Guardians Discussions

Apparently the commanders who are still activly searching for guardian stuff are doing so in silence. Otherwise it would have made headlines (or I just didnt notice it because I am not a robot) that there are guardian ruins in the GRAEA HYPUE sector, 13k ly towards SAGA* (at -642 which is odd as well). There is no nebula, just space.

There are now 184 sites listed
and
335 ruins, lots of new entries.

I am turning stones at the wrong places....

just noticed that one of the new entries is a system I have come across in 2018. For some reason I never scanned it (or sold the data?). Maybe I died and forgot about it...

4r2js5.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the commanders who are still activly searching for guardian stuff are doing so in silence. Otherwise it would have made headlines (or I just didnt notice it because I am not a robot) that there are guardian ruins in the GRAEA HYPUE sector, 13k ly towards SAGA* (at -642 which is odd as well). There is no nebula, just space.

There are now 184 sites listed
and
335 ruins, lots of new entries.

I am turning stones at the wrong places....

just noticed that one of the new entries is a system I have come across in 2018. For some reason I never scanned it (or sold the data?). Maybe I died and forgot about it...

View attachment 200633
These are part of the 2nd major bubble - centred on Hen 2-333.

See the last couple of pages where it’s discussed in various posts.

Various reasons why it wasn’t headline news.

FD should be aware that it’s been found - I told the CMs. (Both last year’s and the new set.) On that topic, I don’t think the discovery of any of the other Guardian areas has ever been announced in-game. Not sure why!

Cmdr mapu51dan here, I have been in the search for gaurdian stuff a long time, me and my good friend Guru-951, pretty much combed the whole area around and close to, regor sector, the gaurdian bubble, thier home world would be GammaV, since its a WR, 1 and 2 it's nice and hot for them, they liked heat, not like the goids.
The cete entry was an interesting one at that, went out there too many times to count, literally found nothing, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I mean given how many jumps back they said, we where sure that we had fallen into this world that took over the ships pa system. Have you tried to decyper the symbols on thier objects? Has anything come of the cmdr who recorded musical notes from the obolisks?
I have a bunch of theories as to what happened and where they are, but the permit lock kinda defeats the point of discovering more about them.

These are part of the 2nd major bubble - centred on Hen 2-333.

See the last couple of pages where it’s discussed in various posts.

Various reasons why it wasn’t headline news.

FD should be aware that it’s been found - I told the CMs. (Both last year’s and the new set.) On that topic, I don’t think the discovery of any of the other Guardian areas has ever been announced in-game. Not sure why!
I had no idea there were so many sites. was at COL 173 where there was a similar structure to get the FSD booster. I completed the towers only when I tried to drop the relic it would not take it?? I tried a bunch of ways to get it close but I finally gave up, does anyone know how to complete that one?

I had no idea there were so many sites. was at COL 173 where there was a similar structure to get the FSD booster. I completed the towers only when I tried to drop the relic it would not take it?? I tried a bunch of ways to get it close but I finally gave up, does anyone know how to complete that one?

Some Guardian ruins contain vessel blueprints and require an Ancient Key to unlock instead of a Relic. Maybe you were at one of these?

Some Guardian ruins contain vessel blueprints and require an Ancient Key to unlock instead of a Relic. Maybe you were at one of these?
Ancient Key? I dont think I have run up to that one yet. I basically was the same layout as the FSB build only bigger base.

Are finding newly discovered brain tree locations still a thing?
Got a friend that has discovered some, but not sure if these info are useful to any researchers out there.

Are finding newly discovered brain tree locations still a thing?
Got a friend that has discovered some, but not sure if these info are useful to any researchers out there.

Canonn still compiles these (I think) but it's hard to say if those locations will change once the Odyssey changes go live. Since Horizons planets will also be affected you can't assume that things will stay the same.

Canonn still compiles these (I think) but it's hard to say if those locations will change once the Odyssey changes go live. Since Horizons planets will also be affected you can't assume that things will stay the same.
Yeah, I googled a bit and it seems like they collect the data from EDMC + Canonn addon, just installed it and told my friend about it, hope that helps whatever way those researchers are onto.
I assume Odyssey won't change any of the current known landable planets, they're probably just going to select a lot of non-landables or permit locked regions for further contents.

I assume Odyssey won't change any of the current known landable planets, they're probably just going to select a lot of non-landables or permit locked regions for further contents.

The new planetary tech will definitely change the surfaces of a landable planets. We haven't yet seen what (if any) effect that'll have on the location of existing sites, but at least the terrain is likely to be pretty different.

The new planetary tech will definitely change the surfaces of a landable planets. We haven't yet seen what (if any) effect that'll have on the location of existing sites, but at least the terrain is likely to be pretty different.
Does that mean that looking for more Guardian stuff is kind of pointless right now? I'm brand new to the game, and the Guardian aspect of the game has me hooked. But, if nothing is likely to be released until after Odyssey, feels kind of pointless to dive into right now.

Does that mean that looking for more Guardian stuff is kind of pointless right now?
Though nobody can guarantee anything, I would say the Thargoid / Guardians / Raxxla and most of the lores are huge puzzles, which requires a lot of people and down to surface archaeology to crack the egg, the research group Canonn are opened to all (Though I still don't know how they coordinate their work and how they communicate, other than finding that they have reddit and a website showing some discoveries, and a database website)
So I'd suggest you reach contact with them and discuss what they've found out, what they're on to, and how you could make your part on revealing a huge galactic mystery.

It is unlikely that they'll tweak the game because of a DLC release, which will manipulate some of the fundamental lore's of Elite.

Though nobody can guarantee anything, I would say the Thargoid / Guardians / Raxxla and most of the lores are huge puzzles, which requires a lot of people and down to surface archaeology to crack the egg, the research group Canonn are opened to all (Though I still don't know how they coordinate their work and how they communicate, other than finding that they have reddit and a website showing some discoveries, and a database website)
So I'd suggest you reach contact with them and discuss what they've found out, what they're on to, and how you could make your part on revealing a huge galactic mystery.
Funny you should mention Canonn.......I'm already registered and everything with them (planning on jumping with The Gnosis here in a couple hours). The moment I heard of them, my only reaction was "Yes please."

I was simply led here as I was diving into this.

Yeah, sorry about that stereotype.
As you mentioned you're brand new to the game, I thought you wouldn't have heard of them yet.
Well, that's cool, it'll be great if you could teach me a thing or two about how their communication systems work, I'm getting a bit old and google is not helping me to reach them.
(Likely I'm just using the wrong methods)

Yeah, sorry about that stereotype.
As you mentioned you're brand new to the game, I thought you wouldn't have heard of them yet.
Well, that's cool, it'll be great if you could teach me a thing or two about how their communication systems work, I'm getting a bit old and google is not helping me to reach them.
(Likely I'm just using the wrong methods)
You're good. I am brand new, having started playing just this week.....haven't even logged 100 hours into the game yet. It's just that I was already aware of the game's steep learning curve, and took a pretty deep nosedive into everything that could teach me more about the game.

As for communication, it seems like Discord is their primary means of communication right now. Their website, while still totally functional, might be a bit outdated and behind on emerging news. For example, I tried getting to The Gnosis last night, and the website sent me to an entirely different star system than where it was actually located. It wasn't until tonight that I realized that their website updated to the correct system......probably because of me.

Does that mean that looking for more Guardian stuff is kind of pointless right now? I'm brand new to the game, and the Guardian aspect of the game has me hooked. But, if nothing is likely to be released until after Odyssey, feels kind of pointless to dive into right now.

I don't think so. It's hard to imagine that the bodies where these sites are located will change. But when it comes to biological sites I'm very curious to see if their number on a world changes. It probably doesn't have to - I've seen Brain Trees growing on cliff faces already - but the new terrain is going to have some kind of effect on the bio sites.

Top Bottom