General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Australian protests have appeared.

Again, if we need immunity in over 80% population to stop the pandemic, but 1/3 of them refuse, the pandemic will continue to shut down the economy.

Let's see how the wealthy that control world government policy feel about that.

They already don't care if we starve, die of illnesses, or cold. They are OK with virtual slavery, animal cruelty, and extinctions.
I'm sure they will be sympathetic to the desire to avoid a needle , and will stand up for the rights of individual desires, while they take losses for another year or five.

This could go 2 ways:

Governments can bail them out, while the poor pay it off in taxes and national debts, let the pandemic run, have deaths continue, and all small businesses go bye bye.

Or there's an enforced mandate.

It is a no-brainer. So you can be guaranteed, that some politicos will do the stupid one(cough*Bolsonaro*cough). Depends on where you live.

Australian protests have appeared.

Again, if we need immunity in over 80% population to stop the pandemic, but 1/3 of them refuse, the pandemic will continue to shut down the economy.

Let's see how the wealthy that control world government policy feel about that.

They already don't care if we starve, die of illnesses, or cold. They are OK with virtual slavery, animal cruelty, and extinctions.
I'm sure they will be sympathetic to the desire to avoid a needle , and will stand up for the rights of individual desires, while they take losses for another year or five.

This could go 2 ways:

Governments can bail them out, while the poor pay it off in taxes and national debts, let the pandemic run, have deaths continue, and all small businesses go bye bye.

Or there's an enforced mandate.

It is a no-brainer. So you can be guaranteed, that some politicos will do the stupid one(cough*Bolsonaro*cough). Depends on where you live.
Such a mob of drongos (yeah, that's an Australian term). As I said waaaaaaaaay back at the start of this thread it's not mandatory in Aus anyway, they might miss out on services or jobs or international travel if they make that choice but it's still their choice. It's funny that the people waving placards about rights don't seem to understand that other people have the right to refuse service or association with them too. 🤷‍♂️

You must be a joy in airports since 9/11

Irrational pseduosecurity is just as problematic as irrational pseudoskepticism.

Ideally people would realize that intrusive airport security does next to nothing to protect anyone from a near non-issue, and that wearing mask when around others and getting vaccinated are barely inconveniences that protect against a real, and major, problem.

But people are determined to be ignorant and wrong, which would be fine, if they weren't so insistent that others accommodate them.

The optimist in me continues to hope that people will wise up so there isn't any need or pretext for enforced anything, but I know they won't. Most of them can't.

It's funny that the people waving placards about rights don't seem to understand that other people have the right to refuse service or association with them too. 🤷‍♂️

Most of these people couldn't even define rights or freedoms beyond, "doing whatever I want and to hell with anything that gets in my way". It's an utterly self-absorbed one-way kind of freedom that has to come from a lack of awareness, rather than malice...not that this excuses anything.

Irrational pseduosecurity is just as problematic as irrational pseudoskepticism.
I agree. One bloke failed to detonate a bomb in his shoe so after that we all had to take our shoes off at airports, it was stupid, a waste of time but also not worth arguing about. You just made everyone’s day longer by doing so.

I agree. One bloke failed to detonate a bomb in his shoe so after that we all had to take our shoes off at airports, it was stupid, a waste of time but also not worth arguing about. You just made everyone’s day longer by doing so.
On the other hand if they'd not started checking boots it would be an easy route for anyone that way inclined.

I just wear boots I can slip on and off, and clean socks 😀👃🤮

On the other hand if they'd not started checking boots it would be an easy route for anyone that way inclined.

I just wear boots I can slip on and off, and clean socks 😀👃🤮
Just a week or so after 9/11 I flew to Dublin with my then girlfriend. There was some commotion at Heathrow because she had nail clippers in her hand luggage and that was now verboten. I'm not sure what damage you can do to a person or plane with nail clippers but they were adamant. We eventually got through and on to the plane, during the flight they came round offering drinks, I asked for a red wine and they gave me a small glass bottle of it.

Covid's not a monster in the closet, it's a horrific and potentially deadly disease. I face it every day at work I've already caught it and recovered once. Thankfully I'm also vaccinated.

The immunity from prosecution conspiracy theory is just a load of misinformed or deliberately dishonest cobblers, when a vaccine is rolled out for or on behalf of the government they pick up the legal liability. This is really basic stuff.

Some people are scared of vaccines and seemingly all the easily verifiable science.

Civil wars coming again already eh ?. The FBI are still rounding up the far right and qanon after their last go at that.
just look at Europe, lost of rebellion's against the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. Me I just wait and see, I got time.

It’s good that you can live away from mass population but it kinda debunks what you are saying. Move into the metropolis with all your family and wander the streets telling everyone they are running scared and then there will be a bit more substance to your argument.
I’m happy to walk with you if you like
Never lived in the big city, never will, It's not my reality. I could face a dangerous animal here, but I don't start a rampage to get rid of all of them just because of that, and I'm not scared to walk in a big crowd without a vaccine, sooo?

Just a week or so after 9/11 I flew to Dublin with my then girlfriend. There was some commotion at Heathrow because she had nail clippers in her hand luggage and that was now verboten. I'm not sure what damage you can do to a person or plane with nail clippers but they were adamant. We eventually got through and on to the plane, during the flight they came round offering drinks, I asked for a red wine and they gave me a small glass bottle of it.
Airplane safety is not safety, it's a scam, why it is like this, well that discussion we can't have here.

I could face a dangerous animal here, but I don't start a rampage to get rid of all of them just because of that, and I'm not scared to walk in a big crowd without a vaccine, sooo?

There is nothing analogous about the potential for incidental encounters with potentially dangerous animals and a virulent respiratory pathogen. If you want to talk about ignoring a rabid animal roaming your immediate vicinity, or worse, adopting it and exposing it to other people, then maybe you have the beginnings of a comparison. Ignoring a fire in one's home because it hasn't reached the couch one is sitting on yet would be more apt.

Regardless, not being worried about contracting SARS-CoV-2 is foolish. Willfully exposing others to it is, at best, reckless endangerment.

Last edited:
People have been known to sharpen the edge of the fold out file in nail clippers. The thimg I don't get is duty free selling all you need for a Molotov cocktail.

just look at Europe, lost of rebellion's against the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. Me I just wait and see, I got time.

That explains second jabs being brought forward along with first jabs for over 40's. Which frankly is a better use of limited resources.

We used documents submitted to the Food and Drug Administration2 to derive the vaccine efficacy beginning from 2 weeks after the first dose to before the second dose (Table 1). Even before the second dose, BNT162b2 was highly efficacious, with a vaccine efficacy of 92.6%, a finding similar to the first-dose efficacy of 92.1% reported for the mRNA-1273 vaccine (Moderna).3

This is the Pfizer vaccine they are talking about. If you had one dose, and wait 2 weeks, data shows 92.6% efficacy. About the same as Moderna's vaccine or the J&J vaccine.

Second shot is totally optional.
This effectively doubles the available stockpile. Reduces inconvenience, and lots of side effects.

Pfizer is seeking permission from the FDA to store its Covid-19 vaccine for two weeks at temperatures commonly found in pharmaceutical freezers and refrigerators

Apparently vaccine stability is better than first thought. This greatly reduces cost of distribution.

These adjustments give a good boost to the speed of vaccination, but have to be formally adopted. If you had one dose of the Pfizer vaccine already, maybe skip the next one so somebody else can use it?

If that "off-guardian" fluff is what you use as reference to look at Europe, bless you and the little self-comforting corner of reality you have barricaded into. That's not an inherently bad thing, mind you, we all should strive to reach a self-comforting state of mind and I envy you for that. (Not meant to be snarky, I mean seriously. That piece of "information" is still laughable though.)

All adults in the UK to be offered the vaccine by 31 July. So if I am pushed down that road due to vaccine passports or some such then I should still be able to get on the flight I booked in June.
Alternatively I may not be allowed back in which I’m starting to think could be a bonus

In a perfect world that's how it would pan out, unfortunately they put everyone on the planet at risk.
So does a lot of other things, get your head out of the sand, what about pollution, or exploitation of people? cancer kills more people than anything and yet we still see abundance of legally substance or actions that can course illness or cancer and yet nothing is done? did you ever travel in your life? I've been many places, like India, Africa, South America and what has been done in many of these communities is just as much a crime or even much more than people walking around without a mask or refusing to take the vaccine.

All adults in the UK to be offered the vaccine by 31 July. So if I am pushed down that road due to vaccine passports or some such then I should still be able to get on the flight I booked in June.
Alternatively I may not be allowed back in which I’m starting to think could be a bonus
It's mutating like crazy 15.000 variants as of now, known! you can't vaccinate your way out of this, but go ahead get pumped with all these crazy substance and when your body gives up because you destroyed your natural immune system that will be the next level of salty tiers, nope the only way is by boosting your immune system as much as possible.

There is nothing analogous about the potential for incidental encounters with potentially dangerous animals and a virulent respiratory pathogen. If you want to talk about ignoring a rabid animal roaming your immediate vicinity, or worse, adopting it and exposing it to other people, then maybe you have the beginnings of a comparison. Ignoring a fire in one's home because it hasn't reached the couch one is sitting on yet would be more apt.

Regardless, not being worried about contracting SARS-CoV-2 is foolish. Willfully exposing others to it is, at best, reckless endangerment.
Well, then stay away, I'm not coming to your place I like it here where I am. BTW you want to round up all the hobos and vaccinate them? maybe that would be a good place to start, good luck with that :D

If that "off-guardian" fluff is what you use as reference to look at Europe, bless you and the little self-comforting corner of reality you have barricaded into. That's not an inherently bad thing, mind you, we all should strive to reach a self-comforting state of mind and I envy you for that. (Not meant to be snarky, I mean seriously. That piece of "information" is still laughable though.)
I just check the news, however talking to family and friends in Europe they do tell me about a growing resistance so...

Last edited:
Well that was the plan, but as always; someone had to mess it up.

According to SKY, all schools in England. are going back in 2 weeks, March 8th. No mixing, no parties etc.etc.. Which is not going to work, because if you tell the kids it is OK to go to school, then they will ignore all of the other restrictions in place, some of which are planed to go on for months. Having schools open, has been the issue, will be the issue and will fuel the need for another lockdown. I heard the other day, some mouth-piece state that the 'transmission rate, was no different in schools, than in the general population'. This was to 'reassure' the public about the possibility of re-opening schools. This is a moot statement, as it is the kids, that are spreading the virus and to top it off. They are not being vaccinated, until last.

It's mutating like crazy 15.000 variants as of now, known! you can't vaccinate your way out of this, but go ahead get pumped with all these crazy substance and when your body gives up because you destroyed your natural immune system that will be the next level of salty tiers, nope the only way is by boosting your immune system as much as possible.
I have actually given myself a bit of a reality check to be honest. If I think back to a misspent (in some peoples eyes) youth and all the legal and illegal chemicals I pumped into into my body without a care for the future I think the least of my worries is what this state sponsored chemical is going to do to me. My immediate worry is whether I can get on a plane in June and spend a few weeks on an island in the Far East

So does a lot of other things, get your head out of the sand, what about pollution, or exploitation of people? cancer kills more people than anything and yet we still see abundance of legally substance or actions that can course illness or cancer and yet nothing is done? did you ever travel in your life? I've been many places, like India, Africa, South America and what has been done in many of these communities is just as much a crime or even much more than people walking around without a mask or refusing to take the vaccine.

Well, then stay away, I'm not coming to your place I like it here where I am. BTW you want to round up all the hobos and vaccinate them? maybe that would be a good place to start, good luck with that :D

I just check the news, however talking to family and friends in Europe they do tell me about a growing resistance so...

So far vaccinating our way out of it is working. They are already talking about another vaccination program to start in Autumn with a booster adapted for the new problem strains.

It’s going to be a lot like now with the flu vaccines. A new cocktail every year to stop lots of people dying from a virus we can’t wipeout.

Covid vaccines - 'spectacular' impact on serious illness https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153617

Well that was the plan, but as always; someone had to mess it up.

According to SKY, all schools in England. are going back in 2 weeks, March 8th. No mixing, no parties etc.etc.. Which is not going to work, because if you tell the kids it is OK to go to school, then they will ignore all of the other restrictions in place, some of which are planed to go on for months. Having schools open, has been the issue, will be the issue and will fuel the need for another lockdown. I heard the other day, some mouth-piece state that the 'transmission rate, was no different in schools, than in the general population'. This was to 'reassure' the public about the possibility of re-opening schools. This is a moot statement, as it is the kids, that are spreading the virus and to top it off. They are not being vaccinated, until last.

I really don’t understand why everyone is so hell-bent on sending the kids back to school. It’s so obvious it was the kids spreading it around at school that was the problem. They could probably lift all the restrictions apart from kids going back to school and it would spread around less.

Just got to hope enough people are vaccinated before it explodes in the school population again.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom