Ships Phantom Explorer Build

How about this as a long range explorer?

I plan to do more engineering eventually but I'm ready to go on a trip. Any suggestion? 64Ly range isn't too bad for this model ship, right?

Any advice is most welcome.

Argh, the EDSY again... Maybe Coriolis.io next time pls? :sick:
Also, ship builds are highly preference dependent, so brace yourself for lots of different (contradicting) info coming your way. Jokes aside, looks like a pretty solid build. Can still be tweaked though, of course. Might want to add an AFMU. Weighs nothing and can be powered off when not in use.
I feel like I am waving my explorer Phantom build around way too much, but if you want to see it for reference let me know. ;)

Argh, the EDSY again... Maybe Coriolis.io next time pls? :sick:
Also, ship builds are highly preference dependent, so brace yourself for lots of different (contradicting) info coming your way. Jokes aside, looks like a pretty solid build. Can still be tweaked though, of course. Might want to add an AFMU. Weighs nothing and can be powered off when not in use.
I feel like I am waving my explorer Phantom build around way too much, but if you want to see it for reference let me know. ;)
First time sharing my build and when exporting from INARA, I get this:

Note: Coriolis is ignoring all the module engineering data exported by Inara at the moment.

So I exported to EDSY. What's the best way to share builds via Coriolis?
Anyway, I will like to see your build and any advice you are willing to give me on exploring.

Note: Coriolis is ignoring all the module engineering data exported by Inara at the moment.
Anyway, I will like to see your build and any advice you are willing to give me on exploring.
I don't use Inara, so have no idea on exporting builds from there. EDSM, on the other hand, seems to export builds to Coriolis 1:1. You can also just add your engineering and bookmark your build page. Works as well.
This is my Phantom. Note, it is built to be as self reliant as possible, thats why it has a repair limpet controller as well as 2 AFMU's. Not really necessary these days, with the DSSA-Carriers around. It's more to satisfy my perfectionism. ;)

Advice on exploring? Mhm, go out there and be curious?! 😅 No, honestly, go for your first trip unbiased and find the way that floats your boat best. No right or wrong there. You will learn as you go, and your second trip will probably be much more structured already.

Edit: And no, my build is not gank proof. Doesn't need to be, 20000ly out in the black. But as I said.... preference. 😊

Deep plating experimental on that hull maybe? :unsure:
Also, may I ask why you use E-grade shield boosters?
Ah, it has deep plating. My bad, must've been lost at exporting to coriolis. It's only 35 hull points though.

And the E rated boosters use a lot less weight and power than the A ones.

What app do you use to export your data to Inara? Is it EDMC? If you set Coriolis as your shipyard in EDMC settings, you can then click the name of your (current) ship in the EDMC interface and it will bring up a Coriols build (with engineering) that you can then share.

Ah, the minimalistic approach. Something tells me you could be more the DBX kinda guy. ;)
I was at the beginning,got my Expl Elite with the DBX,well before the FSS and the Probes. Now I use mainly Anaconda and Phantom, the minimalistic approach come from my experience,I have never been in need of AFMUs,repair limpets and heatsinks, and I have nearly 1 million light years of travel under my belt. 😉 That's simply my way to go.

I was at the beginning,got my Expl Elite with the DBX,well before the FSS and the Probes. Now I use mainly Anaconda and Phantom, the minimalistic approach come from my experience,I have never been in need of AFMUs,repair limpets and heatsinks, and I have nearly 1 million light years of travel under my belt. 😉 That's simply my way to go.
Well, I have less than 200000 ly and have needed all of those things already. 😅
When checking out my first ever NSP, I parked my ship right in front of a crystal, then went to the codex after scanning it. For some strange reason my ship decided to go full throttle.... and by the time I managed to kill the menu, it was already entangled in the spikey things and down to a sliver of hull.
Also some rough landings needed repair limpet attention already, and I also like to use neutron jumps, so the AFMU gets used regularly.
Guess if you never do anything reckless, you can forgo all the safety nets. ;)

If you don't care about accuracy and working shortlinks ... sure.
It is more about the antiquated UI, it's much harder 'reading' a build at first glance on EDSY.
Did not have much trouble with the stuff you mentioned so far either. Maybe more of an issue for the min-max-er.

it's much harder 'reading' a build at first glance on EDSY.
I disagree. I'd say it is much easier to read a build at first glance at EDSY because the spacing between modules is not astronomical and cluttered with particular information about each module that is not always relevant.
I'd argue that this is just unfamiliarity with the EDSY interface.

Well, I have less than 200000 ly and have needed all of those things already. 😅
When checking out my first ever NSP, I parked my ship right in front of a crystal, then went to the codex after scanning it. For some strange reason my ship decided to go full throttle.... and by the time I managed to kill the menu, it was already entangled in the spikey things and down to a sliver of hull.
Also some rough landings needed repair limpet attention already, and I also like to use neutron jumps, so the AFMU gets used regularly.
Guess if you never do anything reckless, you can forgo all the safety nets. ;)
Well I am reckless too but I avoid stupid mistakes as well, comes with experience, you're right if you take the Neutron's way you'll need an AFMU but where I usually go they are never an option almost ;)

Top Bottom