Ships 1 jump robigo run build, worth it?

I've been considering to make some robigo runs and everyone suggest a python. Since we are limited with medium sized ships the anaconda is out of question , and everyone suggest the python as can fit loads on passenger bays and can easilly do the trip in 4 jumps ( 2+2 roundtrip).

But checking the builds i came up with a doubt...often the passenger bays are half empty, so we don't costantly get the benefit of the 6 sized passenger bays, and i tried to figure out what could be the best ship that could actually cover the distance in one single jump and still holding a decend amount of passenger bays.

In the end I came up with the below phantom build:

It sill holds 7 passengers bays ( albeit smaller), but can make to sothis in 1 jump only., adn I'm REALLY tempted tobuilkd this one instead of the classical 30LY python build.
Not sure tho how limiting would be the size of the bays... What do you guys think about it? is viable or should i just pick a python as everyone else?

Since the runs are typically limited by mission spawn rate and not travel time ... I'd say there is not much benefit to making it in one jump each way.

But checking the builds i came up with a doubt...often the passenger bays are half empty
At best I usually end up with a few vacant spots (1 to 3 empty seats), the two Python jumps are really fast (no scooping) but if you try this let me know the outcome,may be better may be worse who knows, I'm sitting on an average of 14/18 millions per trip, takes about 8 minutes from start to end.

I just went to Robigo to try out the run for the first time -- I went there with my Phantom and then transferred in the Python. Did a "dry run" first to catch my bearings, then looked at the station board and found more than enough passengers to fill the Python. I guess I could do 3 runs in a row before they dry up / I have to wait for refresh. So basically it looks like doing the run with a Phantom will be a little faster because of the saved jump, but you'll basically transport exactly the same amount of passengers, only over more flights.

(As for payout, I picked Grade 5 Mats wherever they were offered, and the rest was still worth about 13M. So total cash would have been ca 17M which aligns nicely with Oytis' numbers.)

I tried yesterday some runs, but i had to give up one 5D passenger for a 3D ( 2x size5 and 4x size3), because my engineering wasn't optimal, and this caused some problem piccking the correct missions, but once i could pick from all the 3 agents it was no longer an issue. every time i went back i found new missions, so it doesn't look i'm draining it. All in all i don't think its BETTER, but probably alsost as good as the python. It might happen an unlucky round ( most missions that requires 5-6 slots where most of my bays have 4 slots) but most of the time i filled all the 6 bays and the direct jump to sothis and back to robigo its priceless.

I have to try for an extended time to see how many runs and milions i can do in 1 hour for better comparison, but at first glance i would say that 6 bays and a single jump is doable and worth. Maybe ( probably ) the python is still better. how much It really dephend on what missions you are getting, and anyway my phantom have still room for improvement.

Robigo passenger runs have the crown displayed on the mission indicating the bay won't accept passengers from other missions. I've also never seen a Robigo economy passenger run with less than 6 passengers which means that your class 2 and 3 passenger cabins would not be used. Also a class 3 shield is nice to have. Still o7 for thinking out of the box!

Here's my passenger Python build. It's total overkill for other play styles in the Sothis/Ceos area but the cabin setup is correct.

UPDATE: I'm wrong. There are Sothis missions with low passenger counts.

Last edited:
Robigo passenger runs have the crown displayed on the mission indicating the bay won't accept passengers from other missions. I've also never seen a Robigo economy passenger run with less than 6 passengers which means that your class 2 and 3 passenger cabins would not be used. Also a class 3 shield is nice to have. Still o7 for thinking out of the box!

Here's my passenger Python build. It's total overkill for other play styles in the Sothis/Ceos area but the cabin setup is correct.

interesting you have all economy, how much you averaging per run?

interesting you have all economy, how much you averaging per run?

The Sothis Atmospherics runs are all economy passengers. No other type is required. I'll make 19-26m credits per run depending upon the mission payouts.10-12m if going for material rewards. It's my go to place for biotech conductors and modified embedded firmware.

UPDATE: I'm wrong. There are Sothis missions using economy, business and first class cabins.

Last edited:
huh, robigo mines yea
I make the same amount but for some reason I ended up with some 1st/business class cabins

Sorry but you're wrong here,best paying out Missions are Business and First Class ;) 16 and 12 Paassengers per cabin.
There are other missions travelling long distances (1200LY etc) with higher grade cabins. If you are right for Sothis Atmospherics ONLY runs then I've been missing out. I'll take a look next time I'm there.

UPDATE: I'm wrong. Qytis57 is right. Thousands of runs for years and I missed the forest for the trees! Maybe 4years ago I figured all this out but getting old I have issues what I did in ED 6 months ago knowing using all economy cabins. My suggestion is don't get old. :)

Last edited:
There are other missions travelling long distances (1200LY etc) with higher grade cabins. If you are right for Sothis Atmospherics ONLY runs then I've been missing out. I'll take a look next time I'm there.
No I mean exactly Robigo Mines to Sirius Atmospherics,most of my cabins are First and Business Class and they fill up nicely. All three Factions there give them,I just pick the best ones for money since I'm already filled up with Mats.

More info.

1) Pure travel time ( undock to dock... the time needed to accept and complete missions is excluded ) is 8 1/2 mins. Probably the python need less than 2 mins more? This is less than 20% travel time difference.

2) Today i'm having more difficulties finding missions with just 3-4 passengers ( oddly enough this wasn't happening yesterday), leaving them oftem unused.
And this ends my testing.

If I could always use the small passenger bays the efficiency difference between the phanton and the python would be much smaller, but since this is not the case, the difference between the 2 ships is too big to be ignored.

well, was worth trying. ;-)

In my Python, I dropped one small slot for a GSFD which facilitated engineering for the required range for 2 jumps. I also run shieldless rn and sometimes can fill the 3 person cabin, sometimes not. Have been hesitant about twitchy or criminal passengers but haven't been scanned so far (also the Py runs at 20% heat).
Also I haven't seen groups larger than 15 persons so larger Economy cabins seem to be a waste.

huh, robigo mines yea
I make the same amount but for some reason I ended up with some 1st/business class cabins...
Just figuring out that there are Sothis economy, business and first class cabin missions I stored a bunch of them in Robigo. So far I'm seeing the higher paying missions >3.5m seem to desire economy cabins with more than 10 passengers. Class 5/6 economy are easy to load while class 4 economy takes some effort to get up to a 2.7m mission. So multiple cabin types offers more selections but maybe just going all economy pays the best.

Just guessing at the moment and I'll need A LOT of runs to see if this is true. After several updates I found a 3.6m business (10 passengers) with higher payouts all economy. Perhaps other players know and can advise. Any =>5m business or first class missions?

Regards

Last edited:
The fact that these mind-numbingly boring passenger missions are now referred to as the "Robigo run" makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

How did Fdev manage to screw this up so badly

Top Bottom