COMPLETED CG Deliver Xenological Samples for the Holloway Bioscience Institute in Colonia

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Colonia
Station: Jaques Station (Orbis Starport, large pads available, 1,577 Ls from main star, 22,000 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Pod Core Tissue, Pod Dead Tissue, Pod Mesoglea, Pod Outer Tissue, Pod Surface Tissue, Pod Shell Tissue or Pod Tissue
Time limit: 14th January 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
The Holloway Bioscience Institute in Colonia is offering high payouts for delivering samples from space-dwelling lifeforms. Jaques Station, which is also in the Colonia system, has agreed to serve as the delivery point for this initiative.

Chief researcher Dr Roy Casimir outlined the requirements:
There is still a huge amount to learn about the fascinating structures that grow within the vacuum of space. As our stock of specimens is running low, we require fresh tissue samples from living organisms to continue our experimentation programme.

Pilots are requested to deliver Pod Core Tissue, Pod Dead Tissue, Pod Mesoglea, Pod Outer Tissue, Pod Surface Tissue, Pod Shell Tissue or Pod Tissue to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.

If successful, decals will be rewarded to the top 75% of participants by the 15th of January 3307.
Each successful tier will provide the Holloway Bioscience Institute with enough material and data to establish one experimental habitat for space-dwelling lifeforms in a nearby system, enabling it to further its studies.
The initiative begins on the 7th of January 3307 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

To earn rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Pod Core Tissue, Pod Dead Tissue, Pod Mesoglea, Pod Outer Tissue, Pod Surface Tissue, Pod Shell Tissue or Pod Tissue to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Jaques Station is orbiting planet 4
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Technology Broker
  • Prices at Jaques Station:
    • Pod Core Tissue: 47,800 Cr/T
    • Pod Dead Tissue: 133,610 Cr/T
    • Pod Mesoglea: 270,090 Cr/T
    • Pod Outer Tissue: 72,100 Cr/T
    • Pod Surface Tissue: 288,190 Cr/T
    • Pod Shell Tissue: 519,200 Cr/T
    • Pod Tissue: 125,460 Cr/T
Top 75% - Bronze
100Bronze.JPG

Top 50% - Silver
50Silver.JPG

Top 25% (inc Top 10%) - Gold
25Gold.JPG

Top 10 Commanders - Emmissive
10Emmisive.JPG
Latest status
Last updated: 14 January 10.00 UTC - finished, timer expired

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 317,023 tonnes delivered
Contributors: 539
Reward Tier: 4/5
Global Reward:
None listed
Top 10 CMDRs: 200,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 150,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 120,00,000 CR
Top 50%: 77,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 34,000,000CR
Top 100%: 8,000,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited:
Nice!

Each successful tier will provide the Holloway Bioscience Institute with enough material and data to establish one experimental habitat for space-dwelling lifeforms in a nearby system, enabling it to further its studies.
Errrm, wat?

(And any pics of the decal pls :) )

And some advice for those taking part : Bring multiple Research Limpet Controllers, as you'll want to be sampling more than one at a time - it ain't fast ;)

Finally: Anyone offering lifts out there? :D

Last edited:
Heh, an interesting surprise. Back when the IGAU Inverness's expedition ended last August, we delivered 327 T of samples, from nearly all kinds, to the Holloway Institute. (It wasn't the main focus of the carrier's expedition, but a fun secondary objective.) That didn't have any noticeable effect on the BGS or anything then.
Now I'll be curious about how many tonnes get delivered in total.

To be frank though, running this for only one week sounds like a recipe for disappointment. Ideally, you'd want a fleet carrier going out, and folks harvesting for those... especially since I misread the types, and there aren't any pods close by the nebula, so players will have to venture farther out.

I hope you're right, but I think those are Molluscs ...
Yeah, I was wrong, because I misread some of the sample types. I think the best way to do this would be to load up on pod samples near the bubble, at the Trifid nebula, and then fly to Colonia.

But hey, Frontier, if there are any undiscovered pods closer by, now might be an excellent time to use that Rumours feature in the Codex ;)

Octahedral pods can also be harvested, and IIRC collared pods as well. Still not near Colonia, of course, but not as far as the edge either.
Hmm, I see Collared Pods (which are near the bubble) as sampleable. Don't think I tried octos :) Not in Colonia region AFAIK though

This is interesting - the pod samples are available from these Bio I think : Gyre Pods, Quadripartite Pods, and Rhizome Pod - none are known anywhere near Colonia

Gyre pods are only at the extreme galactic rim. I don't think the others are very close either.
This is going to be a weird CG, then.

Mollusc samples, sure, that'd just be a case of grabbing some limpet controllers and getting to work on the local wildlife.

Pods? Unless someone discovers something new near Colonia soon... what, send out a carrier, load it up as much as fuel allows, bring it back? You'd need a proper mining team to keep it fuelled as well...

15000 LY to the nearest source would be a day's round trip for a carrier even at maximum efficiency. Not using a carrier would be quicker, but then its a 30kLY round trip for a couple of hundred tonnes a time...

Meanwhile on the targets, 500kT would be a fair chunk of our local capacity for a trade CG with commodities available at the click of a button locally. It'd be an ambitious target for a mining CG for local goods (and pre-DW2 a record-breaking one) even in the bubble.

I might start loading up my carrier with mollusc bits in case they change their mind.

Yeah, octahedral pods can be sampled - they are better known for the Void Hearts, the trees which are tied to them. I suppose that they might be the closest ones to Colonia... at 14,500 ly... yikes.

Aha, so its thats why to "establish one experimental habitat for space-dwelling lifeforms in a nearby system". They are far away now. Fleet carrier CG.

Yeah, octahedral pods can be sampled - they are better known for the Void Hearts, the trees which are tied to them. I suppose that they might be the closest ones to Colonia... at 14,500 ly... yikes.

Closest ones we know. But what if there are still undiscovered NSPs nearby? Put in with todays weekly tick. Just a guess. For an exploration CG.

Pods? Unless someone discovers something new near Colonia soon... what, send out a carrier, load it up as much as fuel allows, bring it back? You'd need a proper mining team to keep it fuelled as well...
I think as Marx pointed out - Collared pods from the Trifid Nebula would be best - then head to Colonia & unload. But sampling is not fast, and most aren't set up to do it, so filling even one FC will be difficult. And people risk missing out on the unloading.

500k samples to complete = < 100 FC. Seems a lot.

There's also that even with multiple limpet controllers, harvesting the samples takes quite a long while. Filling up a carrier's hold with samples would take large amounts of people. I'd wager that doing it just for one carrier would require a concentrated push from a large squadron - and they would have one week to organise and execute it.

I'll be quite curious to see what the final CG thresholds will be. To be blunt, completing the goal with 500,000 samples in one week seems hopeless.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom