General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Do not count on collective immunity in 2021, warns WHO.

Massive vaccination campaigns, in the face of the galloping progression of Covid-19, will not be enough to guarantee collective immunity in 2021, WHO warned on Monday.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
Rumour Is, there are vaccines, with a 'use-buy-date'. They only lasts for 'X' months, for example.

Do not count on collective immunity in 2021, warns WHO.

Massive vaccination campaigns, in the face of the galloping progression of Covid-19, will not be enough to guarantee collective immunity in 2021, WHO warned on Monday.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

It is a race.

However after winter is passed, infection rates will be less. And we should not neglect simple natural immunity as more of us recover. Maybe 10% population might be immune already. Hard to predict outcome. Deaths may fall fast as the right people get vaccinated first, the ones most likely to get sick.

Ford closes 3 last plants and leaves Brazil, 5000 jobs gone, because of pandemic depressing sales.

Dr. Osterholm from USA confirms science will be followed in future vaccine schedules there. He's on the Covid 19 advisory panel for the new administration.

Trinidad cannot source vaccines sufficient for the population.
Chinese vaccine being considered. Program to "start in March".

It is a race.

However after winter is passed, infection rates will be less. And we should not neglect simple natural immunity as more of us recover. Maybe 10% population might be immune already. Hard to predict outcome. Deaths may fall fast as the right people get vaccinated first, the ones most likely to get sick.

well, as long as new varieties aren't more lethal or harmful, greater infection rate is still bad but not the worst that can happen, because at least it will speed natural immunity up. if anything it should motivate people to get vaccinated.

if nothing drastically changes at some point people will be still dying from this but no one will speak about it nor will it make any headlines, and everything else will try to get back to business as usual. there are two forces that are converging: the virus will be running out of hosts (actual danger decreasing), and people will have got used to it (perceived safety and confidence increasing), tired and fed up and not giving a toss. i expect that point to be reached before the seasonal waves of autumn/winter 2021.

if nothing drastically changes. if a few more of these things show up or this one undergoes a really nasty mutation it could still be the end of our world.

Little bit more on aspirin:

(Not sure if we covered this obvious stuff before)
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YhA64eFCDL0

Not everybody can take aspirin.

For most people general guidelines might include-
If you have been exposed to a coronavirus infection, and are still OK/at home, useful steps are... actual steps.
Walking vigorously for 15 minutes twice a day will shift white cells off your blood vessel walls, increasing innate immunity. It also prevents leg clots.
Drinking enough water reduces viscousity in blood, reducing clots.
Consuming leafy greens like spinach dilates arteries, reducing clots from blocking off flow. Yes this is a same HOUR effect. Similar effect with the flaxseed, normal dose is 2 tablespoons spread out over a day. Science on that is well established.

You would want to avoid a high fat intake, that makes coagulation go up. Biggest problem with keto approach at the moment.

There are other more dubious ideas like contrast showers. Yes, the biology is plausible, no there's no evidence at all. Sleeping for a straight 8 to 9 hours can really help immune responses, so that's worthwhile. Previously covered on Medcram.

Simple stuff. Big impact. Should be done all the time as our main regular killers are the clotting diseases strokes, and heart attacks.
Don't quote things as advice, that affects peoples health and possibly mortality, when it's obvious by reading through your statement that you have no idea on the subject.

This comment:
You would want to avoid a high fat intake, that makes coagulation go up
Demonstrates a lack of knowledge. That's not how it works. Stop giving out bad advice.

Great news for the planet and the environment. (y)

Hopefully there will be even more bankruptcy in this industry all over the world. (n)

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

that's a temporary consolation at best. good news indeed, but owners and shareholders won't bat an eyelid and will be eager to up the environment at the next occasion, and some other people will be suddenly out of a job.

we really need sustainable industry, not put our hopes in natural disasters.

Don't quote things as advice, that affects peoples health and possibly mortality, when it's obvious by reading through your statement that you have no idea on the subject.

This comment:

Demonstrates a lack of knowledge. That's not how it works. Stop giving out bad advice.

LOL
:D

What did they teach at YOUR Medical School?

Go read son.

Edit-
You can go ahead and search anything stated above in the original post. There's literally decades of research behind those statements. Or if you like I can link you to the last Medcram video on the matter but felt it was too in depth for here. Yes, I am qualified in this field, and my statements are limited to what is provable, AFAIK. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it.

Last edited:
well, as long as new varieties aren't more lethal or harmful, greater infection rate is still bad but not the worst that can happen, because at least it will speed natural immunity up. if anything it should motivate people to get vaccinated.

if nothing drastically changes at some point people will be still dying from this but no one will speak about it nor will it make any headlines, and everything else will try to get back to business as usual. there are two forces that are converging: the virus will be running out of hosts (actual danger decreasing), and people will have got used to it (perceived safety and confidence increasing), tired and fed up and not giving a toss. i expect that point to be reached before the seasonal waves of autumn/winter 2021.

if nothing drastically changes. if a few more of these things show up or this one undergoes a really nasty mutation it could still be the end of our world.

As far as number of deaths and strain on health care systems go, greater transmissibility is worse than a similar increase in lethality:

Was feeling the same way till Morbad posted that math. :(
We have fairly good control here, but once that hits us - it's a new ball game.

Wife caught me staring at that graph, and asked me what I was going to do about it.
Like there's some kind of plan or something. Or like I'm the WHO. I can't even get everybody at my own hospital to do the MMR thing.

We are all running up against our limits now. If anybody has a good idea what to do, this is the time.
Maybe ONE geographic variant could have been controlled, but not 3. This 501 mutant is going to be the new version everywhere, in due course.

Was feeling the same way till Morbad posted that math. :(
We have fairly good control here, but once that hits us - it's a new ball game.

Wife caught me staring at that graph, and asked me what I was going to do about it.
Like there's some kind of plan or something. Or like I'm the WHO. I can't even get everybody at my own hospital to do the MMR thing.

We are all running up against our limits now. If anybody has a good idea what to do, this is the time.
Maybe ONE geographic variant could have been controlled, but not 3. This 501 mutant is going to be the new version everywhere, in due course.

Your other half has a point which I think you missed. She's not asking you to save the world and be a one man WHO. She's saying don't sweat what you can't do anything about, do your bit and worry about your patients and concentrate on doing the good you can do. Being aware of the big picture is a good thing, don't confuse it with something you can directly change.

Which is all any of us can do.

that's a temporary consolation at best. good news indeed, but owners and shareholders won't bat an eyelid and will be eager to gently caress up the environment at the next occasion, and some other people will be suddenly out of a job.

we really need sustainable industry, not put our hopes in natural disasters.
Yes, still a long way to go.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

As far as number of deaths and strain on health care systems go, greater transmissibility is worse than a similar increase in lethality:

true that. it's curious that i just fell for the same misconception most people did back in february last year ... while i personally didn't back then. i guess i've gotten overconfident. it's ironic because that's what i was describing. for now healthcare system more or less copes where i live and people are becoming more confident, including me :D

The "Mimetic desire" makes some skeptics change their minds.

Around the world, more and more people are getting vaccinated of their own accord. In behavioral science, this is called "Adoption of the norm".

It's "I want to be like the other because I envy him".

This feeling is also accompanied by a fear of regret:

"I'm afraid I'll be the only one left behind if I don't do like the others".

------

Below is an interesting American article (the above words do not come from this American article, but from a French article only available for payment :) )

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

Last edited:

Around the world, more and more people are getting vaccinated of their own accord. In behavioral science, this is called "Adoption of the norm".

------

Below is an interesting American article (the above words do not come from this American article, but from a French article only available for payment :) )

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

Herd mentality at the start nobody wants to be first, then it switches to nobody wants to be last because those are the dangerous positions. Hopefully if it pans out that way we'll actually be able to achieve herd immunity via vaccination.

------

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷
Most humans, basically, have a sheep mentality.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom