days from what I can see. As much as EA are viewed as the bad boys of the game world...and with good reason...I certainly can't complain about the subscription service from my extended experience of it, it's always been excellent value for money for me as well as working as intended...

I've downloaded and played everything from the FIFA series since FIFA 15, all the Battlefield series since BF4, Star wars Battlefront 1 and 2, Star wars Squadrons and Jedi: Fallen order... plus a few non EA titles like a Plague Tale: Innocence from Asobo software (Developers of MSFS 2020) which are also available via the game vault... to a few games I tried for free on release but didn't like, Titanfall 2 and Anthem being a couple of those...so I do use the subscription service a fair bit.

The PC only EA Play Pro version costs me £85 per year...that's less than the cost of one of the Ultimate versions of any of the games I regularly download and play through the service, I couldn't ask for better value for money than that..

Last edited:
Kicked from a solo player game. That's a new one. Keep us posted.
Unfortunately, it's a prevalent issue with EA Play accounts (being an online subscription service) no matter what you play. I haven't had any issues with it like I mentioned in my post above...but there's plenty of reports and complaints from people that have.

Unfortunately, it's a prevalent issue with EA Play accounts (being an online subscription service) no matter what you play. I haven't had any issues with it like I mentioned in my post above...but there's plenty of reports and complaints from people that have.
Console? I pay nothing for an account. "pc" Interesting. Thank you.

Console? I pay nothing for an account. "pc" Interesting. Thank you.
PC for me...although I have an Xbox one X and Xbox live account as well and have had for over 10 years. The standard EA play subscription service is now free on the Xbox with MS gamepass ultimate, EA Play pro is only available on PC..

I quite like the available subscription services for PC titles though, I kinda do them all from MS Gamepass Ultimate to EA Play pro and Ubisoft Plus...I play a lot of games and the sub services work out much cheaper by far than buying them all ;)

Last edited:
You know that one of the ME3 endings had Shephard live?

I would love to see the Shephard story continued.

As a local negative nancy I will say - please dont destroy Sheppard. Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider, I don't need another lovable character obliterated by todays weird standards.

Top Bottom