Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

I love the app you made for elite. Would love a way to add more custom voices. Any plans for that? Do you have a public roadmap?

Hey Solange Matisse,

The app uses the TTS voices you have on Windows so it's up to us if we want to have extra ones unlocked and / or buy more.

To unlock all your W10 voices, here's a site which shows you how to do it o7

If anyone has other voices they've purchased for Elite G19s space chatter, I'd be interested in any suggestions as well :)

I also personally bought the TTS Amy to work with EDDI (disabled in Elite G19s though) as it uses the same voice as Voiceattack Astra, but it costs 40 euros from Harpo. I didn't mind the cost though, as it ties the voice control apps together and then Elite G19s uses all the W10 voices for chatter.

Last edited:
I just bought two voices from cereproc and installed, they show up as TTS voices in Settings, so presumably will work. TY for the tip.
Oh cool, thanks a lot for the info. After a few days and if you don't mind, would you let us know what you think of them and what ones you're using please? There's a lot of us who love the space chatter on this tool!

Fly safe

And don't forget you can install additional (free!) English voices in Windows too: Australian, Canadian, Indian, US and British English all have different voices. You will need to install the language packs first: look here. Don't forget to also install the associated speech pack. Then, see here for the steps to enable them in the app: EliteG19s Manual (Add More Voices).

The app uses a few filters to change tone and tempo of each voice so that even with a limited set of voices you will hear slightly different people. If you put the volume it may sound a bit unnatural sometimes, but as long as you keep the chatter as background noise, you'll probably won't notice it anymore after a few minutes :)

And don't forget you can install additional (free!) English voices in Windows too: Australian, Canadian, Indian, US and British English all have different voices. You will need to install the language packs first: look here. Don't forget to also install the associated speech pack. Then, see here for the steps to enable them in the app: EliteG19s Manual (Add More Voices).

The app uses a few filters to change tone and tempo of each voice so that even with a limited set of voices you will hear slightly different people. If you put the volume it may sound a bit unnatural sometimes, but as long as you keep the chatter as background noise, you'll probably won't notice it anymore after a few minutes :)

I use a pitch range of -1 to +1 and speed of 0 to 0. Changing speed was a bit much i found. Perhaps if there were smaller increments of speed it might be better, like a range of 0.5 to +0.5.

Greetings Commanders,
THESE STEPS ONLY CONCERNS WINDOWS 7 (may work on windows 8 as well, but needs testing)​
Please note this manipulation was done on 3 different computers by myself with no issue detected for a month now.

- For those like me willing to get more voices and still using Windows 7, there is a nice way, fairly simple (but please be cautious)
/!\ As you will need to alter windows registry, please not that this may be risky, and do not touch anything if you are not sure of your abilities. /!\

Pre-requisite: Download and Install Speech Platform Runtime Languages from:

and the Speech Platform v11 both 64 & 86 from:

There are many voices to choose from, although en-US ZiraPro and en-GB Hazel are both good English options.
Once you have selected voices, installed the Platform and voices, proceed to making them work :

0. Optional : Backup your registry, or if you are really unsure, please follow this tutorial : How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 7

1. Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech Server\v11.0\Voices" Click the Tokens folder and export.
Save this file to your desktop as "voices1.reg" so it will be easy to find and line up with later steps.

2. Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Speech Server\v11.0\Voices" select Tokens and again export.
Again save this file to your desktop. Call it "voices2.reg" for the same reason as above.

3. EDIT (right click, select edit) voices1.reg in notepad use the Replace function and replace \Speech Server\v11.0\ with \Speech\ (Just replace that section, leave rest intact)
It should read as such: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0] for Hazel example.

4. EDIT (right click, select edit) voices2.reg in notepad use the Replace function and replace \Speech Server\v11.0\ with \Speech\ (Just replace that section, leave rest intact)
It should read as such: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0] for Hazel example.
Save and close.

5. Copy the "LEX" keys over from the ANNA voice to the new tokens.
Seems some people did not need this but some did, and I did need it too.

6. Merge both of the files we just edited into the registry by double-clicking them and answering yes when prompted.

7. Check if all looks coherent with the following :
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
8. Reboot computer and enjoy it's new voices.

9. Bonus Tuning: if you wish a shorter name as I did just change the "Name" in the [Attributes]
again for Hazel example it should look like this :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0]
@="Microsoft Hazel - English (British)"
"809"="Microsoft Server Speech Text to Speech Voice (en-GB, Hazel)"
"CLSID"="BUNCH OF DATA"
"LangDataPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Speech\\Tokens\\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0\\MSTTSLocenGB.dat"
"VoicePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Speech\\Tokens\\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0\\HazelT"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0\Lex]
"CLSID"="BUNCH OF DATA"
"DataFile"=hex(2):BUNCH OF DATA

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\TTS_MS_en-GB_Hazel_11.0\Attributes]
"Age"="Adult"
"AudioFormats"="18"
"Gender"="Female"
"Language"="809"
"Name"="Microsoft Hazel"
"Vendor"="Microsoft"
"Version"="11.0"

/!\ Please note these voices are in 32 bits version and are forced via these registry values to work in 64 bits, this may produce some audio distortions occasionally (noticed it like 3-4 times in the last month), this had no effect on windows stability or the game or EliteG19 itself so far /!\

Last edited:
Argh... can't login in to frontier developments... via steam or directly on frontier. same issue as page 49 "Nilt".
Your app looks so awesome...
I'm having the exact same problem. I go to put my login credentials in, do the little captcha verification thing, and then it takes me right back to the login. I've tried the signing in with epic option, as well as the frontier login. And I don't know if it's related or not, but the companion app never updates any of my info like where I'm at or my plot route itinerary.

Maurits Good sir.
I have still not been able to get the Hue Effects to work. I was digging again today and got this log file. Any ideas?

Attachments

• log.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 199
I've been using this app with the Logitech ARX on a separate tablet for a couple of years now and it doesn't disappoint. I just wanted to share a experience I just went through in case any of you have the same problem. Just this week my gaming computer had a catastrophic failure after a couple failed window's updates. I ended up reloading windows and then the fun began. But to this discussion I lost the ability to see this program on the ARX app on my tablet. I remembered the Logitech software had just updated prior to my computer crashing. The Logitech software would not allow the eliteg19s to piggyback to the ARX app. I couldn't find any setting in GHUB. I ended up going to Logitech software support and downloading a earlier version from 2018. Now it works! Unsure what's going to happen when I upgrade Logitech GHUB back to the latest version.

MagicMau you are scaring us.Where are you?
Sorry about that, didn't mean to get you scared! Happy New Year :) It's been a hectic few months lately, so I haven't had much time to work on the app. But good news, I think I have solved the authentication issue. Well, almost, the fix also meant I had to redo a part of the Spotify interface, which of course broke some other things...

But, it's starting to look good. I should have an update out soon, apologies for the delay!

I've been using this app with the Logitech ARX on a separate tablet for a couple of years now and it doesn't disappoint. I just wanted to share a experience I just went through in case any of you have the same problem. Just this week my gaming computer had a catastrophic failure after a couple failed window's updates. I ended up reloading windows and then the fun began. But to this discussion I lost the ability to see this program on the ARX app on my tablet. I remembered the Logitech software had just updated prior to my computer crashing. The Logitech software would not allow the eliteg19s to piggyback to the ARX app. I couldn't find any setting in GHUB. I ended up going to Logitech software support and downloading a earlier version from 2018. Now it works! Unsure what's going to happen when I upgrade Logitech GHUB back to the latest version.

Yeah, the GHUB doesn't support the LCD screens anymore it seems, but you can install it side by side with the old LGS software and that should work!

Top Bottom