Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

This is a cool update. I was very happy to find that the robot animals can also be adopted. This is D4-ZZ-4 ... aka Dazza. :D

EuloaEjXAAMRgpw.jpeg

NMS is consistently one of the most visually appealing games I play regularly, and this update also feels like it's had a bit of a boost on the base PS4 I use. Faster load transitions were mentioned in the patch notes but I swear the pop-in is less noticeable than usual too. There seems to be a smoother fade of objects and less of the harsh pops.

I realy like the fact that they manage to surprise their players time and time again with stuff no one expected.
Mechs, Alien living ships, derelict freighters and now pet companions, they sure are very creative with what they come up with.
You realy start to wonder what ideas they come up with for the next update.

I wish more devs had their attitude, productivity and creativity.

Another patch to fix companion issues is downloading... Its a big one over 8.6 GB on PS4... (just incase you wanted to play today start the update a head of play time...)

Last edited:
Another patch to fix companion issues is downloading... Its a big one over 8.6 GB on PS4... (just incase you wanted to play today start the update a head of play time...)

On Xbox too 8.3 gb.
I'm impressed by how adequate and quickly they squash bugs, I even rember getting a patch on a Sunday.
I know at least one developer who could learn from Hello Games how important it is to fix bugs and not let them pile up.

Last edited:
On Xbox too 8.3 gb.
I'm impressed by how adequate and quickly they squash bugs, I even rember getting a patch on a Sunday.
I know at least one developer who could learn from Hello Games how important it is to fix bugs and not let them pile up.

I'm on the experimental branch on Steam. They were banging out builds at 11:30pm last night. Think that was at least the 3rd build yesterday.

Oh, did they add earthquakes? I was sitting in my ship waiting for a storm to pass and suddenly my ship was shook. Weirdest thing. Never seen this in the game before. Oh, and I also saw a dust devil pull an animal up in the air earlier on another planet. LOL!

You can get a free derelict search mission once a week from the Anomaly, at the first desk in the foyer (the guy who gives nanites for various data).
I just discovered that too a few days ago. It's probably new because the scrap trader sell them, but they're expensive, so for new players it's perhaps too steep and by getting it from Helios (? I think it is), then they have a chance doing the derelicts as well.

Top Bottom