What other games are we all playing?

I've eventually given in and bought GTA 5...again (on sale at R*). That's the third time. I bought it originally on initial release for the Xbox 360, again on Xbox one a few months later with the added multiplayer and first person mode... and now finally on PC...I should have bloody shares in Rockstar :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've eventually given in and bought GTA 5...again (on sale at R*). That's the third time. I bought it originally on initial release for the Xbox 360, again on Xbox one a few months later with the added multiplayer and first person mode... and now finally on PC...I should have bloody shares in Rockstar :rolleyes:
:D

is Ok 😊

I almost went that route but lucked out. Was one of the x360 players who R* took pity on after M$ dumped on us. Back when gamers were caught in M$ transition to XB1. Took their offer for that free, one time character transfer from console to PC. Haven't looked back since. I've always made it personal policy to buy the PC version of any title since. That's the last time I would ever allow the likes of any AAA producer like M$ to shag me ☹️

:D

is Ok 😊

I almost went that route but lucked out. Was one of the x360 players who R* took pity on after M$ dumped on us. Back when gamers were caught in M$ transition to XB1. Took their offer for that free, one time character transfer from console to PC. Haven't looked back since. I've always made it personal policy to buy the PC version of any title since. That's the last time I would ever allow the likes of any AAA producer like M$ to shag me ☹
I have a few doubles and trebles in my games list from Xbox to PC...Elite and Horizons, RDR2, the Witcher 3, GR Wildlands, the Division, Skyrim, AC titles up to and including Black Flag, Mass Effect trilogy...there's more, but you get the gist. I played on Xbox for a good few years, just couldn't do without most of these :D

Fortunately now...a good few of them are included in one or other of the sub services I pay for (EA Play pro/Ubisoft Connect+/ MS Gamepass Ultimate) ;)

Last edited:
Lance, I had to +1 you above because you gave us a wonderful image when we open page 280 of this thread. Thank you.
... but to answer the ? for the x_ time, right now I'm playing ME:A (fingers crossed) and NMS ... and X4F. Having lots of fun with all.
Happy New Years belated to all

My Traveller Campaign is being edited, and a re-write is in the works. Everyone needs an editor. Sometimes it feels like being shredded by a ZSU-23. It's a hard, painful lesson to learn. :(

Our D&D game is now using a 15th revision of the house rules. To say that this is a slightly fanatical effort to get the game right is an understatement. Our group consists of 30+ year lifer grongards, and it's hard to impress, and easy to fail.

My Traveller Campaign is being edited, and a re-write is in the works. Everyone needs an editor. Sometimes it feels like being shredded by a ZSU-23. It's a hard, painful lesson to learn. :(

Our D&D game is now using a 15th revision of the house rules. To say that this is a slightly fanatical effort to get the game right is an understatement. Our group consists of 30+ year lifer grongards, and it's hard to impress, and easy to fail.
I started my kids on 5th edition D&D almost three years ago and I'm sure glad I did. It was hard at first because of their young ages (7/9/11 respectively at the time) but now they are seasoned vets and my eldest is now running a campaign as the DM. We play twice a week for a couple hours and I'm thrilled to be actually raising future neck beard sporting grognards of my own 😂

WHOOOP! This old school playlist made its way back to the top of my YT favs this afternoon. Ballard of Gay Tony DLC Nostalgia hit me hard when I played it. :love: Don't know what music I was listening to that triggered it in the YT algorithm lol. Regardless, instantly bookmarked and listened to it the entire commute back home. Just got back and firing up my dusty pre-SSD HD with my heavily modded GTA IV. Some of the best music in GTA was in GTA IV and SA IMO. :D

Dark, if you're seeing this and looking for a solid, filling, finger lickin' good and cheap, title to play, consider reinstalling and playing GTA IV. I just discovered Steam's carrying this (not exclusive to R* as I've always assumed). Anyways, if you don't have the base (why??) and/or all DLC, now is your chance. You can get the base game with all 3 DLC for just $20 USD on Steam!

And if you're using mods: then yes at minimum install the Viva NY mod. I forgot how incredibly game changing this amazing texture mod completely altered the realism of the gaming experience. :love:

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmTpHN3tdh8

Last edited:
I'm back at KSP for weeks :eek:

Playing a career save on 1.11 only with the stockalike station parts mod, hyperedit to test things, and mechjeb (gravity turns get old fast)

Unlocked the whole techtree with Mun and Minmus, and some leftover science from Gilly.

Placed some nice com relais.

Dropped a two part refuel base in Duna orbit, with a nuke miner/refiner for Ike and a lander for Duna.

Currently I'm building an eve return vessel, to get my crew of three back I dropped there with a base.

After that I'm gonna put more relais, fuel depots and miner/refiners in Moho's and Dres' orbit.

Then Jool5 is the final boss.

So much to do :oops:😁

I'm back at KSP for weeks :eek:

Playing a career save on 1.11 only with the stockalike station parts mod, hyperedit to test things, and mechjeb (gravity turns get old fast)

Unlocked the whole techtree with Mun and Minmus, and some leftover science from Gilly.

Placed some nice com relais.

Dropped a two part refuel base in Duna orbit, with a nuke miner/refiner for Ike and a lander for Duna.

Currently I'm building an eve return vessel, to get my crew of three back I dropped there with a base.

After that I'm gonna put more relais, fuel depots and miner/refiners in Moho's and Dres' orbit.

Then Jool5 is the final boss.

So much to do :oops:😁
I'm honestly having a hard time picturing you playing something besides ED 😂

Hehe I know I know.

But before ED I spent at least two thousand hours on KSP.
I wasn't in game for weeks I guess, needed something else to do and my broken joystick isn't helping either.

Guess when Odyssey hits I'll be hooked again, but until then (or until I get bored) it's Kerbal time 🥳
I played ED to the exclusion of all else for years, racking up over 4000 hours or something ridiculous. I remember when I finally set aside the controls all my ED PvP discord pals thought I'd lost my mind and all my Steam friends were disbelieving to see me playing something different for a change.

Speaking of Odyssey & joysticks (and PvP) how do you reckon it will control? Do you think serious competitors will be forced to use a mouse?

Finally got around to installing Minecraft Java ed for Steam. It was one of my Bucket List of Games to-do list for ever. As I was installing it, I began surfing YT for Minecraft playthrough videos. Then this vid popped up on my YT feed. It become frightening the extent to which Google has perfected the art of trolling and stalking its victims customers based on their preferences everywhere on the web 🤯

The following video is funny and very informative for a n00b like me who has never played Minecraft. I had no idea the extent of ferocity those kiddie keyboard warrior trolls possessed. Or the extent of Ark-esque Survival type of possessive mindset that existed in Minecraft. I always assumed Minecraft players (being mostly PvE minded) were some of the nicest care bear gamers online. Until I ran into this vid. Guess I was wrong o_O

In video, the clearly distressed (and high pitched sounding) player was apparently a script kiddie hacker. Who had been illegally poking around in user accounts on what appears to be a Russian server. Which turned out to be the admin's server. And by doing so, inadvertently stumbled across a motherlode gold mine of chests i.e. the vast resources stored on the game's admin/mod server by default of being said admin server game room. Kid apparently invested a considerable amount of time building a fortress to store his newly discovered loot.

The admin noticed all this unusual activity going on his server and logged in to check out what was up. Only to find himself under constant attack by an increasingly hostile and feral wunderkind (whose subtitles are in red.). Who vociferously kept trying to defend "his" discovered gold mine from the unwanted intruder (the server admin whose subtitles are in green). The whole fiasco was hilarious since the kid couldn't figure out why he couldn't obliterate the admin's god mode character. Which kept resurrecting itself after every kill.... :ROFLMAO: Have to give the admin credit for the degree of patience he kept in dealing with this particularly self entitled rug rat the entire time. :ROFLMAO:

WARNING: If you're brave enough to watch this, be sure to MINIMIZE your speaker volume settings to lowest level. Non consensual audial intercourse begins at 04:40 :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😂😂😂

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4-v5x6iXw

That being said, avoid the Ark Survival kiddie trolls and happy Minecrafting 😂

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing Minecraft Java ed for Steam. It was one of my Bucket List of Games to-do list for ever. As I was installing it, I began surfing YT for Minecraft playthrough videos. Then this vid popped up on my YT feed. It become frightening the extent to which Google has perfected the art of trolling and stalking its victims customers based on their preferences everywhere on the web 🤯

The following video is funny and very informative for a n00b like me who has never played Minecraft. I had no idea the extent of ferocity those kiddie keyboard warrior trolls possessed. Or the extent of Ark-esque Survival type of possessive mindset that existed in Minecraft. I always assumed Minecraft players (being mostly PvE minded) were some of the nicest care bear gamers online. Until I ran into this vid. Guess I was wrong o_O

In video, the clearly distressed (and high pitched sounding) player was apparently a script kiddie hacker. Who had been illegally poking around in user accounts on what appears to be a Russian server. Which turned out to be the admin's server. And by doing so, inadvertently stumbled across a motherlode gold mine of chests i.e. the vast resources stored on the game's admin/mod server by default of being said admin server game room. Kid apparently invested a considerable amount of time building a fortress to store his newly discovered loot.

The admin noticed all this unusual activity going on his server and logged in to check out what was up. Only to find himself under constant attack by an increasingly hostile and feral wunderkind (whose subtitles are in red.). Who vociferously kept trying to defend "his" discovered gold mine from the unwanted intruder (the server admin whose subtitles are in green). The whole fiasco was hilarious since the kid couldn't figure out why he couldn't obliterate the admin's god mode character. Which kept resurrecting itself after every kill.... :ROFLMAO: Have to give the admin credit for the degree of patience he kept in dealing with this particularly self entitled rug rat the entire time. :ROFLMAO:

WARNING: If you're brave enough to watch this, be sure to MINIMIZE your speaker volume settings to lowest level. Non consensual audial intercourse begins at 04:40 :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😂😂😂

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4-v5x6iXw

That being said, avoid the Ark Survival kiddie trolls and happy Minecrafting 😂
Holy frack. Someone take away the computer from that kid.
And I want my 5 minutes of life back.

I discovered (finally) Alien: Isolation ... sort of in preparation for Odyssey. And I am pretty much impressed. Yet, as I have posted in another thread, it will be pretty hard to come even close to the immersion of the planetary Alien craft crash scene there:

Top Bottom