The Community

Of course that is your choice and how you choose to play. However we can celebrate many examples of how important a Community feel is to lots of players of this game, on this very forum, and in the weekly streams that Frontier's Community Managers do every week.

I for one believe the game would be nothing without The Community behind it.
right but the community is not exclusive to in-game and that wont get fractured
I assume the forum didn't get fractured when Horizons was released (yes it was more about choice not to have it but 50% didn't)
those live streams will still go on and people with an interest will still watch em, even more when they do those drops

right but the community is not exclusive to in-game and that wont get fractured
I assume the forum didn't get fractured when Horizons was released (yes it was more about choice not to have it but 50% didn't)
those live streams will still go on and people with an interest will still watch em, even more when they do those drops

Brett gave it a good try with his overlapping sub-forums.

To be honest, I'm not fussed about consoles, I'm quite happy to see it release first on my preferred platform, even if it means I have to wait longer for it on my Series S.

Nonsense. Releasing Odyssey on PC before it is released on consoles will not fracture the community any more than it was “fractured” for all the years you could have ED with Horizons or without Horizons.

There is no reason to delay the PC release just so you can launch at the same time as consoles, especially as people have now given money for the pre-order. They’ve probably known since before the holidays that it would be delayed on consoles, which is why there was no pre-order there.

That being said, with delays happening now I sure hope they at least start releasing a LOT more information on Odyssey than they have been so far. Gameplay videos as well.

Nonsense. Releasing Odyssey on PC before it is released on consoles will not fracture the community any more than it was “fractured” for all the years you could have ED with Horizons or without Horizons.

Again, secularising the community into camps based on platform preference and using past experiences of that happening is to me an out of date point of view.

Solidarity. Solidarity.

It's a shame console users are having to wait longer. Really it is.

But "fracturing the community"...?

I couldn't give a
N1bK.gif

I for one believe the game would be nothing without The Community behind it.
Of course it would ..... Elite 1, 2, 3 managed it just fine. Don't get me wrong there are bits of the MP I quite like but the game has lost more than it has gained imo by pandering to the community
It is what it is but asking FD to delay a potentially finished DLC (yeah I know as if it will be finished ,even at launch). But asking for that in a game where you can't even play together is taking the Mick.

Without MP FD would have been forced to flesh out the npcs much more..... Now THAT I would like

There is no cross play.
We are already fractured.
I figured at this point console gamers would already realize they're always going to be behind the curve, this is no different than everything else, except console-to-pc ports.

You still have to purchase Odyssey in order to access it in Alpha or Beta, or indeed when it goes live.

I get that it's easy to dismiss others, and the groups that have flourished, that's a valid choice - blaze your own trail - and also the nature of Internet and most online forums.
Indeed one does have to purchase Odyssey in order to access it...
Will the entire 'Community' purchase it the moment they are able?

I support this idea of delaying the game release on pc until the plebians can join in on the fun.

I'd also like a full apology for Frontier releasing ED and ED Horizons on pc before they even considered making the game available on Xbox and PS4.
Come on now what about VR users

. Delay the whole thing until PCVR users can play the game in full! After all they are paid users too ;)

You still have to purchase Odyssey in order to access it in Alpha or Beta, or indeed when it goes live.
Yes, and I would imagine a priority right now for FDev is to get the PC version out to entice all the Epic freebie Cmdrs to shell out some cash before the 'next thing' entices their wallets away.
Community stuff helps the business thrive. Sales definitely help the business.

Again, secularising the community into camps based on platform preference and using past experiences of that happening is to me an out of date point of view.

Solidarity. Solidarity.

It will still be just as “fractured” by people who buy Odyssey vs those that don’t. Obviously the game is built to still be playable without it as it is an optional expansion.

Top Bottom