Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

You ship was on 'pad 02' not 'hangar 02'... :D

The video just illustrates how broken and unintuitive Star Citizen is for newer players. I didn't realise how bad it really was until I got a new player to stream what he was doing on Discord so I could watch and guide him through the various processes and workarounds needed to just get to a ship, take off and go somewhere else. It's not that it's overly complicated...but trying to do basic stuff in a game that is broken due to server desync or just plain old crappy programming makes it a nightmare for new guys.
Yerp ... I realised that on the next attempt ... I do think that locking you in the elevator because you tried to get off at the wrong the floor is a bit of an odd punishment though :)

On this free fly I have got stuck in elevators more times than I have successfully emerged from them!!

Just had my first 30K disconnection ... Quite funny watching the global chat with more and more players mentioning they just had a 30K ... Then I got disconnected from my "channel" and sure enough I had a 30K.

You have to ask for landing permission when at less than 6-7 km of landing zone (you can display comms in one of your computer screen in cockpit) and lower your landing gear (N). At the beginning, switching to external view (F4) helps to land.
You can manage your ship hud while seated by maintaining 'F' key.

When you ask for landing permission, you set your next spawn point when you die.

All controls and key mappings can be found in game by accessing your options menu (press ESC).
Landing permission thing was one I constantly forgot when I was noob in ED :D

yesterday I tried to pilot ships with my thrustmaster x hotas.
some years ago I gave up using it because binding was broken. Well, they still are.
Throttle is inverted, no matter what I do. I have tried every option in the controls menu (litterally a nightmare) but nothing works.

(One unfortunate bug currently is that parking a ship on the surface won’t account for rotation while you’re logged off. You can log back on inside of a mountain ;))
Oh my goodness - is this true? I'm sure that we've all made coding errors that we think back on and slap our foreheads in shame - but forgetting that a planet might rotate...?

Oh my goodness - is this true? I'm sure that we've all made coding errors that we think back on and slap our foreheads in shame - but forgetting that a planet might rotate...?
Obviously you don't understand persistence development.
SC has no loading screens, because whole game is just one big map. As a consequence, you will find your coffee mug Idris exactly at the coordinates where you left it. Nothing, not even planet rotation, will alter them. This is the way.

Ok ... So I REALLY hate the system map/navigation mode. Here is a vid of me attempting to plot a course to Lorvile , and failing. I couldnt see any markers showing the route once set (well I think I set a route - maybe not) edit: I think I may have worked it out, click set route is done last, so the hops appear in the left side.

What am I missing? Also several times when I press F2 to bring up the map it simply doesnt work. No amount of mouse wheel scrolling or dragging gets anything to display on the map, well not for me anyway, is this to be expected ?

Last edited:
What am I missing?
Its Alpha!

Seriously, the point is not to 'play' the 'game' but to find and report bugs and test the software and let CIG run background experiments with players per server and 'What happens if we take out all the chairs and a planet?' type questions. You are a guinea pig or a rat in a maze, not a customer playing a game.

Cant believe you people missed the one time that 'Its Alpha' is actually the correct answer :)

Its Alpha!

Seriously, the point is not to 'play' the 'game' but to find and report bugs and test the software and let CIG run background experiments with players per server and 'What happens if we take out all the chairs and a planet?' type questions. You are a guinea pig or a rat in a maze, not a customer playing a game.

Cant believe you people missed the one time that 'Its Alpha' is actually the correct answer :)
Over 7 years since I pledged , Over 3 years since I got a full refund .... and still most definitely in Alpha. There has been some progress, in the latest free fly when I managed to get out of the elevator and get to the ship I could get in to it every time.

It wasnt always the case:

yesterday I tried to pilot ships with my thrustmaster x hotas.
some years ago I gave up using it because binding was broken. Well, they still are.
Throttle is inverted, no matter what I do. I have tried every option in the controls menu (litterally a nightmare) but nothing works.
I remember having to anti-reverse my throttle too...I'll see what settings I have in my bindings...I've kept them for the last 3 years since they're a real pain to rebind with the clusterfarce of the SC controls menu.

Ok ... So I REALLY hate the system map/navigation mode. Here is a vid of me attempting to plot a course to Lorvile , and failing. I couldnt see any markers showing the route once set (well I think I set a route - maybe not) edit: I think I may have worked it out, click set route is done last, so the hops appear in the left side.

What am I missing? Also several times when I press F2 to bring up the map it simply doesnt work. No amount of mouse wheel scrolling or dragging gets anything to display on the map, well not for me anyway, is this to be expected ?
The starmap is bugged for this patch...click on another mobiglas icon and back to the starmap...or exit the map and re-enter it...sorts it out usually... along with a couple of double right clicks to zoom right out,

Top Bottom