Patch Notes Planet Coaster: Console Edition 1.4.1 Update Notes

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Hello Coaster friends!

We hope everyone out there is doing well and that you're continuing to enjoy Planet Coaster: Console Edition! It's been great fun seeing all the player made parks, coasters and blueprints that you have shared with us since launch in November. Don't forget to upload what you make to the Frontier Workshop to share it with the rest of the PlanCo Fam.

The next update for Planet Coaster: Console Edition is here! The team has been hard at work addressing critical bugs and crash issues submitted by the community, so thank you so much for keeping us informed about your experiences. This update should address the crash issues our Xbox audience have been experiencing recently, but we will continue working with the platform holders to investigate this further. If you are still experiencing these issues after this update, please let us know via our forums and our issue tracker so our support staff can look into it.

Without further ado, here are the Update Notes for 1.4.1:

Patch Notes:

Stability

• Various performance optimisations.
  • Various stability/crash fixes.
User Interface (UI)
  • Various UI styling changes for consistency across the game.
  • Altered the loan repayment flow.
  • Triggered speaker info panel now opens as expected.
  • AutoTunnel has now been enabled automatically after issues with it not being available at all.
  • Added instructional tooltips to "screen setup" screen.
  • Fixed icons used in guest info panel when guests think about rides/coasters.
  • Frontier Workshop blueprints now use the Frontier Workshop icon.
  • Fix for UI jumping to normal track when station parameter changes.
  • Fixed issue where radial menu in multiselect mode would sometimes be greyed out.
  • The arrows for collapsible sections now follow UI convention.
  • Stopped shop lifetime profit turning green when negative.
  • Fixed UI inconsistency with "Terms and Conditions" screen.
  • Small "time speed" controls UI tweak.
  • Fixed default focused button on advanced rotate panel.
  • Staff Buildings are no longer considered "Shops & Facilities" on the Park Management screen.
  • Fixed crash due to Radial menu showing incorrect options.
  • Surface move transform gizmo now disappears when placing "Create" assets.
  • Improved performance of live bar elements, drastically reducing stutter.
  • Fixed a sorting error in Park Management.
  • Removed some options in settings which did not function as explained.
  • Multi-select UI no longer shown when info pop-up is showing in building edit mode.
  • Research tooltip now correctly shows expected cost.
  • Fixed crash when quickly opening two parks before the loading screen appeared.
  • More safety checks added around the placement panel taking focus from all other UI.
  • Fixed an issue with unit type changes not having an immediate effect on coaster values.
  • Stopped erroneous steppers from showing up in info panels.
  • Swapping colours on triggers in the sequence editor now works as expected.
  • Fixed issue with multiple menus opening over one another.
  • Fixed a crash when revealing research in a challenge park.
  • Disconnecting hotel rooms will no longer disconnect non-selected rooms.
  • Fixed sorting by name in Park Management Attractions and Shops screens.
  • Better handling of opening pause menu when placing objects.
  • Updated the work roster flow to be less confusing.
  • Fixed sort orders in Park Management columns.
Camera
  • RideCam is properly re-enabled after leaving tutorial.
  • Changed camera movement speed to be consistent across all platforms.
  • Fixed a softlock when entering Staff Camera while selected guest was picked up.
  • Entering the terrain with the camera will no longer cause the camera to get stuck.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to enter a ride cam on a seat which doesn't exist.
  • Backing out of track preview will no longer cause the camera to get stuck.
  • Pausing the game while in advanced move/rotate will no longer cause object movement break when raising/lowering the camera.
Tools
  • Fixed a rare crash when removing items from display groups in the trigger sequencer.
  • You can now hide/show on-screen hints.
  • 'Save building' button on hotels, restaurants, and their rooms will now work as expected.
  • Players can now use the Park Management staff list to rehire staff.
  • When the player is in Coaster Editing and hasn't selected a track piece, the game can now be paused.
  • Removed clear selection mode from multi-select panel, as the functionality was duplicated.
  • Added keyboard prompt to hide UI in Ridecam.
  • No more Jumping/ Delay when using sliders in TrackEditMode.
  • Settings fix to aid players who had turned on Global Vertical Snapping and could not turn it off.
Workshop
  • Various Frontier Workshop fixes, both game side and server side.
  • Fixed a crash caused by users being able to download corrupt parks from the Workshop.
Rides & Facilities
  • Wait time of interactive rides no longer reverts to 3s after changing it in info panel.
  • Fixed a rare crash in the coaster tutorial when building a coaster.
  • Screens triggered by track triggers will now stay on for 3s (the default time) instead of flicking off after 0.1s.
  • Fixed custom rides being unaffordable in custom sandbox parks.
  • Fixed a rare crash caused by quickly placing multiple staff buildings.
  • Fixed a crash when selecting a trigger speaker which is connected to a ride.
Scenery & Blueprints
  • You can no longer ungroup locked buildings to edit them.
  • Fixed a crash when object height is snapped at the start of grid placement.
  • Fixed an issue with objects moving great distances when the camera is moved a certain way.
  • Fixed a crash when deleting some pre-placed buildings in some career levels.
  • Fix for blueprints being placed underground when advanced move/rotate is active
Staff & Guests
  • Implemented a number of crowd fixes and optimisations.
  • Work rosters now have character limits.
  • Staff can now be placed even when the Oswald-Eugene Counter has reached 100%.
  • Guests will no longer hover on spiral stairs.
  • When descending spiralled paths, guests will no longer hop above or dip below the path.
Parks
  • Time of day now persists between park loads.
  • Fixed an issue when loading parks where the 'Inspect Guest Thoughts' condition in the 'Make a profit' objective has been completed.
Text & Localisation
  • Fixed multi-line issue on start menu buttons in German.
  • Localisation update to avoid truncation of some strings.
  • Fixed some grammatical errors.
  • Fixed management staff member training tooltips running off-screen.
  • The button prompt on in-game notifications no longer has overlapping issues.
  • Fixed text regarding loan durations.
  • Multiple localisation edits.
Misc.
  • Increased number of save slots available.
  • Autosaves now update their timestamps properly.
  • Made a change to autosave behaviour.

Hello,

I just fired up my Planet Coaster Console Edition on my Xbox Series X. I loaded an older park that was at 67% full, day night cycle is on, I have a large crowd, all kinds of rides and shops. Almost immediately I noticed a couple of things. I’m playing in the “Alpine” zone and the trees outside the park flash randomly almost like crazed Christmas lights. I went to delete a path and the glitch with the size of the path circle is still there. It will. It get any smaller than 23 feet in size. The screen says 7 feet, but it’s clearly still 23 feet in diameter, so trying to delete just one path is nearly impossible.
After about 15 minutes of play time the game crashed back to the Xbox Home Screen. I have all the DLC (and want MORE!!) and I do play the game on my Xbox One X and don’t experience these issues as much. I do mainly play on the Xbox Series X though and the continued crashing is maddening especially after the update. I’ve currently installed the entire game and DLC and am doing a reinstall. It does read as “Build 1.4.1.17862” after the reinstall.
After the reinstall the trees are still flashing and the path delete tool still reads at 7 feet but is obviously much larger.
After the update and the reinstall I have not had a crash in about 35 minutes.

Thank you for your time.

I have just updated my PS5 onto the latest update and noticed that now it’s jumpy and the frame rates have got poor, it’s laggy when moving round the map and jumping. Never used to do this? Park at 90%.....?!

Few issues I've noticed on Xbox One with update 1.4 that weren't there before.

When clicking to edit a work roster from the park management it'll take you to the game screen (normal behavior). But once in the edit roster mode, clicking on the bumpers will "accidentally" bring you back to the park management menu discarding the changes you made (normally I think the buttons were just inactive).

Although it doesn't seem to be fixed (was mentioned in a post), the Delete Path tool "width" slider doesn't allow for larger than 32 ft (but the circumference of the circle does get bigger). I had an issue today where it didn't want to erase the path until I tried a later during the session (didn't have that issue before).

Minor issues:

There's now no tool tip now (press B) to exit the interactive shooting ride (would also like an invert Y axis option if somehow possible 😉).

Plipcam: It looks like some of the UI did get removed upon requests), but now the guest's info box now remains stuck on the screen instead of being removed when activated. You can also zoom in and out with the triggers (don't recall that happening before 1.4).

Thanks; I appreciate the hard work and effort you guys are putting into the game.🙂

Update has fixed a lot of the issues on the series X. Still getting crashes after 80% but will replicate and lodge issues soon. Tha ks guys for getting this great game working again

Hello,

I played today for about 3 hours, but that time was broken up with several crashes back to the Xbox Home Screen.
My park got worse after 65% with more crashes happening the larger the park.

I am playing on an Xbox Series X.
The park area(s) are: Desert, Deciduous, Arctic and City.
I have a number of parks due to starting new ones when crashing became too severe on the park I was working on.
Parks are Open.
Normal crowds
Sandbox mode.
Crashes happen randomly after 60% now and increase with the size of the park.
My last number of crashes happened while lying down large tracts of pathway.
I have started an alpine park and hope to reach crash results in more detail. I really want to enjoy this game, but after the park goes past 60% living in fear of crashes and losing a bunch of work is not only nerve wracking, but takes the desire to play the game and throws it out the window.
I’m hopeful the team there are closing in on a fix, but I must express my extreme disappointment with the current state of the game. If I had a physical copy of the game I would have returned it by now. I purchased the full game and all the DLC for the game so far, and I really support the game and the team, but my enthusiasm is waning exponentially by the crash and loss of progress.
Best of Luck Team.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I have just updated my PS5 onto the latest update and noticed that now it’s jumpy and the frame rates have got poor, it’s laggy when moving round the map and jumping. Never used to do this? Park at 90%.....?!

Thank you for your report. The team is investigating this and we hope to have a solution for it as soon as possible.

The PS5 now crashes during the challenge mode even with a new park. Thanks

As mentioned in the patch notes, the team is still investigating any and all crash reports that come in. Please don't forget to report this via our Issue Tracker as well, and include as many details around the crash as you can.

When clicking to edit a work roster from the park management it'll take you to the game screen (normal behavior). But once in the edit roster mode, clicking on the bumpers will "accidentally" bring you back to the park management menu discarding the changes you made (normally I think the buttons were just inactive).

Although it doesn't seem to be fixed (was mentioned in a post), the Delete Path tool "width" slider doesn't allow for larger than 32 ft (but the circumference of the circle does get bigger). I had an issue today where it didn't want to erase the path until I tried a later during the session (didn't have that issue before).

Minor issues:

There's now no tool tip now (press B) to exit the interactive shooting ride (would also like an invert Y axis option if somehow possible 😉).

Plipcam: It looks like some of the UI did get removed upon requests), but now the guest's info box now remains stuck on the screen instead of being removed when activated. You can also zoom in and out with the triggers (don't recall that happening before 1.4).

Thanks; I appreciate the hard work and effort you guys are putting into the game.🙂

Thanks Monolith Minion. Please don't forget to add these to the Issue Tracker as well-

Update has fixed a lot of the issues on the series X. Still getting crashes after 80% but will replicate and lodge issues soon. Tha ks guys for getting this great game working again

Thanks! We'll continuously investigate all crash reports that come in. :)

Hello,

I played today for about 3 hours, but that time was broken up with several crashes back to the Xbox Home Screen.
My park got worse after 65% with more crashes happening the larger the park.

I am playing on an Xbox Series X.
The park area(s) are: Desert, Deciduous, Arctic and City.
I have a number of parks due to starting new ones when crashing became too severe on the park I was working on.
Parks are Open.
Normal crowds
Sandbox mode.
Crashes happen randomly after 60% now and increase with the size of the park.
My last number of crashes happened while lying down large tracts of pathway.
I have started an alpine park and hope to reach crash results in more detail. I really want to enjoy this game, but after the park goes past 60% living in fear of crashes and losing a bunch of work is not only nerve wracking, but takes the desire to play the game and throws it out the window.
I’m hopeful the team there are closing in on a fix, but I must express my extreme disappointment with the current state of the game. If I had a physical copy of the game I would have returned it by now. I purchased the full game and all the DLC for the game so far, and I really support the game and the team, but my enthusiasm is waning exponentially by the crash and loss of progress.
Best of Luck Team.

Thank you for your support, we do appreciate it. I completely understand your frustrations with regards to the crashes. We will continue to investigate any and all crash reports as they come in, and we hope to have a solution for it as soon as possible.

Thank You for fixing the the glitch I had when items would move underground. Playing on PS4, and so far no issues with the newest update. I reported that glitch and it got fixed.

Was hoping this latest update would fix a problem I've been having but unfortunately not. When I try selecting through the different premade track pieces, the game freezes. If this could be fixed somehow would be great so I can continue playing.

Hello,

Ive been meaning to report this, but since it’s not really a game breaker it slipped my mind. If you are editing a track (coaster, dark ride, anything with track supports) When you highlight the first track piece the supports are on. However each subsequent piece will say “off” even though it is there. You have to turn the piece “on” then “off” to get the support to go away. Like I said, not a game breaker, but maybe it could help with some other issue.

Hello,
I have the PS4 spanish edition and to date I have no crashes so far :), but some glitches, one of them is when I put some Speakers contolled by a Sequencer (for a fireworks show), in some of them, the music comes and goes to zero in a cyclic way. The park is at 99%.

This game need a performance vs quality option on Series X. The framerate is too unstable and players should be able to cap at 30FPS for smooth gameplay.

Minor issues:

Customers may transform their paychecks or other checks into cash without having to rely on a bank account at check cashing companies, often known as money services firms. Check-cashing shops are often open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provide convenient, rapid access to cash when customers need it. Like the check cashing loacator at moneyzap According to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), 20% of American households do not have a bank account or choose to cash their paychecks in other ways, such as through check-cashing businesses.

I've just tried this update but it seems like the loan bugs weren’t fixed
My repayment flow is off the charts

Last edited:
Top Bottom